Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Call to arms for every supporter to be at the 'G!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:03 pm
Post subject: Call to arms for every supporter to be at the 'G!Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm a life-long Pies supporter (thanks dad), been a lurker here for a while but never registered. Not anymore!

Adam Simpson said that the West Coast crowd helped them get over the line against us. And the Perth crowd certainly got the umpires on side. So we need to do to GWS what West Coast did to us -- pack the MCG with Magpies supporters and make them fear our noise! Every man, woman, child (and dog if you can sneak them in, except De Goey's dog because he's just trouble) should get to the MCG on Saturday night. There should be 50,000 of us at the very least.

We Magpies supporters have been the brunt of ridicule and derision for a century. Other club supporters hate us. The AFL hates us. The umpires hate us. The media hates us. The seagulls and pigeons hate us (thanks to Pendlebury). So let's pack the MCG and give them a bloody good reason to hate us!

I know the AFL and MCG hasn't made it easy for most of us, with the price of tickets, the booking system, cost of food and transport and parking. So don't break the bank if you've got other priorities. But the rest of us... let's rock the 'G and make GWS go home losers with permanent hearing loss.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome mate !! yes, we will make one helluva noise, and we love the G too. Im pretty confident bout this Final, I honestly cant see us going out in straight sets, no way known. ! We are seething with anger after last weeks close one, we wll be breathing fire. I reckon we can win this pretty well, so for me, its our Magpies by 21 points. !!!! Then onto the Tiggers !!!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Welcome Mr.M. Yes, I agree...I am a big believer in the power of supporter noise to get their team over the line, and this is one such week we need to do our bit. And, repeating what Jezza wrote elsewhere:
Jezza wrote:
According to AFL 360, there are 12,000 public tickets left for the game.

If you can afford to go (financially and distance wise) and haven't purchased tickets, then buy a ticket and get to the ground on Saturday. It's our first home final in 5 years and we need to be the 23rd man on Saturday.

Categories 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 tickets are exhausted now. Still tickets available from categories 5 and 6 at the top deck.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Moreso required on a cold wet night when the atmosphere can be dull.

It’s been a long 5 years since we played a final in Melb, so people better get off their arses.

If there’s less than 65,000 I’ll be kissed off.

Should be 70,000.

Ads7 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Will be there with 2 others cheering on from level 4 of MCC.

Really, really hope Pies army is out in full force and we can win this one.

Weather isn’t great but hopefully doesn’t deter too many:
Cloudy. Very high chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 500 metres later in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Gusty winds and possible hail. Winds N 25 to 40 km/h turning W 35 to 55 km/h in the morning then decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the evening.

How about Sheedy trying to get all non-Collingwood supporters against us? Give it up, mate.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Good to see you back Ed!
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:10 pm

With the weather forecast, I’d be surprised if we get 60k there
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:18 pm
Post subject: Re: Call to arms for every supporter to be at the 'G!Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Hi guys, I'm a life-long Pies supporter (thanks dad), been a lurker here for a while but never registered. Not anymore!

Were you inspired by Toby?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:32 pm

No one really considers the weather when booking finals tickets. Once you have them, a small chance of rain isn't going to stop you from going! There'll be plenty there, don't worry about that
swooper 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

I know a few Pies members who aren’t going because of the weather. I seriously don’t understand this. Isn’t finals footy what it’s all about? Isn’t this the time to support your club? I would’ve thought this is when you really want to be there... but apparently not.

I would be surprised if they get more than 65,000.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:23 am

I would be more concerned about the cold than the rain tonight. According to the BOM app it will be 9 down to 7 degrees with a 20% of rain (between 7-10pm in East Melbourne).

Most of the rain will be much earlier in the day.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:41 am

So, a typical winter's night, albeit in September. Fair dinkum, if you pull out because of that forecast, you don't deserve to be there and quite frankiely, we don't need you! Rolling Eyes
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:25 am

The real question is: do we play better, relative to GWS, in colder or wetter conditions? If there's no difference, I guess spectator comfort becomes relevant then.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am

K wrote:
The real question is: do we play better, relative to GWS, in colder or wetter conditions? If there's no difference, I guess spectator comfort becomes relevant then.

The major thing you're underestimating - the role of the supporters, and in particular the influence that large numbers of supporters can have on a game. It's not just about how the players handle the conditions, but how involved the supporters are and how that can influence the result.
Stuff spectator comfort - all who can need to be there to help get the team over the line - it worked against us last week; we need the "noise of affirmation" to work for us this week, and for that we need our supporters to turn out in force.
Leave the comfort for when we get home and watch the recording of a Pies win, and be proud to say that we were there to help get the team over the line...

K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 am

It will be dry and warm. This is not Waverley Park.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: