Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut him loose.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm

As much as we might feel we are justified, we can't cut him loose at this point - need to support him until he resolves his future.

Without knowing anything about the situation, you could imagine the potentially tragic outcome if we did.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Sad news. Hope he gets himself right to play a meaningful role for the Pies as soon as possible.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:50 pm

He’s gone for good now. What a bust. Hope we aren’t paying him his full contract.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:58 pm

We coughed a Rd1 (pick 6) for Beams.

Whilst he has been great servant for us, 2010 makes him an immortal, we got dudded big time by the Lions.

The Lions would have known something wasnt right with him.

Stuff it.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:22 pm

A horrible situation which when he conquered pain and extreme excursion on Kokoda I felt he had exorcised the demons

It was obviously a false dawn so to speak—delicate in as much as cutting him may solve $$$$$ but could cause untold set back for a human who has some 40 or 50:(or more) years of life ahead

Dayne play with us not with us For your life get well

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Unfortunate and hope he can get healthy

But it’s a ridiculous bloody caper for Collingwood supposed to be one of the professional clubs to make such an amateurish decision.

The cap pressure (getting a bloke who held us to ransom when he left) is having an impact, beams has always been a midfield forward type of player, never takes responsibility and never chased back.

Come to an agreement and move on whilst ensuring he is supported emotionally and medically.

Collingwood stop making business decisions out of your arse
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:15 pm

The way I presume collingwood judged Beams was based on a coming home to Melbourne for his wifes sake. He no doubt was worth a first round pick which would have been used up in getting Quanor. We got Quanor anyway!! Hiis injury during the year may have put him in the state of mind he is currently in! He is and was a great player even if he was not a great defensively was always worth the trade. Hoping he gets his mojo back, had it payed off last year it was still worth the gamble!!!
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Mossi wrote:
Hoping he gets his mojo back, had it payed off last year it was still worth the gamble!!!

But it didn’t so it wasn’t.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:33 pm

This is just so disappointing in every way. Crying or Very sad
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:36 pm

A players health is more important than his football, and I'm sure all of us wish him well in his struggle overcoming his mental health demons. I bare no illwell towards Dane at all.

However, one really has to question the due diligence and professionalism of our football department in agreeing to forgo 2 first round draft picks for a player, known publicly to have been battling these mental health problems. His recruitment has proved to be an unmitigated disaster.

Not happy Jan. Evil or Very Mad
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:54 pm

At the time of his recruitment and without the benefit of knowing what the club actually did or didn't know about Dayne's mental health state or any possible aggravating factors I can only say I was in favour of the trade.

We'd just lost a Grand Final by 5pts and with Lynch selecting Richmond the opportunity to add an elite player still playing high calibre football seemed like a reasonable decision to make. That we could do this whilst also taking a player for the future in Quaynor with a 1st round selection made it even more appealing.

I guess though the one burning question that left some lingering doubts in my mind was that drama has a way of finding Dayne and one has to query whether he's just unlucky or something in his personality or actions attract it?

Seth 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:10 pm

We gave up way too much in the first place even with a healthy Beams playing week in, week out. Sometimes fairy tales just dont end well. Get well Dayne and that is first and foremost for yourself but this has been an unmitigated disaster for the club that will set us back a few years unfortunately with no early draft picks for a couple of years. Terrible decision in first place and a lack of due diligence on behalf of the club.
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
A players health is more important than his football, and I'm sure all of us wish him well in his struggle overcoming his mental health demons. I bare no illwell towards Dane at all.

However, one really has to question the due diligence and professionalism of our football department in agreeing to forgo 2 first round draft picks for a player, known publicly to have been battling these mental health problems. His recruitment has proved to be an unmitigated disaster.

Agree. Said at the time of the deal. Anything more than a 1st round pick was to dear. And should pass otherwise.

Pretty much burnt 2 first round picks.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:00 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Exactly. We finally got into the Premiership window and shot ourselves in the foot with several very bad trades/deals where we’ve paid way overs for players past their prime. I’m talking Beams, Wells and Mayne. Yes Mayne has been OK but still paying overs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 166 of 188   

Jump to: