Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Matty Lloyd, i dont understand you ?!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, our set up is more De Goey centric at present.

Perhaps a function of his own leg injury, but also WHE, who hasn't been the same since he hurt himself. I did think the signs were promising on WHE's performance on the weekend though. Much improved on recent weeks. Much more involved.

Stephenson has gone off the boil too.

We got a long way behind the Tiges last time and narrowed it to 4pts at the last change, which we were well down on interchange options by then with Howe and Scharenberg down.

Richmond's forward set up is better suited to the shape of our defence too, with only Riewoldt as a tall marking target. Goldsack is a pretty good match up

With Treloar, DeGoey, Aish, Sier and one or two others in the team versus last time we played them, we can be right in this game up to our eye balls, particularly if Martin is playing hurt. Ou mids can get on top. We need to have a spread of goal kickers this week. Grimes is a good match up for DeGoey. We need to stretch their defence with weight of numbers and not bomb away.

Last edited by Albert Parker on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm

^ Agree with all of that.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:01 pm

To be fair to special needs people like Lloyd, I suspect he was saying that Richmond have a credible tall forward threat in Reiwoldt.

Cox isn't a credible forward threat - 2 finals, 0 goals.

So in reality, we have a 5 small forwards forward line.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:49 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
To be fair to special needs people like Lloyd, I suspect he was saying that Richmond have a credible tall forward threat in Reiwoldt.

He's on par then with Riewoldt - zero goals in the finals so far. Cool
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

He's on par then with Riewoldt - zero goals in the finals so far. Cool

touche..

but to be fair, Lloyd is a flicking idiot anyways.
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Lloyd, enough said.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 pm

This is why we shouldn't worry about what the media thinks. Loydy has been saying for weeks we are the only side that could beat Richmond at the G. Then a few weeks ago he changed his tune and said we can't beat them without treloar.

Well treloar is back and now it's our forward line that's the concern. Not our back line that he and all of us have been concerned about.

Sunday footy show he said we are nowhere near Richmond. I can only think Melbourne must be his new favourite.

Anyway we are clear underdogs, I'm expecting an absolute ripper game with some good inclusions from our round 19 meeting. Who wants it more, hopefully us.

Conclusion forward line was fine last week, bad kicking, bad football.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Tannin wrote:
Sure. But did you ask yourself why?

It was because they were all under instructions to clear out and make space for de Goey to run into. So when our other forwards got the pill, they were mostly a long way out, or deep in the pockets, or taking a snap from heavy traffic out of the flood.

Our bad kicking was a symptom of our de Goey-centric setup. We were better before de Goey got injured, back when he did plenty of midfield minutes and players like Stevo and WHE shared the duty in the square.

Yes and no.

We missed 11 set shots apparently. Just get half of those then......Not all were from tight angles. Aish ought to have got his.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:34 am

watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Sure. But did you ask yourself why?

It was because they were all under instructions to clear out and make space for de Goey to run into. So when our other forwards got the pill, they were mostly a long way out, or deep in the pockets, or taking a snap from heavy traffic out of the flood.

Our bad kicking was a symptom of our de Goey-centric setup. We were better before de Goey got injured, back when he did plenty of midfield minutes and players like Stevo and WHE shared the duty in the square.

Yes and no.

We missed 11 set shots apparently. Just get half of those then......Not all were from tight angles. Aish ought to have got his.

We did do a fair bit of kicking to Cox too but he wasn't holding them.

Last week, it made sense to get the ball to JdG when we could as he was out-leading everyone they put on him. It also kept the ball away from their quality tall defenders. Pity he had a touch of the Clokes going on with his kicking. He is usually a pretty reliable set shot. 41 goals 19 for the year is fine as a conversion rate.

I am hoping that now all the players have had their first finals win, they can relax and find a bit more composure in front of the sticks
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:38 am

Lloyd is just trying to make himself look good and like an expert by going with the overwhelming media view that pies have no chance against richmond. He knows he will have more credibility by bagging pies in an almost certain loss (as established by the media and betting markets). I for one think these negative comments will do nothing but inspire us further - let them keep coming and we can perform no worse than their expectations - but perform better than expected and we may just provide the mightiest of upsets...
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.32...Will Hoskin-Elliott..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:10 am

Lloyd is generally interesting to hear his views but maybe someone got up him for liking Collingwood too much.

One of the most respected, knowledgeable commentators is Robert Walls IMHO. Wonder what he thinks?

WHE Screamer @ 44:40 https://www.afl.com.au/video/1112259 ❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:50 am

According to Footy Classified:

Pies' Scoring
Rds 1-22 93.8
Rd 23-SF 71.7

Collingwood Target I50
JdG 9
MC 8
WHE 7
BM 5
JS 2.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 am

I didnt mind comments about the forward line so much - Have to remember the whole forward line is very inexperienced for finals. Saw a stat where Cox is top two or three for contested marks in the comp and we haven't seen that as much in finals. It doesn't mean we wont.

What stunned me was the stats they put up about us being out scored in the last qtr in both games this year - No mention of the players we were down at the time.

Then I thought about it and Im happy with that, keep talking us down !!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:31 am

Lloyd a tad jealous I would think , real shame that his mob lost to the scum.

www.facebook/the hybernators
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:15 pm

He was the only one who said that the Eagles game could be a big blowout. He said all other finals were closely matched except Pies and Eagles. I believe that ended up being the closest game of the bunch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: