Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't good news at all - but...

how excited exactly would Hine be at the moment?

He's about to turn a 27 year old ex-rookie into a mid 20s pick, and a mid 20s pick into one or two top ten picks.

People (i'm being generous) carp on about the 'talent bleed' - take stock of what the talent cost to get to the club and what we got when they left...

Wellingham - profit
Dawes - profit
Harry will be a profit
Beams huge profit
Daisy a loss in draft pick terms - free agency blows
Shaw a profit as he was taken F/S with a second rounder.

Daisy is the only guy we've lost who was taken with a high draft pick - we have added many with high draft picks. Without going near the bottom of the ladder.

A club which is able to constantly improve its drafting position through trades by adding value to players can only be moving in one direction talentwise - forwards.

P.S. I love how having 7-10 of our best 22 out injured isn't an excuse for performing badly, but the loss of one player, factoring in the recompense for this loss, sets us back three years. Lol.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Maybe we can feast on some ex-ESS players???

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
Free agent at end of 2016

Pretty sure he's a restricted free agent next season isn't he?

Isn't it after 7 years?

Beams was drafted in 2008.

It's 8 years.

Beams would not be eligible for Free Agency with us until coming out of contract in or after 2016...
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

He's about to turn a 27 year old ex-rookie into a mid 20s pick, and a mid 20s pick into one or two top ten picks.

People (i'm being generous) carp on about the 'talent bleed' - take stock of what the talent cost to get to the club and what we got when they left...

Wellingham - profit
Dawes - profit
Harry will be a profit
Beams huge profit

Daisy is the only guy we've lost who was taken with a high draft pick - we have added many with high draft picks. Without going near the bottom of the ladder.

A club which is able to constantly improve its drafting position through trades by adding value to players can only be moving in one direction talentwise - forwards.

P.S. I love how having 7-10 of our best 22 out injured isn't an excuse for performing badly, but the loss of one player, factoring in the recompense for this loss, sets us back three years. Lol.

I'd say Hine would be quite bitterly disappointed. Beamer was probably the best draft pick he has ever pulled off. He just about came in his pants when he was still available in the 2nd round. I'd imagine he would be pretty sad to see a legitimate potential future brownlow winner leave the club, regardless of whatever we are compensated.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Disappointed to say the least. Our flag Window is half a decade away now. Hard to believe after 2010/11 how we've become a laughing stock. Our 2nd half of 2014 was uncompetitive even with Beams in the side.

But we must make the most of it. Key forward. Key Forward.

Can we swing a deal to get Cameron or Boyd or Patton(with picks)?

Otherwise get two first round picks and use em in the draft. Let's build properly. No short cuts.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Absolutely, talent wise he's a big loss. But as a rather slow, rather short and more inside than outside player he's not a type that we are absolutely desperate for. We can use the deal to bring some of those in.

Oh ffs INK I know you've never liked him but this is getting beyond a joke now.

Finishing with 16 Brownlow votes the same as Pendlebury this season was no fluke.

Beams is our second best player IMO, will most likely finish top 2 to 3 in the Copeland and at 186cm is one of biggest midfielders.

He's also our best clearance player and highest goal kicker amongst the midfielders.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/2014.html

They guy is A grade all the way and an absolute elite talent of the competition.

Only Dangerfield would be a suitable replacement.

I completely agree that he's our second best player. He's a big loss and if he leaves it's a failure by the club. All I was saying above is that if he's leaving we have the chance to rebalance our midfield with a different type of player. Concede on the height by the way, you can tell he's not a favourite when I don't even know how tall he is Very Happy.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 pm

It sounds like the club is desperate to hold onto Beams,if you can believe the public statements from Eade and Pert.In reality,they don't have to trade him if they don't get a decent offer for him.He's still got another year to go on his contract,and he's not a free agent for two more years,so the club holds the whip hand in this situation.

They could still talk him into staying,if they accommodate his needs.It's happened before at other clubs.O'Keefe wanted to leave Sydney years ago and stayed on,and the same happened with Martin at Richmond last year.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

Wellingham - profit
Dawes - profit
Harry will be a profit
Beams huge profit

Look, I absolutely agree with you in principle, but you need to get more detailed than that to get a real analysis.

Practically, every "profit" as you put it could be at least partially offset by the draft picks and/or trades that didn't work. You'd need to do a version of a profit/loss scenario, looking at each draft pick and trade with an objective measure of positive or negative.

Overall I'd rate us in the positive, but that's subjective.

Az 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:04 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

If that out-clause in their contracts is for real, I would definitely be making a hard play for Heppell. Throw some decent money at him and see if he bites. Of course, pending the outcome of their bans. Only he and Danger can I see making up for what Beamer takes away, and even then Beams has scored as many goals as both of those players combined this season.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Can Aish even be a part of any deal?

I thought players within there initial two seasons on a senior list couldn't be traded?

Am I wrong?

Doc63 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:08 pm

I'm stunned. I was expecting an announcement in the next few weeks that he had signed a long term contract to stay - now this happens.

Dont really know what to think Surely, family reasons are only part of the issue. I'm sure we could accommodate his needs to see his dad on a regular basis, that type of thing is organised for indigenous players all the time these days. There is probably more to it - there usually is.

Cant see us climbing too far up the ladder next year, unless we can somehow land Dangerfield with the pick we get for Beams. Things appear to be going pear shaped all over the place at the moment.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:09 pm

You know Aish is from Adelaide?
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Az wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

If that out-clause in their contracts is for real, I would definitely be making a hard play for Heppell. Throw some decent money at him and see if he bites. Of course, pending the outcome of their bans. Only he and Danger can I see making up for what Beamer takes away, and even then Beams has scored as many goals as both of those players combined this season.

Agree, I'm a huge Heppell fan. He is there play-maker and best player IMO let's make him ours.

Need a positive out of all this. I haven't felt this bad since Leon leaving. I really thought Beamsy would be our next captain.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Culprit wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Culprit, I'd pay to see a video of you making a wanker comment like that to Beams. "Nah mate, we know it's not about your sick dad, you just want more money".

How about we wait and see what HE has to say rather than take your tinfoil anti Buckley bullshit as gospel?

I'm so sick and tired of all the Buckley hating wankers on this forum. Every thread has to turn into the same tired, moaning bullshit about Buckley when none of you have any great insight beyond your own terminally pessimistic sloppy shit brained rubbish.

I'll take them at face value until some kind of evidence says otherwise. As it stands Beams wants to spend time with and look after his dad who has had (or has) CANCER. Who the **** are any of you to tell him that's not worth changing FOOTBALL CLUBS over?

Arsehole.
Wokko I am sick to death of players leaving and stating "family reasons". Especially when they can get home in under 3 hours. Wake up Arsehole.

Pull your head in mate - the story of his Dads grave ilness has been around for a long time. So why are you surprised - compassion in a family is a reality , but I can't speak for your circumstances.
So give Beams a break.

Last edited by ThePieMind on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Was as pleased as I've been any with his selection when we drafted him just off his highlights, smooth, perfect hands and appeared to have composure in spades.......

Always did seem aloof though...and now I see why, Collingwood just doesn't matter to him LIKE IT SHOULD!

On ya bike....

Hardball, you wanna bail on us...you become just another asset, and its a sellers market.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 14 of 188   

Jump to: