Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL Member RESERVE Preliminary Final seating allocation.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 am
Post subject: AFL Member RESERVE Preliminary Final seating allocation.Reply with quote

Wondering why as a AFL member you got poor seating. This is why! Wondering why as a AFL member you missed out on a ticket. This is why!

Was on the Ticktek pages last night making sure everything was ready to go and to ensure I was familiar with the pages, both on the PC and phone.

What I found on the phone at about 11pm was the seating map of AFL members and the seats that are available.

This is the screen shot of the best available seats (all seats) for AFL Members

[/img] Not sure how to insert an image??? I think I've attached it??

You will note that all the good seats are not available for AFL members to purchase at 9am today.

Level 1 front half or more: not available!
Level 2 and 2A: not available!
Level 3 front half: not available!

I can only assume that these areas of the AFL Reserve have been allocated to Corporates and Medallion Club or similar.

This is a disgrace!

My understanding and the selling aspect of AFL membership is that we have roughly half or third of the Southern stand for our membership base. Clearly this is not the case. We have lost a Significant portion of what we had previously.

Not only have we lost about half of our seating, we have lost all of the "good" seats. We have also had the Prelim system changed, where Silver members have the same access as Gold.

The AFL has completely shafted AFL members! Mad
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Image didn't work, be good to see it though its $£$%^%%$ typical, someone posted the breakdown from last years GF, 14,000 tickets to AFL members including dining, 5,000 more seats to corporates in the AFL members section which would all have been in those areas...Seems they are getting the same access to this game
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:07 am

I am an AFL member and logged on this morning and got 2 tickets on Level 2A Row P22.

Excellent seats.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:12 am

What is AFL member and logged on this morning and got 2 tickets on Level 2A Row P22, your job?
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:19 am

I just sent an email to AFL membership suggesting they change the system for finals ticketing next year, where competing club members get priority for finals when the AFL reserve is expected to be full. Full members with Collingwood/Richmond support were competing with silver members of any club, many of which are just buying for others who hold no memberships at all...it's just all wrong. Sick of forking out big $ to have our chances of finals tickets eroded...
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 am
Post subject: Re: AFL Member RESERVE Preliminary Final seating allocation.Reply with quote

melliot wrote:
You will note that all the good seats are not available for AFL members to purchase at 9am today.

Not sure the image was accurate - it may not have been complete because tix were not on sale at that stage. I got tix front of level 3 (Q20 row D). But I am 100% certain that the number of tix in the AFL reserve is diminishing over the years.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:03 pm

I had no issues this morning. Two gold and two silver AFL members all four seats together level 1 M16. Just got to be ready to enter your barcodes at exactly 9.00am.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:08 pm
Post subject: Re: AFL Member RESERVE Preliminary Final seating allocation.Reply with quote

tbaker wrote:
melliot wrote:

Not sure the image was accurate - it may not have been complete because tix were not on sale at that stage. I got tix front of level 3 (Q20 row D). But I am 100% certain that the number of tix in the AFL reserve is diminishing over the years.

it looks like i will be sitting near you. i had no problems today. got in via the phone first (over multiple laptop web browsers) and used the nrl ticket server.

there’s 18,000 seats available. 11k collingwood and 5.5k richmond. 56k total afl membership.

mugway05 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 pm

Yeah no issues for me either. Level 1 - M22 - Row B

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Excuse me! Take it easy. For you I will consider it.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Interesting. We got M26 row GG and were on just after 9am via phone after queuing for 0.5hrs.

It could be a misleading image. If someone can PM how to load the image I'll put it up.

Would have loved Level 2A. But went best available. Didn't want to risk missing out all together. Not sure if the Silver members that went with us knocked us out of better areas????
madman Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi All,

I am a disappointed Collingwood supporter.

My wife passed early this year, she would organize the tickets for me and my kids, for the first time I organized the tickets on ticketeck for the gws and all went ok.

today I logged on to the site @ 845am, I have 2 gold & 1 silver afl memberships. I was on the phone & desktop computer sites, @ around 9.20am I got to the part were you enter the bar codes, double checked the numbers are ok. went to the next screen, ask for best possible seats, filled everything out correctly and red writing appeared at the top of the screen saying something along the line of I am wanting too many tickets.

missed out on tickets, can someone advise me if I was doing something wrong, because I don't want this to happen next week when we make the GF.

Thanks Andrew
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Sorry to hear that Madman.

9:20 seems about when the tix all got sold out. Only suggestion at that point of "not enough seats", is to go for singles and pick up the odd seats etc.

I was stressing all night about this and hoping I'd get on early enough to beat others (like yourself, I'm sorry to say). Reckon I only had 5 hrs sleep.

Based on what others are saying, I think the Silver memberships reduce the available area you can sit as per my post above. That could have been a factor.

We started very early. 3 people, 2 x PCs with 1xChrome and 1xExplorer pages + 2 x phones + another PC. My phone was the first one through at about 9am on the buzza.

If we get there, next week your Golds will have access on Sunday 10am, before anyone else. So should be much easier.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:06 pm

schuey07 wrote:
I had no issues this morning. Two gold and two silver AFL members all four seats together level 1 M16. Just got to be ready to enter your barcodes at exactly 9.00am.

Awesome tip Einstein. So pray tell, what do you think everyone else does?
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm

melliot wrote:
Interesting. We got M26 row GG and were on just after 9am via phone after queuing for 0.5hrs.

It could be a misleading image. If someone can PM how to load the image I'll put it up.

Would have loved Level 2A. But went best available. Didn't want to risk missing out all together. Not sure if the Silver members that went with us knocked us out of better areas????

Is row GG undercover? If so, that is considered a better seat than any on 2A. I wanted 2A (and got them) for the Giants final - I didn't select "best available" instead explicitly chose 2A. For the prelim I explicitly chose Q deck front, as I figured I was unlikely to have gotten 2A, and I didn't want ground level. If you know where you want to sit, specifying the section is more likely to get you those tickets - I don't trust "best available".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: