Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you watched the GF replay yet? Why and why not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you watched the GF replay yet?
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
I haven't yet but I will
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
I haven't yet and I won't
57%
 57%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 101

Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it recorded and I do intend to watch it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Everyone says it was an amazing game, but I wasn't able to appreciate that at the time. I would like to watch it again to appreciate it as a game of footy, although I have some trepidation that I'll see every 'what-if' moment and wonder what could have been.

I've never watched 2011 again, not that I've ever really had the opportunity. I don't actually remember a lot about that game, aside from some big moments from Travis Cloke at the start and Ben Reid hobbling around towards the end.

I've never re-watched the 2010 draw either, but recorded it in the lead-up to this year's grannie. I watched the first 15 minutes at the time, and I think I'll give that one a full watch some time soon.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nope. I don't watch replays of grand final losses.

I have the DVD of the 2010 GF draw, still in the plastic wrapper. Never opened, never watched.

Have watched the 2010 draw many times, but not the 1977 draw.

The reality is based on what happens next week which makes it easier to watch, or not.

Watched the 2018 prelim the Friday before the GF. As great a win as that was, not sure that I can watch it again because I know what happens next Mad
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 pm

I've watched a couple of quarters because the day itself was so surreal watching it at a pub on a projector in a sunlit room so the screen was somewhat faded and it was hard to hear the commentary over the room full of "neutral" supporters cheering hard for West Coast.

1 or 2 days later, I was able to look at the game again. I own the 2002 Grand Final on DVD -- perverse but at the time it was the closest I ever got to being able to buy a Collingwood premiership DVD -- and I've watched it maybe 15 times over the years, always switching it off right after Josh Frazer's goal in the last. I was so proud of that team and it's a pleasure to see them take it up to Brisbane in their prime and come closer than anybody else ever did.

2003 GF I've watched once or twice just to work out what the hell went wrong that day.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Still haven't seen the final 5 minutes let alone an entire replay.

In my mind we're still in front.

LOL.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Haven't watched the prelim yet, akin to thebalds reason. The GF loss has spoiled it for me. Saw 30 seconds of the GF, when Sheed kicked the goal, not sure I can watch any for quite a while, if at all. Wished I hadn't see any, even though I was watching the scoring on my phone and figured we were gone, my only memory is that kick threading the needle and seeing 2 mins on the clock left Sad
FootyMonster Aries

FootyMonster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:45 pm

Never seen the ‘02, ‘03 nor ‘11 loses. Watched the 2010 draw several times as a warm up to the win. I am lucky to travel a bit so these are on my iPad and are way better than the latest Hollywood offering onboard.

Saw the Richmond prelim 3 times during grand final week. You can’t be sure of the grand final win so enjoy the week I say. And I did. Shame we lost but I had an awesome September thanks to the mighty Pies. I asked Magpie Bat to post links to the game recently. So I have downloaded it to watch when I’m ready. Maybe at the start of next season.

Here is a bit of insight. I lost my mum in August. Total shock. Was awful. Mentioned I’d had a recent loss, without being specific, on Nicks and received terrific messages of support from you all. Much appreciated.

So get this, Mum’s hubby is a West Coast fanatic. Car stickers. Everything.

I borrowed a friend’s barcode for the lottery who couldn’t make it to try and get him a ticket.

All my ballot entries saluted.

So he attended with us. So as bad as the loss was for me I am wrapped for him. He’s never been to a grand final before. And after losing his wife he sees his team salute the next month.

So as bad as I took the defeat. But didn’t portray it. Gotta admit I’m pretty stoked for him. One of my finest achievements for sure.

And I hope me sharing this helps put everything in perspective for us all.

2019 looking good friends! We are back in the hunt.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:16 pm

I never ever, ever, ever, ever, watch losing GFs, ever, ever. Period.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I never ever, ever, ever, ever, watch losing GFs, ever, ever. Period.

Me either, they're bad enough the first time.

I cant even watch the 2010 draw, the last quarter brings on an anxiety attack.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:07 am

I can’t get past that rushed behind that should have been. I keep wanting to break the TV.
cressyg 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:43 am

No...Because doing so won't change the result
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:27 am

FootyMonster wrote:
Never seen the ‘02, ‘03 nor ‘11 loses. Watched the 2010 draw several times as a warm up to the win. I am lucky to travel a bit so these are on my iPad and are way better than the latest Hollywood offering onboard.

Saw the Richmond prelim 3 times during grand final week. You can’t be sure of the grand final win so enjoy the week I say. And I did. Shame we lost but I had an awesome September thanks to the mighty Pies. I asked Magpie Bat to post links to the game recently. So I have downloaded it to watch when I’m ready. Maybe at the start of next season.

Here is a bit of insight. I lost my mum in August. Total shock. Was awful. Mentioned I’d had a recent loss, without being specific, on Nicks and received terrific messages of support from you all. Much appreciated.

I borrowed a friend’s barcode for the lottery who couldn’t make it to try and get him a ticket.

So he attended with us. So as bad as the loss was for me I am wrapped for him. He’s never been to a grand final before. And after losing his wife he sees his team salute the next month.

So as bad as I took the defeat. But didn’t portray it. Gotta admit I’m pretty stoked for him. One of my finest achievements for sure.

Sorry for your loss xx

Your a bigger man than me, no way I could do that, and then be happy for him! Not beating my team, God no, I’m just not that generous!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:29 am

FootyMonster wrote:

Sorry for your loss xx

Your a bigger man than me, no way I could do that, and then be happy for him! Not beating my team, God no, I’m just not that generous!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:51 am

No and probably never will. Only highlight I’ve even watched is the non free kick.

I have watched 2002 a few times, I don’t mind that too much cos no one ever really expected us to win. Also love the 2010 draw.

But have never watched 2003 or 2011 GFs since the day and probably never will
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:42 am

no not yet.

its been a week and im only just starting to feel like myself again.
however redemption will come our way. I know it.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:23 am

Watched first qtr
May mot watch the rest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: