Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^No.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 pm

slangman wrote:
Not good!!!!!

A-graders like Beams don't grow on trees. This will be a MASSIVE loss.
Yeah top 5 pick is great, but then you have to wait 3-5 years before they hit peak form (if they get on the park at all).

Maybe take pick 4 then give it to Adelaide for Dangerfield.
At least that would ease the loss

Don't want Dangerfield. He can play but his character is selfish - ask Sando!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Az wrote:
I'm with the Gold Coast crowd on this one. Although they will probably play hardball, I would want O'Meara and their first rounder for Beams. They don't need either when they have Bennell, Swallow, Prestia, Gaz and Beams in the middle. Suits us as O'Meara should be coming good in our supposed flag window, although Beams was going to be a huge part of that happening.

If it's the Brions we only get to deal with, Aish and their first rounder.

We don't have a flag window presently....

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Give us Bennell or go home. Exactly the type of player we need.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:52 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I'm actually more excited than disappointed. A quiet trade period just got noisy.

it puts us right in the box seat. that we could feasibly get pick 4 and pick 8 makes my head a little giddy. how much does this change the landscape and plans for moore?

TK Leo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Culprit wrote:
Fckn Family reason my fat *rse. It's the standard bulltish excuse run by player managers.

Shocking and Terrible Post

The Old man has just battled Cancer and you write that sh*t. Some of the posters on here must live with Caroline Wilson as they have no Soul.

Last edited by TK on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

Devastating news,i'm in absolute shock over this.If he leaves,then this will set the club back for years.We can forget about a premiership in the next few years,even if it was unlikely anyway.
jackcass Cancer

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Disappointed but not the end of the world. Up there with Moore, Tuddy, Williams, McGuane, and McKenna leaving. Sad he can't get his father to move south but understand his motives.

Has huge currency though and you'd think pick 4 or 7 would be the starting point. That in itself further complicates the bidding process for Moore as 2 other clubs need to keep their powder dry to be in the running for Beams.

do you think that if the club was to land pick 4 for beams that it could throw this and the kitchen sink at another club for a ready made superstar? what value would pick 4 have for the club right now?

Would depend on the steak knives player we'd get as well. The loss of 2 senior players in Lumumba and Beams given the depleted list of experienced player means we'd probably be better off going to the draft. Free agency pretty thin this year, Higgins probably the only guy available who'd offset those losses. Load up on top end draft picks again this year and save the cap space till next season.

Could retain Beams but I'm always worried about retaining guys who don't want to be at the club.
4everpies 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 pm

John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I'm actually more excited than disappointed. A quiet trade period just got noisy.

it puts us right in the box seat. that we could feasibly get pick 4 and pick 8 makes my head a little giddy. how much does this change the landscape and plans for moore?

Yes that's my question. If we got pick 4 (and then only 3 other teams could bid for Moore), then there's more chance of getting him with a second rounder.

However, the father son bidding meeting is before trade period starts, so how does that work?
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:57 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Well well, why am I not surprised. Rolling Eyes
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:59 pm

4everpies wrote:
John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Yes that's my question. If we got pick 4 (and then only 3 other teams could bid for Moore), then there's more chance of getting him with a second rounder.

However, the father son bidding meeting is before trade period starts, so how does that work?

Well, Brisbane and Gold Coast would obviously not bid. They'd need to keep their picks in case they're needed for a trade.

Don't think it helps us much though, Carlton and the Bulldogs will be willing to bid. It would be too good to be true for us to end up with Brisbane's pick 4, our pick 8 and Moore with a second rounder. Just can't see it happening.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Given the circumstances can understand his desire to go home.

Realistically do we want to keep him if his heart is not going to be in it?

As much as I hate to say it, let's play hard ball. Assuming it is Brisbane then pick 4 plus aish or another top 10 pick.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:01 pm

4everpies wrote:
John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Still only our 1st round pick that relevant. Does get another of the 1-7 clubs out of the running.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 pm

David King on AFL 360 said that if Beams goes, there goes Buck's premiership plans for the next 3-4 years.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 pm

At 24 and in his prime it would be an outrage if we only got pick 4 from Brisbane. While sympathetic to Beams' family issues the club must play hard ball. If Brisbane want him that badly then make them cough up pick 4 and a decent young player, maybe Aish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 10 of 188   

Jump to: