Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Morrison Muppets rush announcement before 4 Corners!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
The States sold off their utilities, nothing to do with the Feds. Hawke and Keating rode to power on the Unions back and then shat on them once they got there.

Laughing Laughing

The Commonwealth
Over half the values realized were for Commonwealth (federal) government assets.
These were dominated by the half sale of Telstra telecommunications for $30 billion
during 1997 and 1999. Other major divestments areas were:
• finance $9 billion with the sale of the Commonwealth bank in two tranches
between 1993 and 1996 comprising the most important component
• several airports, including Melbourne and Brisbane which brought in some $4
billion
• and rail shipping and transport businesses, amounting to over $2 billion dominated
by the Qantas sale in 1992 and 1995.
Over fifty Commonwealth Government sales of major assets have taken place during
the past decade. Aside from the remaining half share of Telstra (worth $45-50 billion)
the cupboard is now relatively bare. Telstra excites considerable controversy as a
result of its intrinsic worth and issues of claimed political neglect of rural Australia. In
order to press the sale of the latest 16% tranche, the government had to guarantee to
spend an additional one billion dollars on a rag-tag-and-bobtail mix of indulgences to
the green and rural lobbies. Telstra itself has also spent considerably more in services
to “the bush” than its commercial interests warrant. With Opposition parties in firm
control of the Senate and ideologically opposed to most privatisations a tough price
would be extracted for any further sale.

Labor were in office 1983-1996

http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/apcity/unpan005244.pdf

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:54 pm

You forgot to add with active BiPartisan support. The Labour party left things like Medibank only to be sold off by whom? The Libs came in and sold everything leaving zero for the social good.

Your initial atgument was related to Aged Care and privatization. None of the stuff you quoted has any relationship to Aged Care.

If you are really so concerned about aged care you should see how the Libs have aided and abetted the requirement of private aged care facilities to take on a % of pensioner beds. At the same time check out how the same have screwed over the funding mix for high and low needs “clients”

With respect to Utilties even Jeff Prick Kennett admits he stuffed up with selling them off to private companies whose motivation is profit before service: that is the single biggest reason why utility prices are so high now.

Of course, don’t let detail get in the way of reality.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:26 am

https://twitter.com/the_shb/status/1158936626313093121

"Later, a whistleblower came forward and told us she had witnessed a carer deliberately abusing and mistreating Dad. Moving his wheelchair away from the bed so he was immobile. Taunting him verbally. Leaving him in distress in soiled incontinence pads on purpose.

I was enraged and sickened. I expected the facility to fire his abuser immediately. But what happened next shocked me to my core.

The facility’s manager wasn’t upset about what had happened to Dad. He was upset that the whistleblower had come to us and not him."

Fear and loathing: our elders deserve so much better than this

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/fear-and-loathing-our-elders-deserve-so-much-better-than-this/news-story/0846a076b810c4f14600da605d87f349

"Mum and I attended a meeting with the management. The meeting was on St Patrick’s Day. I ­remember this vividly because when the facility manager walked into the meeting room to discuss Dad’s abuse, he was wearing a huge, lurid green mardi gras-style shamrock necklace. He hadn’t even seen fit to attend the meeting in attire that reflected the gravity of the situation. It was utterly surreal. As I was trying to express my rage and sorrow at what Dad had endured, my eyes kept snagging on the necklace. It said it all.

I was distraught. I went to the police. I went to Elder Abuse. I went to the regulator, the Aged Care Complaints Commission (ACCC), and made a formal ­complaint.

I was shocked that none of them — not even the ACCC — had the power to pursue the abusive carer. It was a lonely and exhausting time. Nobody seemed interested in the most worrisome aspect of the story: that Dad’s abuser was still in the system, ­entrusted with caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our community."
K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:07 pm

On the day he died, John Reimers' head was trapped by a drawer for 45 minutes

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/on-the-day-he-died-john-reimers-head-was-trapped-by-a-drawer-for-45-minutes-20190826-p52kr4.html

"Ms Jamieson said the inquest was hindered by Ms Portway's failure to appear before the inquest and give critical evidence and it remained unclear if she had first-aid training."

Shocked Shocked

Can't inquests force people to appear before them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: