Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reversal of Fortune

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 am
Post subject: Reversal of FortuneReply with quote

Most of our injuries this year have been to defenders: Dunn, Scharenberg, Howe, Broomhead, Murray(suspended) and Goldsack. So, the defence has been a worry all season.

The forward line on the other has done really well, with Stephenson, Thomas, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott and Mihocek doing really well.

That is, until round 22. Since then the backline has done well. Crisp, Maynard and Langdon have done really well. Howe and Goldsack have returned. Aish has been serviceable. But the forward line has fallen into a hole. 10 goals against Freo, 11 goals against WCE and 9 goals against GWS. We won't beat Richmond by kicking 9/10 goals. Some sort of change is required, some new X-factor. If that means dropping Cox or Stephenson for Moore or Reid then so be it.

I know it's unlikely that there'll be any changes but all signs point to a Richmond win. If we want a different outcome we should do something different and unexpected.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What have Rich been scoring?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 am

Cox is going nowhere. Even if the big fella has an off night (WCE), his presence is priceless.
He was good, very good, against GWS. His 1% efforts (he had 9) are as good, if not better, than a disposal (he had11).

Surely, blokes should be running past him when he Mark's it outside 35m for a running shot on goal?

tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 am

1. The lower scores are part of finals pressure
2. Collingwood's score against GWS was an aberration, and we generated enough chances (should've been 15.9 ilo 9.15)

The scores in all but one of the finals games have been lower than the season average. The season avg score (of all h&a games) is 100 for 67 against. Only the Mel vs Hawks game had a winning score above the h&a average.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:34 am

9 goals 15. Wet both games.

We should’ve been 14.10 at worst. JDG and JT missed goals they enerally don’t.

We had plenty of scoring opportunities. A few dropped short and on the full.

Our issue is our kicking strength. Many snaps and kicks off one step inside 50 fall short.

Friday will be fine weather. We’ll be OK.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:56 pm
Post subject: Re: Reversal of FortuneReply with quote

Harrysz wrote:
Most of our injuries this year have been to defenders: Dunn, Scharenberg, Howe, Broomhead, Murray(suspended) and Goldsack. So, the defence has been a worry all season.

The forward line on the other has done really well, with Stephenson, Thomas, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott and Mihocek doing really well.

That is, until round 22. Since then the backline has done well. Crisp, Maynard and Langdon have done really well. Howe and Goldsack have returned. Aish has been serviceable. But the forward line has fallen into a hole. 10 goals against Freo, 11 goals against WCE and 9 goals against GWS. We won't beat Richmond by kicking 9/10 goals. Some sort of change is required, some new X-factor. If that means dropping Cox or Stephenson for Moore or Reid then so be it.

I know it's unlikely that there'll be any changes but all signs point to a Richmond win. If we want a different outcome we should do something different and unexpected.

The difference is that we will have De Goey and Treloar this time.
That's more than enough.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:59 pm
Post subject: Re: Reversal of FortuneReply with quote

jatsad wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

The difference is that we will have De Goey and Treloar this time.
That's more than enough.

...and Sier.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm

I agree with the op.I think our forward line is more of a worry than our backline.It's easier to cobble together a backline today than it is a forward line,with all the team defence and with players running back into defence.

Our forward line has really been struggling in the finals so far.We seem to go long periods without scoring now.Almost the entire second quarter last Saturday,then after we kicked the first few goals in the last we didn't kick another goal for the last 25 minutes of the quarter.I don't think we can afford to go goalless for so long against Richmond.I think we need to kick about 14 or 15 goals to win against them,but i'm not sure if this team is capable of kicking that many in a final.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:07 pm

DP.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Skids wrote:
Cox is going nowhere. Even if the big fella has an off night (WCE), his presence is priceless.
He was good, very good, against GWS. His 1% efforts (he had 9) are as good, if not better, than a disposal (he had11).

Surely, blokes should be running past him when he Mark's it outside 35m for a running shot on goal?

Yep - Maynard or Crisp maybe running past

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:24 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I agree with the op.I think our forward line is more of a worry than our backline.It's easier to cobble together a backline today than it is a forward line,with all the team defence and with players running back into defence.

Our forward line has really been struggling in the finals so far.We seem to go long periods without scoring now.Almost the entire second quarter last Saturday,then after we kicked the first few goals in the last we didn't kick another goal for the last 25 minutes of the quarter.I don't think we can afford to go goalless for so long against Richmond.I think we need to kick about 14 or 15 goals to win against them,but i'm not sure if this team is capable of kicking that many in a final.

That's finals footy. Rarely are finals high scoring affairs, unless one team is way, way better than its opponent. But for some kicking inaccuracy on the weekend, we could easily have amassed 100 points.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:35 pm

dalyc wrote:
Skids wrote:

Yep - Maynard or Crisp maybe running past

How good will that be on Friday!?

The big fella clunks a couple early and dishes, first to Crisp, who slots it from 45, then, out of the middle, another one.... this time, Maynard is on the end of it.... and sends it through goal post high.... the place erupts!

8 quarters of footy until it's ours! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: