Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dunn deserves his first finals appearance.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Post subject: Dunn deserves his first finals appearance.Reply with quote

In 2019, I want to see our boys using the disappointment from the weekend to back up this surprise season with an even stronger, more dominant one next year. They've got to do it for themselves and for Lynden. Get him into the finals and watch him give his all to help us get a flag in 2019.

Our 2018 was akin to our 2009, except we won an extra game. Just the beginning of our window. 2019 is the year we finish top 2 with more wins.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Dunn deserves his first finals appearance.Reply with quote

SwansWay wrote:
In 2019, I want to see our boys using the disappointment from the weekend to back up this surprise season with an even stronger, more dominant one next year. They've got to do it for themselves and for Lynden. Get him into the finals and watch him give his all to help us get a flag in 2019.

Our 2018 was akin to our 2009, except we won an extra game. Just the beginning of our window. 2019 is the year we finish top 2 with more wins.

^This. I believe it will happen. This is a special team.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If we recruit a May type player, then Dunn may well end up being insurance for full back. There's no guarantee he'd be in our best 22 if we made another Grannie.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
If we recruit a May type player, then Dunn may well end up being insurance for full back. There's no guarantee he'd be in our best 22 if we made another Grannie.

Dunn is as good if not better than any other fullback in the competition.
Better than may as well. No chance Kennedy would have kicked 3 on Dunn, nor Jack get 5 in the prelim. They only player on the list who can go one on one with the likes of Hawkins & beat him. Was a crushing blow for us when he went down.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:55 pm

woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Dunn is as good if not better than any other fullback in the competition.
Better than may as well. No chance Kennedy would have kicked 3 on Dunn, nor Jack get 5 in the prelim. They only player on the list who can go one on one with the likes of Hawkins & beat him. Was a crushing blow for us when he went down.

He'll be a year older and returning from a full knee reco. I'm not saying he won't be our first choice full back, simply that there's no guarantee that will be the case. I love the guy, and ultimately his absence cost us the Premiership, but sentiment will count for nothing when we are picking our team (hopefully) in September 2019.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Yes, if we want to start winning premierships regularly, we have to avoid sentimentality. Maybe it's okay for the fans to be sentimental, as long as the football department isn't, but can we be sure the football department can live in a bubble and not be even slightly influenced by the emotions of the masses?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Yep, a year older and returning from a reco. He's done a remarkably good job but it's not unlikely he won't be the 1st choice full back next year.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Last Saturday I believe having two tall defenders in the backline would have given us a better chance of victory. If both Reid and Dunn were match fit and right to go physically we could have nullified the efforts of Darling and Kennedy to a much greater extent.

There is certainly room for both May and Dunn depending upon match ups.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Last Saturday I believe having two tall defenders in the backline would have given us a better chance of victory. If both Reid and Dunn were match fit and right to go physically we could have nullified the efforts of Darling and Kennedy to a much greater extent.

There is certainly room for both May and Dunn depending upon match ups.

It's worth remembering that Goldsack, 193 cms, is taller than Dunn on 192 cms.

What we are actually crying out for is a 195 cm brick shithouse. Currently we don't have one on our list.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:34 pm

There exists Reid and Dunn were match fit and right to go we could.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: