Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL News. Collingwood and North Melb get harder draw 2019

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
who cares. Of course we get a
"tougher draw". But I'm pumped. Our team is electrically galvanized...welded together. Not losing a single player to rival teams is an absolute victory. Shows that our guys are backing us in, and we them. Dayne Beams... is the extra electronic crystal... he polarizes in the same way, and we are absolutely on.
I welcome the harder draw, because it is the impetus we need.

Ummmm Fasolo?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
"tougher draw". But I'm pumped. Our team is electrically galvanized...welded together. Not losing a single player to rival teams is an absolute victory. Shows that our guys are backing us in, and we them. Dayne Beams... is the extra electronic crystal... he polarizes in the same way, and we are absolutely on.

Ummmm Fasolo?

Yeah, forgot about Fas. I am sad about that. I think we did not pay him due respect after the several brilliant performances he gave us. But i am not privy to the coaching discussions, and what was said to him to encourage him to step up to the new demands. I get the feeling that we decided that Fas would not be defended, in the same way as Moore and Langdon.
Losing Fas wrenches my heart, but I think this was actually anticipated, and did not result from us losing out on a player that we were ferociously attempting to retain.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:20 pm

ronrat wrote:
3 of the sides are MCG clubs and with GWS an WCE we probably now avoid the SCG toy ground and freo away. And only one game in adelaide. Probably get the pauperoos, and western welfare as away games at Marvel but only one game against Essenscum and carlscum.
The WCE and GWS will get more games at the MCG which could stuff them. To be honest unless they have a draw done over 4 years it is the only fair way. Not sure how the AFL can accomodate the "derbies" but I don't care,

Ronnie, you might be on the money here; I've tagged the teams who i'll presume we'll play twice [*], and the venues for the interstate trips, which might tally 5 or 6, not sure how many of those we are obligated to play...

And the 3-4 games we get shafted off to Death Valley/Docklands [#], and why so many fixtures there, defies all logic...
All other games played obviously on the MCG

1 West Coast Eagles*
2 Collingwood
3 Richmond*
4 Melbourne
5 GWS Giants [Skoda]
6 Hawthorn*
------------------------
7 Sydney Swans [MCG]
8 Geelong Cats
9 North Melbourne#
10 Port Adelaide [AO]
11 Essendon*
12 Adelaide Crows [MCG]
------------------------
13 Western Bulldogs#
14 Fremantle [OO]
15 Brisbane Lions [Gabba]
16 St Kilda#
17 Gold Coast Suns [Metricon/#]
18 Carlton*

Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 pm

piedys wrote:
ronrat wrote:
3 of the sides are MCG clubs and with GWS an WCE we probably now avoid the SCG toy ground and freo away. And only one game in adelaide. Probably get the pauperoos, and western welfare as away games at Marvel but only one game against Essenscum and carlscum.
The WCE and GWS will get more games at the MCG which could stuff them. To be honest unless they have a draw done over 4 years it is the only fair way. Not sure how the AFL can accomodate the "derbies" but I don't care,

Ronnie, you might be on the money here; I've tagged the teams who i'll presume we'll play twice [*], and the venues for the interstate trips, which might tally 5 or 6, not sure how many of those we are obligated to play...

And the 3-4 games we get shafted off to Death Valley/Docklands [#], and why so many fixtures there, defies all logic...
All other games played obviously on the MCG

1 West Coast Eagles*
2 Collingwood
3 Richmond*
4 Melbourne
5 GWS Giants [Skoda]
6 Hawthorn*
------------------------
7 Sydney Swans [MCG]
8 Geelong Cats
9 North Melbourne#
10 Port Adelaide [AO]
11 Essendon*
12 Adelaide Crows [MCG]
------------------------
13 Western Bulldogs#
14 Fremantle [OO]
15 Brisbane Lions [Gabba]
16 St Kilda#
17 Gold Coast Suns [Metricon/#]
18 Carlton*

I expect us to play 2 games in Sydney next year.

With our standard 5 interstate games, we normally get 1 in Perth and Adelaide and then 2 in QLD/one in Sydney one year and 2 in Sydney/one in QLD next year.

That means 2 in Sydney, one in QLD next year.

Double up games look dead on for mine. I expect carlton, Essendon, Richmond and West Coast all twice. The other is a coin toss from the other top '12' teams.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Ummmm Fasolo?

Yeah, forgot about Fas. I am sad about that. I think we did not pay him due respect after the several brilliant performances he gave us. But i am not privy to the coaching discussions, and what was said to him to encourage him to step up to the new demands. I get the feeling that we decided that Fas would not be defended, in the same way as Moore and Langdon.
Losing Fas wrenches my heart, but I think this was actually anticipated, and did not result from us losing out on a player that we were ferociously attempting to retain.

I am 99 per cent certain that we told Faz he has zero chance of replacing the forwards that we have and that he should go and find himself another job. i don't consider this losing a player, but giving a player an opportunity where he had none with us.

By the way, didn't we get Faz for pick 45 and lose him for pick 57. His entire playing career has actually seen him decline in value 12 spots from where he started. It's quite sad when you determine a mans value by draft picks.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:49 am

If we play GWS and Sydney away, I’d like to see us play GWS at Manuka, they get bigger crowds there anyway.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 am

E wrote:

By the way, didn't we get Faz for pick 45 and lose him for pick 57. His entire playing career has actually seen him decline in value 12 spots from where he started. It's quite sad when you determine a mans value by draft picks.

Geezus, if you use that logic, Clokey and Roughead both had a fair old decline.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:09 pm

As I recall, we had a very difficult draw in 2010.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Bay Pie wrote:

I expect us to play 2 games in Sydney next year.

With our standard 5 interstate games, we normally get 1 in Perth and Adelaide and then 2 in QLD/one in Sydney one year and 2 in Sydney/one in QLD next year.

That means 2 in Sydney, one in QLD next year.

Double up games look dead on for mine. I expect carlton, Essendon, Richmond and West Coast all twice. The other is a coin toss from the other top '12' teams.

Bay Pie, I follow your logic here [of the illogical AFL algorithms at that] on the NSW and QLD scheduling, but disagree.
Can't see us getting two NSW games in 2019, my rationale is Swans haven't played us at the MCG since when 2014-2015?
Yet when our dominance at Stadium Australia became intolerable for AFL, we have played each season since at SCG 2015, the last two games decided by less than a goal.
We haven't played GWS in NSW since Blairgate 2017, when Johnson arsed a goal in the dying minute to gift them an undeserved win.
But that was okay in the end, ultimately it nudged us under Hawthorn by draft day, so we could snaffle Stevenson. Thank Christ for that.
We are due for a run at the GABBA for sure, and another game at Metricon wouldn't shock me either.

Who knows what these AFL idiots will manifest for the 2019 fixture...

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 am

We'll play the wiggles twice, once in Perth obviously.
I hope we play the dockers there too! We're one win and one narrow loss at the venue, and there's a chance we'll play more finals on the ground in coming years.
Love to leave that joint silenced after a finals victory! *^%*%^... I hate those maggots in canary yellow and baby blue!!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:17 pm

I expect the Demons twice given there is talk of a Riund 1 blockbuster
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Impossible to have a tougher draw next year - we only play one team above us on the ladder no matter how they fix it.

Im happy playing the better teams more often. I reckon we had a reasonably tough draw in 2010 and it only made us stronger. Id rather go into the pointy end of the season knowing we have beaten the teams we will be facing and if we haven't beat them or don't get there we wouldn't f been good enough to take that next step anyway.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:14 pm

When will 2019's fixture come out?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

I can see that happening. Both clubs proposed a round 1 fixture last year, but it was rejected by the AFL for unknown reasons.

With both clubs finishing in the top 4, and us having a legitimate grievance over the QB fixture and Melbourne's unwillingness to share the fixture, I think this is the next best option.

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:

Unusually, no release date has been disclosed by the AFL.

Last year, it was released on October 31.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Jezza wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

I can see that happening. Both clubs proposed a round 1 fixture last year, but it was rejected by the AFL for unknown reasons.

With both clubs finishing in the top 4, and us having a legitimate grievance over the QB fixture and Melbourne's unwillingness to share the fixture
, I think this is the next best option.

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:

Unusually, no release date has been disclosed by the AFL.

Last year, it was released on October 31.

how did that happen anyway? bloody crazy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: