Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Ok folks time for a reality check.

Firstly I am stunned by the absolute panning some posters are giving Dayne. This is no con job to drive his price up or take a very lucrative offer from another club. This is a young man who lives away from a father who he is extremely close to and finding out that his fathers health is now in a dire place. I challenge anyone on here to not do something similar if they had the chance to be close to a parent who is facing the same situation.
I am disgusted by some of these comments and those who have posted them should really take a deep breathe and realize some things in life are bigger than football.
Let me put the facts together for you all which I have garnered by speaking to some mutual friends last night.
His dad has been sick for some time (all his mates have known that) but no one not even Dayne knew the extent of his illness until very recently.
His father had choosen to keep the gravity of his illness from his kids (and mates)
Recently the diagnosis became a lot worse than he first expected and thus the circumstances changed drastically.
Dayne's mother actually flew to Melbourne to deliver Dayne the news in person and to be there for him.
Now I haven't been able to speak to his dad by phone ( I am planning on going to the gold coast this weekend to see him in person now I have found out more)

Dayne found out the gravity of the situation last week and firstly rang Eddie to tell him. I am told Eddie told him to take some time and get his head together and get back to the club when he has been through everything that has happened. Apparently Dayne rang Eddie within an hour of finding out the news.
Dayne has fulfilled his obligations to the club in attending the Brownlow and has been working with his mother, brother and sister on what they feel is in the best interests of there father and his family (remembering his father has been divorced from his mother for nearly 20yrs)
Dayne is extremely close to his father and it was his father who was a fair country player himself that developed Dayne's love of the game and the basic skills.
Now I've been informed Dayne has been absolutely gutted by the turn of events and is torn between being there for his father and having to make a decision to leave a club who has been great to him since his career began.
Dayne and his family have been weighing up all there options after getting a full understanding of the situation his father is facing and he has been trying to make a decision.
A couple days ago Dayne met Eddie, Pert and Bucks privately (withoutnhis management just with his mother) to update them on the situation.
Eddie has been fantastic to Dayne and his family since Dayne arrived and again has with this new situation. Now this is a kid torn between the love of his father and the love of his club.
I am told his father isn't willing to relocate to Melbourne to continue his treatment as he wants to be close to his mates (plus he would be leaving Claye so it would be trading one son for another) so it has limited the options available to Dayne.
At 10pm last night I spoke to a mutual mate of ours who happens to be the father of one of Dayne's best mates and he said Dayne had been in contact with them and said the club is working on ways to make it easy for him to be able get home weekly or more often if required as a possible solution to Dayne's dilemma.
My understanding is Eddie again has been fantastic and basically told Dayne his father is the most important factor is this and the club would do everything in its capabilities to assist Dayne through this.
Now Dayne and the club are working together to see if they can find a way of Dayne staying in Melbourne and being a magpie but also him being able to spend time with his father who currently isn't sure of how much time he has left.
Tough choices need to be made from both sides of the fence. I can understand the club wanting to be fairly compensated for a elite player that's the business they are in and rightly so. I can also very much understand Dayne's side as well knowing him and his family for nearly 20yrs it's a absolute shocking situation for them to be in.
Everyone can debate what is a fair compensation for Dayne IF he leaves (and this is far from decided yet give Eddie a chance to work his magic here folks. If there is one thing our president can do is work magic) before we start making outlandish statements about a player who has given a lot to the club in his time here.
If anyone out there is stupid enough to believe this is a decision about $$ then they are so far removed from the facts it's unbelievable. If this was a financial decision Dayne could have lined his pockets at the end of 2012 and taken a lot more $$ gone to the Suns then but he decided to stay with the club on less (and I'm told it was a lot less as well over $100-$150k a season) so its not the money guys. He knows full well if he stayed at collingwood he would be rewarded financially as well.
Going forward lets all take a deep breathe and let Dayne and the club try to sort through this situation.

Thank you for posting that. Wow, some disgraceful posters on here ought to be utterly embarrassed and ashamed of themselves but I don't expect any admissions of guilt. You know who you are.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:27 am

Thanks I was hoping to hear from you, I thought it sounded like this. Now lets hope that everyone can work together to get the best outcome for Dayne and his family!
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:33 am

Scribe wrote:
Dangerfield wants to win a premiership, he's not coming to Collingwood.

Yeah, well we'll get Mitch Clark. Razz

We are not a footy team but a rehab ward. Rolling Eyes

PieGal4eva 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:36 am

Thank you so much for posting QldMagpies. Very sad circumstances. I really hope we do everything in our power to help him.

Seems like his Mother and sister are moving back to Qld:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwoods-beams-in-bid-to-go-home-20140924-10lkmt.html
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Not much sympathy here for his poor ill dad, what if he has a very serious illness you bunch of "perceptive fellow" twats. ?? How the hell would you feel If It was your dad, show some compassion you pricks. I hope he stays, but family and blood come first, we can bleed Brisbane dry for him anyway.

Well said Piesnchess. Footy is just a game after all. And I'm pretty much over it now.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:41 am

Big T wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Firstly I am stunned by the absolute panning some posters are giving Dayne. This is no con job to drive his price up or take a very lucrative offer from another club. This is a young man who lives away from a father who he is extremely close to and finding out that his fathers health is now in a dire place. I challenge anyone on here to not do something similar if they had the chance to be close to a parent who is facing the same situation.
I am disgusted by some of these comments and those who have posted them should really take a deep breathe and realize some things in life are bigger than football.
Let me put the facts together for you all which I have garnered by speaking to some mutual friends last night.
His dad has been sick for some time (all his mates have known that) but no one not even Dayne knew the extent of his illness until very recently.
His father had choosen to keep the gravity of his illness from his kids (and mates)
Recently the diagnosis became a lot worse than he first expected and thus the circumstances changed drastically.
Dayne's mother actually flew to Melbourne to deliver Dayne the news in person and to be there for him.
Now I haven't been able to speak to his dad by phone ( I am planning on going to the gold coast this weekend to see him in person now I have found out more)

Dayne found out the gravity of the situation last week and firstly rang Eddie to tell him. I am told Eddie told him to take some time and get his head together and get back to the club when he has been through everything that has happened. Apparently Dayne rang Eddie within an hour of finding out the news.
Dayne has fulfilled his obligations to the club in attending the Brownlow and has been working with his mother, brother and sister on what they feel is in the best interests of there father and his family (remembering his father has been divorced from his mother for nearly 20yrs)
Dayne is extremely close to his father and it was his father who was a fair country player himself that developed Dayne's love of the game and the basic skills.
Now I've been informed Dayne has been absolutely gutted by the turn of events and is torn between being there for his father and having to make a decision to leave a club who has been great to him since his career began.
Dayne and his family have been weighing up all there options after getting a full understanding of the situation his father is facing and he has been trying to make a decision.
A couple days ago Dayne met Eddie, Pert and Bucks privately (withoutnhis management just with his mother) to update them on the situation.
Eddie has been fantastic to Dayne and his family since Dayne arrived and again has with this new situation. Now this is a kid torn between the love of his father and the love of his club.
I am told his father isn't willing to relocate to Melbourne to continue his treatment as he wants to be close to his mates (plus he would be leaving Claye so it would be trading one son for another) so it has limited the options available to Dayne.
At 10pm last night I spoke to a mutual mate of ours who happens to be the father of one of Dayne's best mates and he said Dayne had been in contact with them and said the club is working on ways to make it easy for him to be able get home weekly or more often if required as a possible solution to Dayne's dilemma.
My understanding is Eddie again has been fantastic and basically told Dayne his father is the most important factor is this and the club would do everything in its capabilities to assist Dayne through this.
Now Dayne and the club are working together to see if they can find a way of Dayne staying in Melbourne and being a magpie but also him being able to spend time with his father who currently isn't sure of how much time he has left.
Tough choices need to be made from both sides of the fence. I can understand the club wanting to be fairly compensated for a elite player that's the business they are in and rightly so. I can also very much understand Dayne's side as well knowing him and his family for nearly 20yrs it's a absolute shocking situation for them to be in.
Everyone can debate what is a fair compensation for Dayne IF he leaves (and this is far from decided yet give Eddie a chance to work his magic here folks. If there is one thing our president can do is work magic) before we start making outlandish statements about a player who has given a lot to the club in his time here.
If anyone out there is stupid enough to believe this is a decision about $$ then they are so far removed from the facts it's unbelievable. If this was a financial decision Dayne could have lined his pockets at the end of 2012 and taken a lot more $$ gone to the Suns then but he decided to stay with the club on less (and I'm told it was a lot less as well over $100-$150k a season) so its not the money guys. He knows full well if he stayed at collingwood he would be rewarded financially as well.
Going forward lets all take a deep breathe and let Dayne and the club try to sort through this situation.

+1 Top class reply. I don't think anyone else needs to question Dayne's motives now. My wife has terminal cancer. It is never ending pain for everyone. Dayne should move home.

Very well said. Some things are more important than football. I would be extremely disappointed if the club stood in Beamer's way. Just cut the best deal possible and move on.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:47 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Thanks mate, class post.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:52 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
David King on AFL 360 said that if Beams goes, there goes Buck's premiership plans for the next 3-4 years.

We are not realistically in the premiership frame in the next 10 years let alone 3 or 4. Just look at all the teams queuing up. And even Hawthorn looks like trading heavily to keep their momentum. Sadly in 2010 we lucked into a flag and then thought we were masters of the universe. If you don't improve all the time in this game you can't win. The youngest premiership team in years in 2010 and now not many of them left. Go figure.

But please don't blame Dayne Beams. Somethings are more important than footy.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 am

thanks for the update qldmagpie67. much appreciated.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:06 am

collie dog wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
David King on AFL 360 said that if Beams goes, there goes Buck's premiership plans for the next 3-4 years.

We are not realistically in the premiership frame in the next 10 years let alone 3 or 4. Just look at all the teams queuing up. And even Hawthorn looks like trading heavily to keep their momentum. Sadly in 2010 we lucked into a flag and then thought we were masters of the universe. If you don't improve all the time in this game you can't win. The youngest premiership team in years in 2010 and now not many of them left. Go figure.

But please don't blame Dayne Beams. Somethings are more important than footy.

10 years is a LONG time in football, I think realistically it's more like 5+ but a few things are fairly certain - we're going to be bottom feeders for a while to come, and it's now very unlikely that Bucks will still be at the helm once we aren't. Unless by some miracle we can turn it around quickly (which I now think is just about impossible), it might be prudent to trade (while it's still worth something) some of our collateral out over the next year or two for a real and long term rebuild. Painful for us supporters but unless we want to be bottom feeders for the next 10 years, it may be one of the few options we have.

PS: Good luck to Beams, I wish him and his family all the best for the future.

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:08 am

Well said qldmagpie67

Some people on this forum are sick in the head and need help.

Family comes before everything at this time. Even a football Club.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:23 am

thank you so very much qldmagpies67.

I've been totally disgusted by some of the comments on here and absolutely ashamed of the way Nick's has changed over the past few years.

I wish Dayne and his family all the very best. In my opinion, family comes first, there is no substitute and I applaud Dayne in how he has handled his family problems and his football career to date, but now it seems that the situation has become worse, we MUST do everything we can to assist Dayne in any way possible.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:33 am

Culprit wrote:
Fckn Family reason my fat *rse. It's the standard bulltish excuse run by player managers.

You total F*&$%&ing prick. What the F&**$k would you know about family issues you wanker. Piss off.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 am

Thank you qldmagpies67 for clarifying this situation; we were all hoping you could throw some light on this and you have. Let's hope we can assist Dayne but not lose him.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 am

Proud Pies wrote:
thank you so very much qldmagpies67.

I've been totally disgusted by some of the comments on here and absolutely ashamed of the way Nick's has changed over the past few years.

I wish Dayne and his family all the very best. In my opinion, family comes first, there is no substitute and I applaud Dayne in how he has handled his family problems and his football career to date, but now it seems that the situation has become worse, we MUST do everything we can to assist Dayne in any way possible.

Well said Jacquie.

And if it means we lose Beams because of it, I will wish him only good things and thank him heartfeltly for the memories.

Good luck to his father fighting this bloody cruel disease.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 17 of 188   

Jump to: