Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moore: if he is deemed fit & says he's fit does he play?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If deemed fit should Darcy Moore play?
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 16 ]
No
69%
 69%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 52

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ So we'll put you down as a "maybe", shall we?
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 pm

Darcy is in our long term plans
but no for the pf
injuries have cruelled his season
if we win this week maybe a fairy tale cameo as a forward in a premiership if matchups and or an an injury permits it
hope he stays with us next year so we can see his potential unfold as an aa half back who can swing forward when needs be

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:27 pm

If you re-watch the game, Mayne, Aish and Greenwood had key moments where they stood up, and a couple of each where they made questionable decisions. As did Pendlebury, Howe, Maynard, Cox, Varcoe, Adams, Sier, Goldsack, Grundy, Treloar, Hoskin-Elliott, Stephenson, Langdon, Thomas, Varcoe, Crisp, Mihocek, De Goey and Sidebottom.

I'm really, really torn.

Moore can be a game changer, particularly in the ruck in the limited time he's performed that role. Filling in against a numpty like Grigg or Nankervis, he could be a game winner whilst our main beast rests. Moore could be the first wing/ruckman. Buckley said he was 'best on track' last week, and is waiting for Darcy to put his hand up before assessing.

I also like the idea of Mayne locking down on someone. I really hope Sier can come up.

However I think this game will be won by us being daring. We won't limit Richmond the same as we did GWS, we will need to meet their pressure and raise with our superior talent. Because man for man we are a hell of a lot more talented than their united pack of spuds. We can do to them what Jewell & Co did to Hafey's Heroes. Because this time, we have the class.

If he's fit, he's in. Drive the Porsche and leave the Corolla in the garage.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Listening to Bucks on the podcast, Darcy has a few boxes to tick.

If he ticks all of them, it makes him a lower risk selection, so he plays.

Who is omitted assuming all other players are fit from last week?

Mayne

After he kept Tomlinson down to nine touches ( 6 effective ) ??

I’ve got Mayne pencilled in to take Rance to the cleaners.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Cam wrote:
If you re-watch the game, Mayne, Aish and Greenwood had key moments where they stood up, and a couple of each where they made questionable decisions. As did Pendlebury, Howe, Maynard, Cox, Varcoe, Adams, Sier, Goldsack, Grundy, Treloar, Hoskin-Elliott, Stephenson, Langdon, Thomas, Varcoe, Crisp, Mihocek, De Goey and Sidebottom.

I'm really, really torn.

Moore can be a game changer, particularly in the ruck in the limited time he's performed that role. Filling in against a numpty like Grigg or Nankervis, he could be a game winner whilst our main beast rests. Moore could be the first wing/ruckman. Buckley said he was 'best on track' last week, and is waiting for Darcy to put his hand up before assessing.

I also like the idea of Mayne locking down on someone. I really hope Sier can come up.

However I think this game will be won by us being daring. We won't limit Richmond the same as we did GWS, we will need to meet their pressure and raise with our superior talent. Because man for man we are a hell of a lot more talented than their united pack of spuds. We can do to them what Jewell & Co did to Hafey's Heroes. Because this time, we have the class.

The place where they have more talent is down back, otherwise I agree and that's also why I think take the punt if he's ready. Treloar didn't play VFL, he came straight in after ticking all the boxes including a significant block of training.

At the end of the day, match committee will make the call and assess the risk v reward. Good luck to them.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:13 am

A massive call if they bring Moore in. The team is well balanced against the Tigers. Moore will upset that balance. My thoughts are about his commitment, if he hasn't signed by now how committed to the cause is he? He has the best Manager money can buy in chasing money for his client and I get the perception we are not offering nowhere near what the Swans are. In saying that, if we get through and Wet Toast win we would have to consider Reid or Moore. The positive is this is not a club distraction as in the Cloke saga of 2011.

I cannot see a change this week unless it's due to an injury.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 am

stui magpie wrote:
Cam wrote:

I'm really, really torn.

The place where they have more talent is down back, otherwise I agree and that's also why I think take the punt if he's ready. Treloar didn't play VFL, he came straight in after ticking all the boxes including a significant block of training.

At the end of the day, match committee will make the call and assess the risk v reward. Good luck to them.

The only difference being that Treloar hasn't had a history of consistently re-injuring himself so the risk was certainly more calculated.
lanstro 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:48 am

Only if someone else is injured and fails to come up. He hasn't played a full game for so long, and the only good game he has played all year was against the Eagles. Also he was hardly impressive against Reiwoldt last time around before he got injured.

Even without the injury issues, at this stage I see him as firmly a project player rather than an established product. You don't play project players just for fun in a prelim.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm

No to Moore or Reid this week there isn't match ups for them
If we win through then and plat West Coast then 1 would have to come in to play on Darling
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:22 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
The wife is 100% adamant No and would be disgusted if he plays.

I like the boy but it's still a No.

Aish plays - it is shocking to me he is in anyone's mind to be omitted.
Mayne is the most vulnerable for sure and has lost his very best form.

I'm theorising that the Moore/Mayne discussion will be good for Chris and will see him respond with additional intensity come Friday night.

Mayne's best 2018 form is excellent and outweighs the huge risk that Darcy would be. I think he has finished 1 AFL match this season but I dont recall which one. Before Sydney?
It isnt only 2018 either, there would be a handful of other matches where he hasn't ventured over the line in the last quarter throughout his short career.

i agree with the missus.

Mayne has earned his spot, he is playing his heart out, and doing a good job, the only one to miss would be Sier if he is carrying an injury, but then when was the last time Moore made it through a match?

no from me

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:45 pm

IF Sier is injured, cant play, Moore comes in, its a monty.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:01 pm

^^THIS^^
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 pm

We lost our last 2 games against Richmond in the last quarter because we had injuries. Would be crazy to tempt fair again
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Bucks said in his press interview that Moore won't be playing this week
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Yes, I heard that, too. Nathan certainly ruined a good thread with that presser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: