Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you watched the GF replay yet? Why and why not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you watched the GF replay yet?
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
I haven't yet but I will
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
I haven't yet and I won't
57%
 57%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 101

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was deflated and flat after the Grand Final, now I feel angry thinking about it.

Like others, I can't watch it.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 am

For the masochists:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-03-14/raw-emotion-inside-the-eagles-and-pies-grand-final

[12:26]
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:21 am

Stil haven't.

Mrs WPT & I were in a postion to buy a new TV (LG 65" OLED E series 2018)

Just watched the first half of the preliminary final in HD recoerded on my DVD player.

Wow. Thats what I want to watch.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:34 am

During the JLT telecasts, Foxtel were heavily advertising an upcoming GF special.

I am sure it was done on purpose to sledge us Collingwood folk, especially the slo-mo replays of Dom Sheed's goal ad nasuem. You should have heard the glee in Anthony Hudson's voice each time he said "Collingwood supporters might like to look away".

Luckily we were winning or I might of thrown something at the screen.

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I�ve played sport all my life and I�ve found the sorest losers were those used to winning. I love winning but if losing means it knocks a bit of stuffing out of you and teaches you a bit of humility, it doesn�t hurt to lose because it makes winning so much more special. West Coast lost in 2015. They came back to beat us last year. They were magnanimous towards us in their victory. That�s all you can expect. We�ll came back from this the way we did in 2008 and 2009. Every GF victory is special. The next one isn�t too far away and when it comes it won�t hurt to replay the 2018 GF because it will show the seeds of the team we have been building to construct our next premiership side.

sound logic, falls into the category of you win some, you lose some.

unfortunately we've won 15, lost 27 hence the pain
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Given i'm a Pies fan living in Perth at the moment, I haven't had the need to watch the game again. This is purely down to the fact that for the last 167 days (as of today) I get to relive the disappointment of losing the game through either listening to mates, colleagues and randoms gloat, or through the incessant media based reminders!

I'm sick and tired of seeing that spud Dom Sheeds mug on TV, posters and various social media sites. The muppet could take that kick another 10 times and miss the lot. Oh and YES it was a Free Kick to Maynard! Try telling that to the parochial ferals over here!

YES i'm still bitter and NO i haven'y gotten over it - I bloody well won't either!

MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Given i'm a Pies fan living in Perth at the moment, I haven't had the need to watch the game again. This is purely down to the fact that for the last 167 days (as of today) I get to relive the disappointment of losing the game through either listening to mates, colleagues and randoms gloat, or through the incessant media based reminders!

I'm sick and tired of seeing that spud Dom Sheeds mug on TV, posters and various social media sites. The muppet could take that kick another 10 times and miss the lot. Oh and YES it was a Free Kick to Maynard! Try telling that to the parochial ferals over here!

YES i'm still bitter and NO i haven'y gotten over it - I bloody well won't either!

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 pm

In my lifetime

I have seen us win the flag twice, and lose 9 times with 2 draws.

Beyond had a gutful of it.

Glad my dad didn't see another loss last year.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:15 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I�ve played sport all my life and I�ve found the sorest losers were those used to winning. I love winning but if losing means it knocks a bit of stuffing out of you and teaches you a bit of humility, it doesn�t hurt to lose because it makes winning so much more special. West Coast lost in 2015. They came back to beat us last year. They were magnanimous towards us in their victory. That�s all you can expect. We�ll came back from this the way we did in 2008 and 2009. Every GF victory is special. The next one isn�t too far away and when it comes it won�t hurt to replay the 2018 GF because it will show the seeds of the team we have been building to construct our next premiership side.

When I played junior footy, I missed the age group of winners by 2 years. The teams I played in rarely won. I kept fronting up though, as when we did win it was a special feeling.

So I'm hardly a sore loser but I have not and have no intentions to watch a replay of the grand final. I've never watched a replay of any of our losing grandfinals and I see zero reason why I should.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:32 pm

That game was almost enough to make me give it away.

I can't and won't ever watch it.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Still haven't seen any of it bar the sealer. Sad
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:47 pm

K wrote:
For the masochists:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-03-14/raw-emotion-inside-the-eagles-and-pies-grand-final

[12:26]

"... the official [AFL season's] launch ... needed little else but the dramatic reminder of the final stages of the West Coast-Collingwood play-off. A superb production which focused on three pivotal Eagles, culminating in Dom Sheed's last kick.

There was the revelation that none of those three Eagles was actually meant to be on the ground when they achieved victory."

(Caro.)

Shocked Crying or Very sad
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
That game was almost enough to make me give it away.

I can't and won't ever watch it.

Same here.

The game nearly broke me. I feel angry just thinking about it and being reminded me of it when I see it mentioned in the press.

I've had mixed emotions over the off-season break. On the one hand, there's a sense of optimism after last year's improvement and the desire to hopefully go one better, but there's also a bitterness about a missed opportunity which we may not have another chance for rectifying.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 pm

Just watched the second half of last years Preliminary final. Great viewing. Gees, we were hard at it. Bloody great to see again. That’s my finals replay watching.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 pm

A 35 second video has popped up on the AFL website giving audio from within the 3 quarter time huddles on Grand Final day.

Bucks' voice is hoarse and compelling. Spine tingling stuff.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-03-16/inside-the-huddles-simmo-and-bucks-final-gf-message

(and as for the OP's question - no, I haven't watched the full GF replay, only the 1st quarter.).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: