Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grand Final ticket buy/swap/sell thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suedehead 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hail Mary, full of grace....

Flights booked...flying down from Brisbane.
Looking for 2 tix...will settle for 1.

1990 - missed (too young/poor to get there)
2002 - at the G
2003 - at the G
2010 - at the G for the draw; could not get back down for the replay

Will pay what it takes.
chrisjjj 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 pm

The good news is that if you were a member and you wanted a ticket you would have got one.
suedehead 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:26 pm

chrisjjj wrote:
The good news is that if you were a member and you wanted a ticket you would have got one.

You're right of course...only have myself to blame. Living in Brisbane with a young family, so tricky getting any sort of value of out of membership these days. Only got down to Melbourne once this year.

Anywho, thanks for the advice. Side by side.
chrisjjj 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:31 pm

suedehead wrote:
chrisjjj wrote:

You're right of course...only have myself to blame. Living in Brisbane with a young family, so tricky getting any sort of value of out of membership these days. Only got down to Melbourne once this year.

Anywho, thanks for the advice. Side by side.

That wasn't a dig at you, was just saying in general. I'm glad all members had the opportunity. No one would blame you for not buying a membership while living in Brisbane. Good luck with your search.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Raef wrote:
A mate has MCC membership ... if i borrow his pass will that get me in as a walk-up?

cheers in advance ...

Yes. You do risk him losing his membership if you get ID checked though

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 am

chrisjjj wrote:

No - not true - AFL Silver members with Collingwood club support (which counts as a membership) didn't have the chance. Those aside, I don't think it can be concluded that all ~65-75k members were able to buy a ticket.

Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 am

Client of mine has:
2 tickets
Melb footy club brunch
1 night accommodation - South Warf
Bought for $4,000+ at a charity auction.

Will sell and donate 100% of proceeds to same charity.
chrisjjj 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 am

tbaker wrote:
chrisjjj wrote:

No - not true - AFL Silver members with Collingwood club support (which counts as a membership) didn't have the chance. Those aside, I don't think it can be concluded that all ~65-75k members were able to buy a ticket.

I was refering to club members not AFL members. Only 78 or so members that entered the first ballot of over 6500 members missed out. If those 78 tried to buy a ticket last night I'm sure most would have been able to.
Being an AFL member over a club member is a risk. I find it stupid that you nominate your club but lets say a hawks supporter can have just as much chance of getting a GF ticket as a Pies supporter.
Why would you give your money directly to the AFL anyway. I don't support them i support only Collingwood. I won't get started on the disdain I have for the AFL.
chrisjjj 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:22 am

tbaker wrote:
chrisjjj wrote:

I was refering to club members not AFL members. Only 78 or so members that entered the first ballot of over 6500 members missed out. If those 78 tried to buy a ticket last night I'm sure most would have been able to.
Being an AFL member over a club member is a risk. I find it stupid that you nominate your club but lets say a hawks supporter can have just as much chance of getting a GF ticket as a Pies supporter.
Why would you give your money directly to the AFL anyway. I don't support them i support only Collingwood. I won't get started on the disdain I have for the AFL.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:40 am

http://www.mcg.org.au/getting-around/find-my-seat

handy link to get a view of the seating at the G

suedehead 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:37 am

Greeny2968 wrote:
Client of mine has:
2 tickets
Melb footy club brunch
1 night accommodation - South Warf
Bought for $4,000+ at a charity auction.

Will sell and donate 100% of proceeds to same charity.

Thanks Greeny - have PM'ed you.
WalZ_PieZ 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:46 am

I have 2 tickets via a club package which includes GF breakfast.
$4000 for the two.
PM me if interested
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:59 am

chrisjjj wrote:
tbaker wrote:
chrisjjj wrote:

Not every Pies member entered the ballot (likely because they never saw the Prelim final win coming) - so does that mean that all those who didn't enter the ballot didn't want a GF ticket and shouldn't have a chance at a GF ticket? I don't think so.
AFL members who nominate a club of support DO count as members of that club - they are counted in the membership tally, receive the membership pack at season's start, and receive members correspondence from the club. And to all those ill-informed knockers who say that we are not supporting the club - you have your facts wrong - part of the high membership fees go DIRECTLY to the club (we are told by the AFL that it is a sum equal to an 11-game membership). So we are indeed financially supporting the club. Gold members with competing club support DO have priority for GF tickets; it is just silver members who have missed out, because Collingwood FC (not the AFL) didn't allow them to register for the ballot.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:49 am

AFL members should get their seats from the AFL members allocation, not the Collingwood allocation.
Collingwood looks after social club members as a priority. If you were running the club, would you give priority to a $500 membership where you receive $500, or to a $500 AFL club support membership where you receive $50 to $100?

The 78 that missed out is 78 registrations ... that’s probably around 300 people
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:03 am

I get excited every time there is a new post in this thread. And it's just you blokes fluffing on....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: