Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrPopper 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
Has Bucks torn the team fabric apart?

Yep ...

Ripped into little pieces might be a better way of putting it

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:37 pm

We.are.stuffed!

He's very popular with the players is Nathan Buckley. Rolling Eyes

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:38 pm

@RalphyHeraldSun · 3m
Dayne Beams wants to go home to be closer to his old man. The Pies will play hard ball. He is worth two first round picks

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:38 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
To be honest, this looks like another failure for the club.

Though I think it's one we can work to our advantage by trading Beams for a player that better fills our needs. Beams is a very good player but far from irreplaceable.

Caro has called it on FC a couple of months ago and surprise surprise her reasons had nothing to do with his Dad's health.

And I'm not sure that someone fills or need more than a second best player at the club that is already very skinny on a top line talent.
Unless it's Danger of course.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Beast wrote:
Defender wrote:
Brisbane will have to hand over their first rounder at the bare minimum, I'd want a decent player as well.

I'm sure we'll get a top 5 pick and an up and coming player.

Beams has the potential to become a top 5 player in the league.

Multiple players for 1 player almost always work out in the favour of the multiple. Just think Judd for Kennedy, pick 3 and whatever.

Beams will probably never have more value than right now. It's the perfect time to trade him.

I'm not saying it's good. This is definitely a failure for the club and puts Buckley on even more severe notice. In the long run though there's no reason why it can't work out if we deal smartly. I'm just hoping Beams is happy to go to either the Suns or the Lions. We need him to do a Judd and turn this into a bidding war.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Disappointed but not the end of the world. Up there with Moore, Tuddy, Williams, McGuane, and McKenna leaving. Sad he can't get his father to move south but understand his motives.

Has huge currency though and you'd think pick 4 or 7 would be the starting point. That in itself further complicates the bidding process for Moore as 2 other clubs need to keep their powder dry to be in the running for Beams.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:42 pm

^^Absolutely, talent wise he's a big loss. But as a rather slow, rather short and more inside than outside player he's not a type that we are absolutely desperate for. We can use the deal to bring some of those in.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 pm

mandy wrote:
I read his Dad has cancer? If so, that's certainly a legitimate reason for him wanting to go home and I accept that. I'd love him to stay, but he did help us win a premiership and is neither a self-involved wanker (hi Harry) or a lying smart arse with Daddy issues (hi Dale) so will always have my respect.

We should though expect nothing less than a first round pick and a decent player for him.

Robbo just referred to that on AFL360, said he was quite crook. Dane apparently mentioned recently his dad had beat it, but.................

And to the fuctards leaping on every opportunity to blame Buckley for everything, seriously, Grow the **** up. Rolling Eyes

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:45 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Sorry, but I now really hate Buckley as our coach.

It might not be his fault, but he has overseen the period where all of the joy associated with 2010 has all just vanished.

I have no excitement about Collingwood, and I can't remember ever feeling this way before.

This has nothing to do with Buckley. Brisbane have been boasting about the excess money they have in their salary cap and have been threatening to poach a player from one of the big clubs. Beams was a logical player for Brisbane to target. If we remain cool headed here, we have a good opportunity to score a high first hand draft pick and a player.

I said that. But he's in charge during this last few years where everything has gone pear shaped. Everything.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:45 pm

If he wants out, I say let him go now.....for the right price.....a top 5 pick plus a gun player.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:46 pm

jackcass wrote:
Disappointed but not the end of the world. Up there with Moore, Tuddy, Williams, McGuane, and McKenna leaving. Sad he can't get his father to move south but understand his motives.

Has huge currency though and you'd think pick 4 or 7 would be the starting point. That in itself further complicates the bidding process for Moore as 2 other clubs need to keep their powder dry to be in the running for Beams.

do you think that if the club was to land pick 4 for beams that it could throw this and the kitchen sink at another club for a ready made superstar? what value would pick 4 have for the club right now?

Az 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:46 pm

I'm with the Gold Coast crowd on this one. Although they will probably play hardball, I would want O'Meara and their first rounder for Beams. They don't need either when they have Bennell, Swallow, Prestia, Gaz and Beams in the middle. Suits us as O'Meara should be coming good in our supposed flag window, although Beams was going to be a huge part of that happening.

If it's the Brions we only get to deal with, Aish and their first rounder.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Az wrote:
I'm with the Gold Coast crowd on this one. Although they will probably play hardball, I would want O'Meara and their first rounder for Beams. They don't need either when they have Bennell, Swallow, Prestia, Gaz and Beams in the middle. Suits us as O'Meara should be coming good in our supposed flag window, although Beams was going to be a huge part of that happening.

If it's the Brions we only get to deal with, Aish and their first rounder.

a little fanciful that the lions would give up their first rounder and aish for beams alone.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm actually more excited than disappointed. A quiet trade period just got noisy.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Zorko anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 9 of 188   

Jump to: