Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Still dead to me.

If he kicks the winning goal for us in the 2019 GF, I might reconsider.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
E 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:35 am

i think its hard for fans to understand that players sometimes make lifestyle decisions that are not necessarily all football related.

The guy went home to be with his sick dad and gave great service to the Lions. For lifestyle reasons he wanted to move back to Melbourne and is back giving great service to his original club.

Arguably, he is just the true professional trying to have a football career and live the life that he wants to live. Regular people move jobs if life dictates they need to be in different geographic locations. I think the fact that he was able to slot in at the pies so seamlessly shows that despite what we and the media think, he handled his exit in a very professional way. if he had truly burnt his bridge, i don't think the pies would have had him back. The players would have seen to that.

Not all players have the luxury of being able to dictate where he works, but he is so damn good at what he does it affords him the ability to call the shots a little. But even if you are uneasy with that concept, you cant question the commitment he gives the clubs that he represents. A total professional!

To me, that is the beginning the middle and the end of the discussion on Dayne Beams.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:35 am

i hate carlton wrote:
Still dead to me.

People leave clubs for a myriad of reasons. I was devastated when Tuddenham left us. Even more so when Billy Picken left. I just felt sad when Thommo left us. I wasn't happy when Peter Moore left us and I wonder in hindsight whether he wishes that he hadn't. I was filthy on Phil Walsh when he left us after his first season to accept more money at Richmond.

In my mind, Beams departure wasn't in the same category of any of those departures.He was very young when he commenced playing for us and was still young when he left to be close to his dad, who was suffering from cancer. By doing so he left a successful club and sacrificed his career by going to a club that had no real prospect of success. His dad passed away and he wanted to come back. Not just to any club, but to play with us. As I understand it Sidey wanted him back and did a lot to ensure that the deal was done. If Sidey was prepared to do that then that's good enough for me.

Beams isn't the player he was when he left us. He is far more experienced and in short, he is an A grader. You don't pick guys like that up too often. We did well when we traded him out and it cost bugger all to get him back.

I am ecstatic that we have him back. I am hopeful that on Saturday night he can show the doubters why we should be so glad to have him.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:56 am

I was another who was extremely disappointed and annoyed when he left but he's back now and appears to have slot back into the side like he never left. His return makes lighter work for the likes of sidebottom and pendlebury who we can't keep relying on to win games for us. He's an A-grade midfielder with fantastic skills and can hit the scoreboard. We'll see his worth come finals time (providing we make the finals of course).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:00 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:
Still dead to me.

People leave clubs for a myriad of reasons. I was devastated when Tuddenham left us. Even more so when Billy Picken left. I just felt sad when Thommo left us. I wasn't happy when Peter Moore left us and I wonder in hindsight whether he wishes that he hadn't. I was filthy on Phil Walsh when he left us after his first season to accept more money at Richmond.

In my mind, Beams departure wasn't in the same category of any of those departures.He was very young when he commenced playing for us and was still young when he left to be close to his dad, who was suffering from cancer. By doing so he left a successful club and sacrificed his career by going to a club that had no real prospect of success. His dad passed away and he wanted to come back. Not just to any club, but to play with us. As I understand it Sidey wanted him back and did a lot to ensure that the deal was done. If Sidey was prepared to do that then that's good enough for me.

Beams isn't the player he was when he left us. He is far more experienced and in short, he is an A grader. You don't pick guys like that up too often. We did well when we traded him out and it cost bugger all to get him back.

I am ecstatic that we have him back. I am hopeful that on Saturday night he can show the doubters why we should be so glad to have him.

I admit I had my doubts as to his reasons, but he obviously was sincere, and there are more important things than footy. Not many in my book, but this was one. The only one I will never ever ever ever forgive is Nick David, he’s right up there on my scumpire radar.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:07 am

he's a rolling stone - grass is greener, itchy feet type - doesn't mean he's not a loyal customer or dedicated to the task at hand. Glad to have him back and expect he will end his career with us.

That said, if he had a twin that was stable and a one club player I know which one I'd be taking.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:02 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

His body has been pretty banged up, unfortunately. No wonder they say he's fitted right in.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:03 am

Back and white: Beams, Magpies grow together

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/back-and-white-beams-magpies-grow-together-20190405-p51b8l.html
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 am

If that article fails to warm you, nothing will.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:43 am

It failed to warm me. Then again, nothing would. I’m sure he’s a great bloke and all that. I’ve just never thought he was much of a footballer.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:41 pm
Post subject: Dayne BeamsReply with quote

Dayne Beams is taking indefinite leave from football:

Beams steps away from footy

Liam Twomey
Dayne Beams is taking an indefinite break from football to focus on his mental health.

The Collingwood premiership player intends to return to the game but not until he is on top of his heath battles.

“I have been on the record in the past about the battles I have fought. Right now, I need to step away and regather myself,” Beams said.

“I hope people will understand that this is something I need to do for myself and, importantly, my family. Our wellbeing is the highest priority."

Beams returned to the Magpies in the off-season after four years with Brisbane

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:46 pm

First and foremost I hope Dayne can take the time he needs to get his mental health right as soon as possible and once the body is mended he’s in top shape to get back to kicking a footy.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Must be struggling big time. Wouldn’t be surprised if he retires at season’s end.

Get well, sir.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Hope you get all the right help Beamsy and get to enjoy your life again. If that includes playing football for Collingwood, then it will be a plus for us, but regardless, your priorities are the right ones.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:43 pm

I can only add to what’s been said by others for Dayne to take all the time he need,s

Footy is the now—-your health and well-being are forever

I join all Collingwood family to wish you well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 156 of 188   

Jump to: