Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you watched the GF replay yet? Why and why not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you watched the GF replay yet?
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
I haven't yet but I will
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
I haven't yet and I won't
57%
 57%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 101

mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this clip. It was brilliantly done. What a contest. I feel better after watching it, though I shed a few tears for the boys as the emotion is very raw - recommend not watching with others who don't share the same pain.

As much as it hurts I'd give it all to get another crack this season.

Go Pies.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:35 pm

K wrote:
Here it is:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-04-04/exclusive-amazing-inside-access-with-buckley-and-simpson-in-the-gf

Wiring up the coaches in a GF is too invasive for my liking. I guess the AFL gave them no choice.

Bucks spoke about it a bit with Gerard Whatley a couple of weeks back. I'm pretty sure they got the choice but it was heavily pushed, although I think Bucks said he was always keen for it to take place (he liked the historical element of having the clips).

He also said they had a say in what got cut and what stayed in, I can't remember exactly, but he specifically asked for something to be removed. I think it was the coaches referencing a specific player and incident and it was really out of context/cast the player in an unfair light.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Finally watched it for the first time, albeit with no sound on to make it clinical. What stood out:
The treatment of Grundy particularly in the first half. OMG their rucks were able to take their eyes off the ball at centre bounces, run into him to impede his run, countless times. Two or three blatant pushes in the back by Vardy, unpaid.
We lost it in the second quarter when they were able to get us to change from uncontested footy to contested. They were allowed to smash us with impunity in contests which suited their larger bodies.
We did quite a few dumb things in the last five minutes but seriously they had like 40 to 20 inside 50s in the second half, they just converted poorly.
This game should be titled "Eagles nearly lose the unloseable."
In the first and last quarters them missing gettable goals flattered us. We still nearly pinched it, and the Maynard thing was relatively minor compared to lots of other things let go. We were lucky to get as close as we did. The umpires overall for both teams, I would rate a 5. Poor.

Also
Darling had a shocker, getting kicks at half back when you are playing half forward means your opponent is beating you. Don't know why people said he redeemed himself.
Sidey also didn't play that badly, ppl just make stuff up.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 am

Yeah watched it live tonight. Only we didn’t get to a 5 goal lead (could have possibly if were didn’t stuff up 2 certain goals.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:48 am

Cam wrote:
Finally watched it for the first time, albeit with no sound on to make it clinical. ...

Yes, I was going to suggest that turning the volume down dampens the emotions. If you can switch the colour settings to black and white, that should also help. But why take all those measures when you don't have to watch it at all? The last player I saw asked about this said he hadn't watched it. (I hope that just means they haven't sat and viewed the whole game like a movie. They really need to have reviewed it.)
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:23 am

Yep I watched it last night. Bigger losing margin, but almost the same game.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:51 am

Don Sheed is playing the footy version of 8 ball against us, picking different pockets to finish off the game.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:12 pm

Mmmm....
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:43 pm

'I did get blocked': Magpie Brayden Maynard can't escape the grand final free that wasn't paid

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/grand-final-block-still-follows-maynard-around-20190424-p51gua.html
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Interesting timing by the Age to bring that up on the eve on the biggest H&A game, don't you think?
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:12 pm

Nah. And Bruzzie wasn't forced to say anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: