Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should Pendles step aside?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Should NB consider banning the players from having unprotected baby time in August & September, so they won't risk catching some illness from their offspring?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:18 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
think positive wrote:
Soooooo his best year as captain, we miss the premiership by 90 seconds, we all acknowledge he has been playing injured and then sick, butttttt you want to trade him in! Well ok then, makes perfect sense.....NOT!

Have another beer.
I didn't say how i rated his previous years.
I also said if he thinks he can be even better than fine - go again.
But if any doubt - Tay looks ready and Scotty can have more of the homelife he enjoys so much.
There is nothing to argue about.

was that necessary? did it give you a little shiver of joy? go you

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:54 am

Pendles has earned the right to make the call on his captaincy when he is ready.

10 top 5 finishes in the Copeland in 13 years including five wins means he will go down as one of all time greats of this club.

If Pendles thought that the captaincy was going to somehow effect his performance or penalize the team somehow he would be the first to put his hand up and pass it on.

Any talk of his decline is way off the mark.

The only problem Pendles has is that he makes it look too easy so people think he has lost a step

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 pm

The thing that was not necessary was two or three people here getting shouty and hysterical about a perfectly decent and respectful discussion of a perfectly reasonable and indeed timely question.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Pipes1970 wrote:
Pendles has earned the right to make the call on his captaincy when he is ready.

10 top 5 finishes in the Copeland in 13 years including five wins means he will go down as one of all time greats of this club.

If Pendles thought that the captaincy was going to somehow effect his performance or penalize the team somehow he would be the first to put his hand up and pass it on.

Any talk of his decline is way off the mark.

The only problem Pendles has is that he makes it look too easy so people think he has lost a step

This especially the last line

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Quote:
Should Pendles step aside?

No.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Pendles was instrumental in getting De Goey fit and firing.

Agree with Pipes1970, Pendles leads like he plays -- he makes it look easy to people not paying attention. Let him make the call. Besides, we have other leaders on the ground and around the club.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:26 pm

K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:28 pm

^ Were you particularly enchanted by Flip's on-knees handball?
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:35 pm

ha ha I didn't even notice it until now. Seedsman's defensive effort is impressive
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Tannin wrote:
The thing that was not necessary was two or three people here getting shouty and hysterical about a perfectly decent and respectful discussion of a perfectly reasonable and indeed timely question.

That's what I thought as well.

The premise of this topic was whether Pendles should step aside. That is, make the decision himself.

It's funny that the first person complaining about discussion of the captain being sacked was also the first person to even raise the issue of him being sacked. Understandable why the have another beer comment was made.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:17 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Tannin wrote:

The premise of this topic was whether Pendles should step aside. That is, make the decision himself.

It's funny that the first person complaining about discussion of the captain being sacked was also the first person to even raise the issue of him being sacked. Understandable why the have another beer comment was made.

Since you went back once to get that info go back and have another read, the sarcasm was an inch thick!

Just imagine Pendles ventures in to have a look and sees “should Pendles step aside?” I know insensitivity is a male trait, but getting not getting offended isn’t, and he does not deserve that. That’s why I , and I presume the others, want the thread shut down. It’s disrespectful and an insult to Pendles brave gutsy performance this year, under various forms of duress.

A couple of seasons ago I said he wasn’t a captains arsehole after one shitty defeat, and since then I have changed my tune and stated it clearly on here, many a time, that now I see what others saw all along. Yes he is a very different captain to Maxy, who I just loved. He has the integrity to stand aside when he knows he is done, of that I have no doubt.

But once again, the reason I’m offended is because it pisses me off the insensitive keyboard warriors have the audacity to start threads like this just days after we lost a grand final by 5 points and 90 $£$%^%%$ seconds, a grand final none of us could have dreamed we would be in.

And just to finish, if you feel the need to have a crack at me have the balls to name me. I don’t need the Dutch courage of alcohol to make my point.

Quite ironically, CHEERS!

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 pm

think positive wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Since you went back once to get that info go back and have another read, the sarcasm was an inch thick!

Just imagine Pendles ventures in to have a look and sees “should Pendles step aside?” I know insensitivity is a male trait, but getting not getting offended isn’t, and he does not deserve that. That’s why I , and I presume the others, want the thread shut down. It’s disrespectful and an insult to Pendles brave gutsy performance this year, under various forms of duress.

A couple of seasons ago I said he wasn’t a captains arsehole after one shitty defeat, and since then I have changed my tune and stated it clearly on here, many a time, that now I see what others saw all along. Yes he is a very different captain to Maxy, who I just loved. He has the integrity to stand aside when he knows he is done, of that I have no doubt.

But once again, the reason I’m offended is because it pisses me off the insensitive keyboard warriors have the audacity to start threads like this just days after we lost a grand final by 5 points and 90 $£$%^%%$ seconds, a grand final none of us could have dreamed we would be in.

And just to finish, if you feel the need to have a crack at me have the balls to name me. I don’t need the Dutch courage of alcohol to make my point.

I have no idea what your name is. Tell me your name and I will name you. I just think of you as the bug person due to your avatar.

Why are you so offended? Don't you know how professional sporting clubs work? The position of every player is thoroughly reviewed at the end of every season. The issue that has been considered here will have also been considered by not only our club, but by our captain as well. I don't think he needs you to tell him whether he can do that or not.

For the record I think that he should remain captain but your position that the discussion shouldn't be allowed because you don't agree with it is quite juvenile. Upon proper reflection you should realise that.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:44 pm

think positive wrote:
Tannin wrote:

I have no idea what your name is. Tell me your name and I will name you. I just think of you as the bug person due to your avatar.

Why are you so offended? Don't you know how professional sporting clubs work? The position of every player is thoroughly reviewed at the end of every season. The issue that has been considered here will have also been considered by not only our club, but by our captain as well. I don't think he needs you to tell him whether he can do that or not.

For the record I think that he should remain captain but your position that the discussion shouldn't be allowed because you don't agree with it is quite juvenile. Upon proper reflection you should realise that.

the name is TP,
im not telling Pendles to do anything, of course the club will review it, but you cant see that posting this a couple of days after the loss doesnt look like you might be appointing some blame?

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:03 pm

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:
Tannin wrote:

the name is TP,
im not telling Pendles to do anything, of course the club will review it, but you cant see that posting this a couple of days after the loss doesnt look like you might be appointing some blame?

Perhaps he was but I don't know that. Sheedy used to commence his reviews within 48 hours of a GF, win or lose. I still don't see an issue with posing the question. That's part of what this board is about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: