Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
With all due respect QM67, I'm not sure it's a good idea for you to share personal messages you sent Dayne in a public forum.

It's certainly not something I would do if he was my friend. But that's your business I guess.

I get were you are coming from Rude but what I shared was a small part of the entire text and text exchange
I wouldn't share anything I thought would hurt harm or embarrass Dayne or his family
The basis of the text I shared was small part of the conversation
It really relates to the thoughts of many on here hoping he has support around him to get better

I understand your thougths Rude and understand they come from a sincere place mate

I can’t get past the idea of having 2km of riverbank?

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:04 pm

dalyc wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
With all due respect QM67, I'm not sure it's a good idea for you to share personal messages you sent Dayne in a public forum.

It's certainly not something I would do if he was my friend. But that's your business I guess.

I get were you are coming from Rude but what I shared was a small part of the entire text and text exchange
I wouldn't share anything I thought would hurt harm or embarrass Dayne or his family
It really relates to the thoughts of many on here hoping he has support around him to get better

I understand your thougths Rude and understand they come from a sincere place mate

I think that I need time out at your place, sounds delightful!

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 am

dalyc wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

75 acres of land on a river in the sunshine coast hinterland has its benefits mate
Funny story when the wife and I were looking to semi retire several years ago we were living on the Gold Coast. I was originally from the sunshine coast and we had kept a holiday unit up there for years.
Our son was nearing the end of school and would be at uni then so we decided on downsizing and relocating. Buy a small unit on the Gold Coast for the son to use and something small for ourselves in the Sunshine Coast
The wife spent hours looking over the internet for houses or units.
I wanted to get like a small 3 bedroom unit. She wanted something a little bigger.
One night she stumbles across 75 acres of land with a old house on it and says why don't we knock the house down and build a dream house. I said what about the idea of downsizing we spoke of for years.
So we compromised we brought 75 acres of land and built a house nearly twice the size of the one we wanted to downsize from
I spend my days now on the ride on mower or slasher keeping it looking half way decent
We built a boat ramp (for a boat we didn't have) in case our son wanted to go fishing with his mates when they come up. We have jet ski's for them too
We built a fire pit and tiered seating into a embankment for cold winters nights in QLD when the temperature hardly gets into single digits
It does have its advantages though
When Dayne & Claye were both at the Lions they brought there dad up for a few days on our property. We fished and sat around drinking a few coldies and telling stupid yarns of years gone by
Was like a mini vacation for them but only a couple hours away from Brisbane
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 am

Some great insight qlder.
Appreciate that a lot of us don't know what Dayne is going through and cannot comment on anyone's personal stress and inner battles with their own demons.

We all wish Dayne well and hope he get's his head right first and foremost. This is much more important than kicking a bit of leather around.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:29 pm
Post subject: Beams AND Quaynor: for two late First Round PicksReply with quote

The typical confusing narrative that we gave entirely 2 first round picks away for Beams is factually wrong. I won't bore people with all of the facts but we acted similarly to North Melbourne (whom traded a 1st rounder for Polec) but still were able to bid on their own NGA player in Taryn Thomas.

That being we secured Beams + Quaynor for the two picks (and pick swap arounds) plus still had enough points to secure W. Kelly so the narrative is incorrect. We used the loophole of bringing in a first round player in Quaynor plus securing Dayne Beams.

That aside everybody can argue the merit in hindsight or future success/fail of Dayne's return to the Magpies, but the deal is more nuanced than the commentariat care to elaborate on plus some here on Nick's fully understand.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:29 pm

I've mentioned this before. Not everyone agrees.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:38 pm

Apart from being wrong, this should be in one of the many other threads it's come up in, not a new thread. (Don't know why this suddenly came up now. I first thought this was a proposal for a new trade in a couple of months. Shocked)
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:07 pm

What?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:31 pm

I still think it’s too much but I’m associate professor of hindsight
CrossPie18 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:31 pm

The great thing now is the draft points system.

I did the maths a while back and recall that what we gave up and what we got back equated to a net number 10 draft pick. Furthermore, we used our points to get discounted players in Quaynor and Will Kelly, so it's probably even better than that in terms of the value generated.

The list management team seems to know what it’s doing.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Google the Dayne beams trade back to collingwood.
At no point will Quaynors name ever be mentioned as part of that trade.
The two events are mutually exclusive. Quaynor is merely a by product or consequence of that trade and nothing more.
What else could it be when both events were around 3 or 4 weeks apart.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:31 pm

If we had not have traded the first round pick, would we have had to use it to get Quaynor?

If the answer is yes, then '88 is kind of right.

If the answer is no, then we paid a very high price when we could have had IQ and Kelly anyway.

Either way the Lions still get 2 first round picks from us. Late first round, but first round.

We should have done better.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Presti35 wrote:
If we had not have traded the first round pick, would we have had to use it to get Quaynor?

If the answer is yes, then '88 is kind of right.

If the answer is no, then we paid a very high price when we could have had IQ and Kelly anyway.

Either way the Lions still get 2 first round picks from us. Late first round, but first round.

We should have done better.

correct!

E 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
The two events are mutually exclusive. Quaynor is merely a by product or consequence of that trade and nothing more.

the fact that we were getting Quaynor was a big factor in our willingness to give up our first round pick. Not rocket science.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:41 pm

E wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

the fact that we were getting Quaynor was a big factor in our willingness to give up our first round pick. Not rocket science.

Of course it was a big factor but what isn’t rocket science is that Quaynor was not part of the trade. We traded picks and Beams only with Brisbane. That is a fact.

It’s like saying that Brisbane traded DeGoey to Collingwood for Beams in the first Beams trade. Of course they didn’t trade us DeGoey. They traded us the pick that allowed us to secure DeGoey ( about a month later )
You can play semantics as much you like but unless you can show me that Quaynor was on Brisbane’s 2018 playing list, then there is no way he could be part of that trade. Quaynor was ultimately a consequence of a shuffle of picks which Collingwood were trying to orchestrate, nothing more, nothing less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 163 of 188   

Jump to: