Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

7 Re-Signings

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair to say I wont be happy at all if we discard McLarty and especially so if it's due to list balance after signing two Irish talls.

Much rather show some loyalty to an Australian kid who grew up loving and playing the game than an Irish import who if recent history within the AFL is any guide is likely to get homesick and leave after a season or two.

Sier is the perfect example of retaining faith in players and I'd strongly argue McLarty has displayed better form across his first two seasons than Sier did.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:08 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
E wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Can't believe Broomhead wasn't delisted and let go!!! Where would he play and who, in the best 22 ,would he play in place of?? Who in the best 30 for that matter.

Pies look after there own. Even if you are right, gifting him a rookie spot is hardly going to kill us.

And, of course, he was starting 22 for us - that’s how he came to break his leg. I’m not sold on him (he still seems too slight to me) but the Club plainly think he has enough talent to be a starter.

Was starting 22 because we had more than half our starting 22 out injured. While he was running around in the 1's,,Sier was kicking dew off the grass.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:30 am

mudlark wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
E wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Can't believe Broomhead wasn't delisted and let go!!! Where would he play and who, in the best 22 ,would he play in place of?? Who in the best 30 for that matter.

Pies look after there own. Even if you are right, gifting him a rookie spot is hardly going to kill us.

And, of course, he was starting 22 for us - that’s how he came to break his leg. I’m not sold on him (he still seems too slight to me) but the Club plainly think he has enough talent to be a starter.

Was starting 22 because we had more than half our starting 22 out injured. While he was running around in the 1's,,Sier was kicking dew off the grass.

Yes, whatever - but the last time he was available, Broomhead was picked in the seniors and got injured early in that game, before he had a touch. It was his only appearance for the season, so it's difficult to evaluate his form-line.

If he was good enough to start last time he played and has been out of action because of a serious injury since, I see no problem guaranteeing him a rookie spot.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 am

For some perspective Broomhead was taken in the same draft as Grundy.

This year was a break.

Next year must be a make.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am

P. Ryan: "For those Collingwood fans wondering what is happening with Josh Daicos after his name wasn't among the seven Magpie re-signings announced yesterday, we can assure you there is no need to worry.

Daicos ... will be in Collingwood colours in 2019 after agreeing to re-sign with the club

The terms and conditions are still being finalised but Daicos ... will remain at the Magpies."
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:39 pm

K wrote:
P. Ryan: "For those Collingwood fans wondering what is happening with Josh Daicos after his name wasn't among the seven Magpie re-signings announced yesterday, we can assure you there is no need to worry.

Daicos ... will be in Collingwood colours in 2019 after agreeing to re-sign with the club

The terms and conditions are still being finalised but Daicos ... will remain at the Magpies."

Excellent news and it will please everyone on here, I suspect.
He’s a blank canvas right now but there is plenty paint on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: