Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Toughen up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:11 pm
Post subject: Toughen upReply with quote

Its Tuesday, I've resisted posting in response to some of the crap on here since Saturday and given people the benefit of the doubt cos they were angry.

I find this drivel about 'its better to have gone out in the Prelim' than be beaten in the GF' pathetic and weak as piss.

Man up, so called supporters. The truth is you'll never know how we would have gone in the GF cos we aint gunna be there.

Watch a replay of last year's Prelim and you'll find that we were already slaughtering Richmond before Cox made his presence felt in the second quarter. We were probably the only team that could have beaten Richmond in the GF this year with, or without him.

I'm as long suffering as just about anyone on here and I'm gutted that we lost Saturday. I wanted us to be there. Listen to what the players are saying. They are filthy this week cos an opportunity to play in the game that you work all year to get into is lost.

Anyone who wants to argue that losing last Saturday beats playing this weekend and all the good stuff that goes with it in the build up, go right ahead. But DONT argue that it beats losing this weekend cos you'll never know. Thats speculation. And if you cant handle the risk of losing Grand Finals for the chance of Premiership success you better go support another club.

oh... and Grow a pair.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:26 pm
Post subject: Re: Grow a pairReply with quote

Damien wrote:
Its Tuesday, I've resisted posting in response to some of the crap on here since Saturday and given people the benefit of the doubt cos they were angry.

I find this drivel about 'its better to have gone out in the Prelim' than be beaten in the GF' pathetic and weak as piss.

Man up, so called supporters. The truth is you'll never know how we would have gone in the GF cos we aint gunna be there.

Watch a replay of last year's Prelim and you'll find that we were already slaughtering Richmond before Cox made his presence felt in the second quarter. We were probably the only team that could have beaten Richmond in the GF this year with, or without him.

I'm as long suffering as just about anyone on here and I'm gutted that we lost Saturday. I wanted us to be there. Listen to what the players are saying. They are filthy this week cos an opportunity to play in the game that you work all year to get into is lost.

Anyone who wants to argue that losing last Saturday beats playing this weekend and all the good stuff that goes with it in the build up, go right ahead. But DONT argue that it beats losing this weekend cos you'll never know. Thats speculation. And if you cant handle the risk of losing Grand Finals for the chance of Premiership success you better go support another club.

oh... and Grow a pair.

NO Cox, and he terrifies the tigers, De Goey on one leg, unfit, would have been a liability, no Greenwood our main tagger to tag Dusty, no Beams, they only have Rance out and we would be stuffed after that hard comeback game in the wet. Fact, stuffed, tiges would have smashed us, our forwards like Mihochek an WHE were hopeless against Giants, useless, the Tiger backs like Grimes would have had picnic. Tigers would have cruised home. sad but true, it is what it is. I don't fancy losing two GFSs in a row, seen 11 GF losses, not up for another one, against that feral vile bragging Punt rd mob. Look towards next yr, we were not good enough to make It anyway. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You’ve just confirmed my post. Pathetic. Reckon GWS fans woulda been thinking the same sort of way going into last Saturday.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:41 pm

And whose fault is it they're not there this week?

They're the ones who are fully to blame after that shit fest performance in the 3rd qtr last Saturday, has nothing to do with the rest of us regardless of what/how we are thinking/feeling.
If you think hobbling into a GF after that hard slog & having to face a fully fit RICH side & losing is better, then I have a bridge here I'd like to sell you.

Get over it, we lost, face it we didn't have the cattle on the day, look forward to 2020 & beyond & demand changes to get that Flag.

Edited to add: I for one don't wanna be subjected to yet another GF loss thanks!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm

‘Hobbling into the GF’ what a load of crap. As I said. Argue about playing not losing. If we’d won, I’d be enjoying the build up to the GF right now if we’d won instead of typing this message I’d be relishing the chance to be the underdog and wondering if everything went right we could win, just like in last years Prelim. and wondering if JDG was gunna come up. I’m the one that’s over the loss. I’m just not over the pathetic response seen on here by many. I’m not the one wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water and sack everyone like some people on here.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:00 pm

If, if, if, if my aunty had balls & blah, blah, blah, who the fk cares?

We lost, go out & do something fun with your kids, it's school holidays, footy's not the be all & end all...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:07 pm

We have zero chance of winning the 2019 premiership from the stands. Anything can happen on the day and you have to be in it to win it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:19 pm

We'd have beaten the Tigers.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:21 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
We have zero chance of winning the 2019 premiership from the stands. Anything can happen on the day and you have to be in it to win it.

Thank you. Some on here though don’t wanna make any more Grand
Finals unless we go in raging favourites with everything going right. They are relieved we went out Saturday rather than this week against Richmond. They also think that our coaches and players aren’t up to it. They have No ticker these so called supporters.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:33 pm

Sigh. Another thread started by someone who fails to grasp that people approach life and support the Pies differently from them and can't for whatever issues they have, accept that's okay.
Please take your judgements about people you don't know somewhere else.
BigKeyForward 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Giants will win the Granny, bet your bottom $ on it. We were beaten by a Monster created by the AFL. People have been sleeping on this Giant, that is now wide awake. Years ago, Australia expected a young team filled with flair. But the Giants grew to be skilled hardened warriors who win by any means necessary.

Not only will the Giants win the 2019 Premiership, they will be favourite for the next one, and the one after that, and the one after that.

Unless a Good Old team i know can find a way to slay this Giant, all i know is it can't be done with our current best 22. We need to acquire a weapon of mass destruction...

It could be worse, we could be Melbourne paying Steven May upwards of 800 thousand a year, sitting in 17th position.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 pm

^^

Yep, agree. BKF. It was odds on that they were going to come to the fore at some point and in a very powerful way.

Hilarious comment re Melbourne! ! Laughing
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:48 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Sigh. Another thread started by someone who fails to grasp that people approach life and support the Pies differently from them and can't for whatever issues they have, accept that's okay.

Been here since last century mate and my views are like everyone else’s. Valid. So suck it up and enjoy watching the GF on Saturday and like me, wondering what coulda been.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Damien wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Been here since last century mate and my views are like everyone else’s. Valid. So suck it up and enjoy watching the GF on Saturday and wondering what coulda been.

Your views/opinions about actual footy may be valid, but I bristle at Nicksters who pontificate about how other supporters should react and feel. It's actually none of your business.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:02 pm

We weren't made of the right stuff this season. Even if we had of fallen in against the Giants our form would not have been strong enough to take on Richmond. Unless we decided to grow an extra leg this week I'd say we would have been collecting our 28th GF defeat. Yes, you have to be in it to win it and I would love to be there fighting for it, but at the same time I am damn sick of losing them. After last year I can do without experiencing that pain again so soon. We lost, we weren't good enough and we deserved to go out. If the players thought they were good enough to win the flag then the Giants should have felt our full force, but we hit them with a feather when it mattered and fell flat on our face. Get ruthless Collingwood and take the game away from your opponent, show weakness at your peril.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: