Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Ok folks time for a reality check.

Firstly I am stunned by the absolute panning some posters are giving Dayne. This is no con job to drive his price up or take a very lucrative offer from another club. This is a young man who lives away from a father who he is extremely close to and finding out that his fathers health is now in a dire place. I challenge anyone on here to not do something similar if they had the chance to be close to a parent who is facing the same situation.
I am disgusted by some of these comments and those who have posted them should really take a deep breathe and realize some things in life are bigger than football.
Let me put the facts together for you all which I have garnered by speaking to some mutual friends last night.
His dad has been sick for some time (all his mates have known that) but no one not even Dayne knew the extent of his illness until very recently.
His father had choosen to keep the gravity of his illness from his kids (and mates)
Recently the diagnosis became a lot worse than he first expected and thus the circumstances changed drastically.
Dayne's mother actually flew to Melbourne to deliver Dayne the news in person and to be there for him.
Now I haven't been able to speak to his dad by phone ( I am planning on going to the gold coast this weekend to see him in person now I have found out more)

Dayne found out the gravity of the situation last week and firstly rang Eddie to tell him. I am told Eddie told him to take some time and get his head together and get back to the club when he has been through everything that has happened. Apparently Dayne rang Eddie within an hour of finding out the news.
Dayne has fulfilled his obligations to the club in attending the Brownlow and has been working with his mother, brother and sister on what they feel is in the best interests of there father and his family (remembering his father has been divorced from his mother for nearly 20yrs)
Dayne is extremely close to his father and it was his father who was a fair country player himself that developed Dayne's love of the game and the basic skills.
Now I've been informed Dayne has been absolutely gutted by the turn of events and is torn between being there for his father and having to make a decision to leave a club who has been great to him since his career began.
Dayne and his family have been weighing up all there options after getting a full understanding of the situation his father is facing and he has been trying to make a decision.
A couple days ago Dayne met Eddie, Pert and Bucks privately (withoutnhis management just with his mother) to update them on the situation.
Eddie has been fantastic to Dayne and his family since Dayne arrived and again has with this new situation. Now this is a kid torn between the love of his father and the love of his club.
I am told his father isn't willing to relocate to Melbourne to continue his treatment as he wants to be close to his mates (plus he would be leaving Claye so it would be trading one son for another) so it has limited the options available to Dayne.
At 10pm last night I spoke to a mutual mate of ours who happens to be the father of one of Dayne's best mates and he said Dayne had been in contact with them and said the club is working on ways to make it easy for him to be able get home weekly or more often if required as a possible solution to Dayne's dilemma.
My understanding is Eddie again has been fantastic and basically told Dayne his father is the most important factor is this and the club would do everything in its capabilities to assist Dayne through this.
Now Dayne and the club are working together to see if they can find a way of Dayne staying in Melbourne and being a magpie but also him being able to spend time with his father who currently isn't sure of how much time he has left.
Tough choices need to be made from both sides of the fence. I can understand the club wanting to be fairly compensated for a elite player that's the business they are in and rightly so. I can also very much understand Dayne's side as well knowing him and his family for nearly 20yrs it's a absolute shocking situation for them to be in.
Everyone can debate what is a fair compensation for Dayne IF he leaves (and this is far from decided yet give Eddie a chance to work his magic here folks. If there is one thing our president can do is work magic) before we start making outlandish statements about a player who has given a lot to the club in his time here.
If anyone out there is stupid enough to believe this is a decision about $$ then they are so far removed from the facts it's unbelievable. If this was a financial decision Dayne could have lined his pockets at the end of 2012 and taken a lot more $$ gone to the Suns then but he decided to stay with the club on less (and I'm told it was a lot less as well over $100-$150k a season) so its not the money guys. He knows full well if he stayed at collingwood he would be rewarded financially as well.
Going forward lets all take a deep breathe and let Dayne and the club try to sort through this situation.

Bump.

Perfect place to end the thread Mods.

Good luck QldMagpie, it's not easy being there in this time, your a good friend, and thankYOU for posting this. Wishing the Beams family all the best.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 am

Yes it can be tought.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:49 am

Beast wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
his old man must be crook. family is the most important.
don't hate on Beamer!

His old man has just beaten cancer and did it while his mom and sister lived in Melbourne. I'm sure Beamsy could have afforded to relocate his dad here.

Anyone who believes the family reason are on par with the Hirdites.

You know all about cancer you frigging moron? You know shit you low life turd.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:05 am

In the first hours when I first heard about this, I was so pissed off. I was ready to not renew, I was ready to get online and say Bucks/Ed have to go.

I then heard/read his father was quite ill.

If that's the case, then I hope the club and Beams can work out a solution, if not, then I wont hold it against him if he wishes to go back home.

Family > Football (A JOB)

Though to be honest, I am feeling less enchanted with the club as time goes on.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 am

think positive wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Ok folks time for a reality check.

Firstly I am stunned by the absolute panning some posters are giving Dayne. This is no con job to drive his price up or take a very lucrative offer from another club. This is a young man who lives away from a father who he is extremely close to and finding out that his fathers health is now in a dire place. I challenge anyone on here to not do something similar if they had the chance to be close to a parent who is facing the same situation.
I am disgusted by some of these comments and those who have posted them should really take a deep breathe and realize some things in life are bigger than football.
Let me put the facts together for you all which I have garnered by speaking to some mutual friends last night.
His dad has been sick for some time (all his mates have known that) but no one not even Dayne knew the extent of his illness until very recently.
His father had choosen to keep the gravity of his illness from his kids (and mates)
Recently the diagnosis became a lot worse than he first expected and thus the circumstances changed drastically.
Dayne's mother actually flew to Melbourne to deliver Dayne the news in person and to be there for him.
Now I haven't been able to speak to his dad by phone ( I am planning on going to the gold coast this weekend to see him in person now I have found out more)

Dayne found out the gravity of the situation last week and firstly rang Eddie to tell him. I am told Eddie told him to take some time and get his head together and get back to the club when he has been through everything that has happened. Apparently Dayne rang Eddie within an hour of finding out the news.
Dayne has fulfilled his obligations to the club in attending the Brownlow and has been working with his mother, brother and sister on what they feel is in the best interests of there father and his family (remembering his father has been divorced from his mother for nearly 20yrs)
Dayne is extremely close to his father and it was his father who was a fair country player himself that developed Dayne's love of the game and the basic skills.
Now I've been informed Dayne has been absolutely gutted by the turn of events and is torn between being there for his father and having to make a decision to leave a club who has been great to him since his career began.
Dayne and his family have been weighing up all there options after getting a full understanding of the situation his father is facing and he has been trying to make a decision.
A couple days ago Dayne met Eddie, Pert and Bucks privately (withoutnhis management just with his mother) to update them on the situation.
Eddie has been fantastic to Dayne and his family since Dayne arrived and again has with this new situation. Now this is a kid torn between the love of his father and the love of his club.
I am told his father isn't willing to relocate to Melbourne to continue his treatment as he wants to be close to his mates (plus he would be leaving Claye so it would be trading one son for another) so it has limited the options available to Dayne.
At 10pm last night I spoke to a mutual mate of ours who happens to be the father of one of Dayne's best mates and he said Dayne had been in contact with them and said the club is working on ways to make it easy for him to be able get home weekly or more often if required as a possible solution to Dayne's dilemma.
My understanding is Eddie again has been fantastic and basically told Dayne his father is the most important factor is this and the club would do everything in its capabilities to assist Dayne through this.
Now Dayne and the club are working together to see if they can find a way of Dayne staying in Melbourne and being a magpie but also him being able to spend time with his father who currently isn't sure of how much time he has left.
Tough choices need to be made from both sides of the fence. I can understand the club wanting to be fairly compensated for a elite player that's the business they are in and rightly so. I can also very much understand Dayne's side as well knowing him and his family for nearly 20yrs it's a absolute shocking situation for them to be in.
Everyone can debate what is a fair compensation for Dayne IF he leaves (and this is far from decided yet give Eddie a chance to work his magic here folks. If there is one thing our president can do is work magic) before we start making outlandish statements about a player who has given a lot to the club in his time here.
If anyone out there is stupid enough to believe this is a decision about $$ then they are so far removed from the facts it's unbelievable. If this was a financial decision Dayne could have lined his pockets at the end of 2012 and taken a lot more $$ gone to the Suns then but he decided to stay with the club on less (and I'm told it was a lot less as well over $100-$150k a season) so its not the money guys. He knows full well if he stayed at collingwood he would be rewarded financially as well.
Going forward lets all take a deep breathe and let Dayne and the club try to sort through this situation.

Bump.

Perfect place to end the thread Mods.

Good luck QldMagpie, it's not easy being there in this time, your a good friend, and thankYOU for posting this. Wishing the Beams family all the best.

Likewise - the tyranny of distance will worry Dayne but having the right support around you is equally important - if I was in this position (I have been in the past) the known support of your workplace is really important. I would be more reluctant to start a new job in a new place if it were me.

Whatever the outcome I wish Dayne all the best.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:23 am

Thanks for the update qldmagpie67.
Really tough times for Dayne & his family at the moment.
He is a favourite & I hope we can work out a way to keep him at the club, but still see more of his dad. If we can't I will understand why & still wish him all the best.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:25 am

Beamsys Father used to come on here a fair bit. Recently with the last round of contract talks, he came on and reassured us all that Dayne loves the club and is not going anywhere. And true to his word his son stayed.

I do not know the full extent of what his illnes would be, but if son is the same as father then I believe Dayne is leaving because his Father is very ill, enough for him to leave the club and mates he loves.

Have any of you sat back and thought for one minute that if his Father is dying that how great it would be for him to see both his boys play together in the elite competition in Australia. If you were in this position and had the means to make your Dad's wish come true, wouldn't you do it?

IF he does go to Brisbane I am sure the Club will do what they can to maximise a fair deal for all involved. Now we just sick back and wait and trust Beams and the club.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Siceman 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am

Not often a single post ends a thread. Thanks qldmagpies67.

Family before footy, 24/7, 365.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am

To all those sucked in with the sympathy spin. The facts are a month ago Brisbane announced they were cashed up and wanted Beams. A month later he has requested a trade to Queensland and surprisingly it's Brisbane who have offered up a contract offering Beams a lot more $$ than what he is on now. As for his Father being ill which is unfortunate and I hope he gets better. If Beams plays for Brisbane he will be away every second week. One of our best players wants out and he is using the "family reasons" to get out of a contract.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:37 am

Thanks for that qldmagpie67. Really helps clarify issues & hopefully end speculation re the reasons Dayne asked to be traded.

I just think many of us were so taken back with the news - different people react differently. My jaw is on the ground somewhere after first hearing about the news!

Best of luck to Dayne & his family.

Hopefully, a win - win situation gets worked out. It's also great to hear that our club has been highly supportive too.

Thanks again Qld.

call me frank 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:48 am

Culprit wrote:
To all those sucked in with the sympathy spin. The facts are a month ago Brisbane announced they were cashed up and wanted Beams. A month later he has requested a trade to Queensland and surprisingly it's Brisbane who have offered up a contract offering Beams a lot more $$ than what he is on now. As for his Father being ill which is unfortunate and I hope he gets better. If Beams plays for Brisbane he will be away every second week. One of our best players wants out and he is using the "family reasons" to get out of a contract.

Unfortunately, some people can't see above their own height and always project their morals and thoughts on to the rest of us - often with the belief of some superior insight.

I call them the middle-bands - just a fraction above the average intelligence with a grossly incommensurate ego. You're a classic case Culprit.

Everything about Beams speaks of character - it's a real shame you can't appreciate it and have to drag everyone back into your swamp.

Kermit Brereton 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:54 am

Nick's once again proves that it has the most Michael Tuckwits of any site I visit. I'm still a big fan of collingwood....but after quietly reading this site for ten years how can I possibly be a fan of collingwood people?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:01 am

call me frank wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Unfortunately, some people can't see above their own height and always project their morals and thoughts on to the rest of us - often with the belief of some superior insight.

I call them the middle-bands - just a fraction above the average intelligence with a grossly incommensurate ego. You're a classic case Culprit.

Everything about Beams speaks of character - it's a real shame you can't appreciate it and have to drag everyone back into your swamp.
I simply don't believe in coincidences and after many dealings with players and coaches using the same clich I am more sceptical than many others. It's always about money. Happy for people to disagree but the facts are out there despite all the spin.

Quote:
From SEN 18/9/2014 Dayne Beams The cashed up Brisbane Lions are reportedly set to make a large offer to prize premiership star Beams out of Collingwood and up to join his brother Claye at the Lions. The Lions have $1.5 million in their salary cap to spend on players and could potentially consider trading their number 4 pick in this years draft to help assist a trade for Beams.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

Culprit wrote:

Are you serious? What sort of person do you think he is?
Yep I'll use my very sick father as an excuse to extract more money out of my next contract. Jesus someone burnt you big time didn't they to have this attitude.

If he leaves, he leaves. Hope he doesn't but if it was my dad I know what I'd be doing.
mudlark 

call me frank wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I call them the middle-bands -just a fraction above the average intelligence with a grossly incommensura te ego. You're a classic case Culprit.

Fair go Frank!!! You're a bit harsh on the """just a fraction above the average intelligence"" sector there matey!! In fact,I rate Culprick a little below Collie Dog and Defender in the IQ stakes and those 2 have a combined IQ a little less than a football bladder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 18 of 188   

Jump to: