Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFLCA Coach of the Year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like the self righteous spewing their venom. Congratulations on Buckley winning the award and thoroughly deserved. I’m happy to say I wanted him gone as my perception he wasn’t up to it and the team wasn’t performing to my expectations and that of the clubs at the time. This year has been totally different, no high expectations and I have enjoyed my first season in a long time.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:08 am

Well done Nathan
woods_the_best Taurus

AFL Premiers 2010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:49 am

Congrats Nathan. The turnaround from 2015-2017 to this year has been nothing but incredible.

Now all we need is for NCB to stand on the dais at ~5.20pm Saturday avro and get that medal he really deserves.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:07 am

He never lost the support of the players but I was one who thought that NB should have departed at the end of last season. I am so glad that I was wrong. I have kept waiting for the bubble to burst this year but it just hasn't happened. They have just become stronger.

This year is more of a surprise to me than 77 was. I really can't believe we are there with a good chance again on Saturday.

Someone mentioned somewhere that NB always suffered when compared to Voss and Hird because he never won a premiership as a player but that he may now achieve something that they never will. Here's hoping.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:47 am

RudeBoy wrote:

For all those who hung shit on Bucks over the last couple of years, shame on you. I've never had any problem with those who thought Bucks' coaching was not good enough, after all, sport is about getting results, and our last 4 years have delivered poor results. The only people I am ashamed of are those who chose to personally vilify and abuse our coach. I won't name names, as you all know who you are, and your behaviour was inexcusable from supposed Collingwood supporters.

Anyway, as I've been predicting since mid way through the season, Bucks is officially the coach of the year. Coping with the worst injury toll of any AFL team, what he has managed to achieve for our club has been nothing short of incredible. But more than anything, he has been so resilient, determined, calm and classy, in the face of the kind of pressure, no AFL coach has been under before and survived. And he aint done yet. Hopefully he'll get to lift that Premiership Cup on Saturday afternoon.

So congratulations Bucks on your well deserved award, and thank you for providing our club with such great leadership and for steering us through difficult times, to get us to where we are now, on the cusp of pure unadulturated greatness. Go Pies and Go Bucks!

So well said Rudeboy. This echoes my thoughts exactly!! It was one thing to criticize the game plan, selection, recruitment etc over the past few frustrating years, but entirely another to post character assassinations and personal abuse at Bucks. It really mystified me that anyone doing this could call themselves Collingwood supporters and it was totally unwarranted. I left another forum because the personal vilification was just disgusting and unrestrained in any way. It was less here, but still present.

Anyway, Bucks didn't need the Coaches Award for us to know he's come of age as a coach and he's always been an individual with outstanding qualities. Still, I'm very pleased that he has been externally recognized by his peers. Very Happy
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am

Bloody well said, RudeBoy! Well deserved to Bucks. Did he issue a statement? Support coaches and staff can take a bow too.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Well, I don't know about that. Bucks has done a fantastic job, no argument, but I think we should give a special shout out to a couple of coaches who, second only to Bucks, have done the most to bring us all pleasure and satisfaction this year. A fantastic job those two, and may they keep on doing it exactly the same way for many years to come. They have produced a great result, no doubt about it. Let's all give full credit to Brendan Bolton and Alan Richardson.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Tannin wrote:
Well, I don't know about that. Bucks has done a fantastic job, no argument, but I think we should give a special shout out to a couple of coaches who, second only to Bucks, have done the most to bring us all pleasure and satisfaction this year. A fantastic job those two, and may they keep on doing it exactly the same way for many years to come. They have produced a great result, no doubt about it. Let's all give full credit to Brendan Bolton and Alan Richardson.

Gold Tannin. Cool
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 pm

no one deservers it more for what the award really means. past winners have made the award look like a consolation prize for a bloke who has been second fiddle to much better or experienced coaches. bucks has been fantastic this year with proof of results.
now bring home the cup!

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Self made player.

Self made coach.

Onya Buckley. Always knew you'd get there.

(Nase would be proud.)
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Congratulations to Nathan on being awarded coach of the year by his peers.

While we gladly acknowledge his performance this season I dare say after a career full of individual accolades what he truly desires is the team success that ultimately only comes with winning the Premiership.

Let's hope this time he gets to fulfill his dream and is rewarded for decades of dedication to the Collingwood Football Club.

He deserves nothing less.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: