Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OMG, I'm offended thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key difference with the private school boys is that what they were doing was deliberately transgressive. Indeed, that’s the entire point of the chant. Far more interesting when mainstream norms come into conflict, I think.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Yes i agree they were being deliberately offensive, i guess we just see so much crap these days its not as stinging as it used to be. certainly if i was there and i saw a bunch of old ladies getting upset, or for that matter, school girls as was the case here, id probably say something to them along the lines of "i have a photo, its going to your headmaster!' for just myself id probably give them a dirty look and walk away. i can certainly see a bunch of teens getting intimidated by it, especially the more timid ones. its not so much the words, but the size of the guys, and the number of them, its pure intimidation.

"I wish that all the ladies / Were holes in the road / If I was a dump truck / I'd fill them with my load." gees, pathetic!

the fact they were in uniform, and dont kid yourself its just private school kids that behave that way, by the way!!! Any teacher will tell you they are representing their school when they are in uniform, and for me, if it was my kids school id expect harsh punishment!! Same as if a footy player was snorting cocaine in his off season - wearing a team jumper! harsher than just you dickhead, its a bad look, its not just a personal bad look its a team bad look. Apparently there was St kevins teachers present who said nothing? that is bad form.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/boys-from-elite-toorak-college-filmed-chanting-sexist-song-20191021-p532uj.html

The pole thing, well it certainly carries a pretty yucky reputation, but have you ever seen how bloody amazing some of them are - with clothes on i might add! its bloody physical, and quite frankly, any exercise thats gets kids of the couch, im down for! funny, ive been pretty harsh on strippers in the past, im genuinely surprised you David are even slightly offended by it! I mean its not a great look, like i said, find a new name, but still, if your going to say it will leads girls astray, gees, i remember my daughter going out in a belt for a skirt for a while there, and now shes a 25 year old prude! and with a figure to die for, its a crime!!!

truth is the older i get the less easily im offended, i think its called menopausaldontgiveafuck syndrome! cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:18 pm

hmm, it gets worse!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/st-kevin-s-head-says-misogynistic-problem-is-worse-than-he-thought-20191025-p5347t.html

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm offended Ayres Rock is closed.

I waited at the front for ages and then as night was falling, just went for it.

Jumped the fence, dodged the owners and climbed and stood on top of it.

Took a selfie and drank a beer.

Gary was pissed off and told me to go home.

Well if he didn't want people in his back yard, he shouldn't have built such a majestic rockery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: