Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I tend to agree to a degree, I don't know what it is but its there... lingering in the background.

It is not ok. We must be ruthless in all things.

TRUE !! More like Hawthorn, cold, calculating, ruthless, heartless, in Grand Finals. Gawd, I reckon, all this week, I have said the two words, IF ONLY , at least 35 000 times, re this narrow, gutted, loss. The agony of defeat, seen far too many of these close shitty losses, fed up. Enough is enough. Mad Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
The mentality is close enough is good enough- THAT's NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

The mentality is for Collingwood to make Finals- THAT's NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

The mentality should always be and will be to win Grand Finals!!!

You draft players, coaches, Admin NOT to make Finals BUT to WIN GRAND FINALS.

Enough of this mentality that we did OK. No, it's NOT OK. 'NOT OK!!!'

15 GF Wins and 27 GF loses is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! and is NOT OK!!![/b]

Did you happen to listen to the coach in the lead up to the GF?
Listen to his interview with Gerard Whately. He effecitvly says the same thing. He can't believe it when people talk about making Grand Finals as their ambition. The ambition is to win them. Your sentiment is not lost on our coach.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I tend to agree to a degree, I don't know what it is but its there... lingering in the background.

It is not ok. We must be ruthless in all things.

TRUE !! More like Hawthorn, cold, calculating, ruthless, heartless, in Grand Finals. Gawd, I reckon, all this week, I have said the two words, IF ONLY , at least 35 000 times, re this narrow, gutted, loss. The agony of defeat, seen far too many of these close shitty losses, fed up. Enough is enough. Mad Exclamation

That's right mate - Enough is enough.

We know the players are gutted, we know Ed is too (what is there to tell Ed, he don't already know), as is the whole club BUT when does it stop!!! 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's and will GF loss after loss continue into 20's, 30's?

I know Hawthorn lost a GF but they have won a shit load as well (wouldn't mind their record since the 70's) and that cannot be said about Collingwood.

'IT's NOT GOOD ENOUGH and IT's NOT OK'.

ED, over to you...!!!

Nearly 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm

SwansWay wrote:
I believe the mentality is to win Grand Finals. The problem is that there's another team who also wants to win, unless you expect them to forfeit.

This, is possibly the best thing I’ve ever read on here.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:19 pm

^ That probably fits with what I just wrote in another thread: over history, 50% is fine; 33% is too low.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:29 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:

Agreed.

We should sack the players, the whole list. Clearly not good enough.
Sack all the coaches. Clearly not good enough

**** it, sack the whole board, burn down the Holden centre and start again at Vic park.

Rolling Eyes

Or, we could acknowledge a fkn brilliant effort for a team decimated by injuries throughout the year, that wasn't expected to even make the 8 let alone the Grand Final, and celebrate a fkn good year that fell just short of the ultimate goal.

We TRIED to win that GF. Weren't you watching? Not one of the players or coaches were satisfied with just being there, they fkn tried their guts out and fell agonisingly short. They should be praised for that. We need to acknowledge that it was a great effort, without forgetting that it fell short.

I have no doubt that the players self belief has been boosted by making the GF, and their hunger to go one better is strong

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Lets hope so.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:

Agreed.

We should sack the players, the whole list. Clearly not good enough.
Sack all the coaches. Clearly not good enough

**** it, sack the whole board, burn down the Holden centre and start again at Vic park.

Rolling Eyes

Or, we could acknowledge a fkn brilliant effort for a team decimated by injuries throughout the year, that wasn't expected to even make the 8 let alone the Grand Final, and celebrate a fkn good year that fell just short of the ultimate goal.

We TRIED to win that GF. Weren't you watching? Not one of the players or coaches were satisfied with just being there, they fkn tried their guts out and fell agonisingly short. They should be praised for that. We need to acknowledge that it was a great effort, without forgetting that it fell short.

I have no doubt that the players self belief has been boosted by making the GF, and their hunger to go one better is strong

Great post Stui

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:17 pm

Very Happy ^ great Post Stui!! Loved the boys effort this year, couldn't have dreamed we would get as far as we did and still spewing we got shafted!!!!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Six days on from our GF loss, I've come to a more balanced assessment of where we went wrong and where we need to improve to win the damn thing next year.

Firstly, it's worth reminding ourselves that we only just lost, in the last 90 seconds, meaning we could just as easily have won. If we'd won, I dare say, very few of us would be critical of our team or current list. So we should not think we have to make many changes to our team or game-plan to do better next season.

Secondly, I guess we'll never know, but I can't help thinking that Pendles played throughout the finals on 70 % energy, following his bout of viral meningitis. A fit and firing Pendles - a previous Norm Smith Medalist after all - would have got us over the line.

We got beat when the Eagles midfielders got on top - as happened in the qualifying final - enabling them to get the ball out of the centre (with help from dodgy umpiring against Grundy) and in the air quickly to their power forwards.

In the face of that aerial barrage, we were short a key tall defender, a role penciled in for Moore.

So while it would have been good to draft in May, I'm not really fussed, as I believe we already have the talent on our list to improve next year. So chin up everyone, we should be enormously proud of what our boys achieved this year, and we should all be looking forward to even greater things in 2019. Go Pies!

Last edited by RudeBoy on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:25 pm

But why did they make the choice to go in a defender short when we knew that was where we'd ultimately lose the game? It was a no brainer.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 pm

But why did they make the choice to go in a defender short when we knew that was where we'd ultimately lose the game? It was a no brainer.

Because they had no faith in the reliability of Reid or Moore's bodies. Would you have preferred Madgen?
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 am

Heartbreaking and gut wrenching as the 5 point loss was, it was a brave effort from the boys. They enhanced the reputation of the club and have put themselves firmly in the reckoning for next year. Big mountain to climb again for sure but they have shown the skill, resilience and belief to go one better next year. Go the pies.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am

Heartbreaking and gut wrenching as the 5 point loss was, it was a brave effort from the boys. They enhanced the reputation of the club and have put themselves firmly in the reckoning for next year. Big mountain to climb again for sure but they have shown the skill, resilience and belief to go one better next year. Go the pies.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31   

Jump to: