Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Prelim. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching all the usual shows on fox footy and they are very Melbourne centric
No not the city the team.
They've taken on everyone else's second side apparently
Whilst Richmond have had there fair share of media stories mainly surrounding dusty and his cork our coverage has been limited as I see
There's 2 games this weekend
So fair coverage would be 50/50 but it's far from the case
On the low down last night a 60 minute program there was 44 minutes on the program of actual footy
Of that 44 minutes 14 minutes were dedicated to Melbourne 12 minutes decided to Richmond and 10 minutes dedicated to west coast and 8 to us
Yes there was some cross over in referencing match ups etc but the direct dedication of specific talk about us was the lowest
I get that Melbourne have been so pathetic for so long that any form of success is blown out of proportion but IMO this has gone way over the top (sort of reminds me of the dogs run in 2016 and Richmond last year the media have made up there minds who they want to win the game already)
During the week Robbo on afl 360 made several stinging comments now Richmond and West Coast had not opened the doors for player interviews and alike but Collingwood and Melbourne had been very obliging in access to players
He made a valid point media organisations put in billions to the game and with only 2 games on they need all the clubs involved to be giving of there time so they can get stories to the supporters
Well rant over I can't wait to get to the ground tonight and cheer on the mighty magpies to a glorious victory
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:23 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've been watching all the usual shows on fox footy and they are very Melbourne centric
No not the city the team.
They've taken on everyone else's second side apparently
Whilst Richmond have had there fair share of media stories mainly surrounding dusty and his cork our coverage has been limited as I see
There's 2 games this weekend
So fair coverage would be 50/50 but it's far from the case
On the low down last night a 60 minute program there was 44 minutes on the program of actual footy
Of that 44 minutes 14 minutes were dedicated to Melbourne 12 minutes decided to Richmond and 10 minutes dedicated to west coast and 8 to us
Yes there was some cross over in referencing match ups etc but the direct dedication of specific talk about us was the lowest
I get that Melbourne have been so pathetic for so long that any form of success is blown out of proportion but IMO this has gone way over the top (sort of reminds me of the dogs run in 2016 and Richmond last year the media have made up there minds who they want to win the game already)
During the week Robbo on afl 360 made several stinging comments now Richmond and West Coast had not opened the doors for player interviews and alike but Collingwood and Melbourne had been very obliging in access to players
He made a valid point media organisations put in billions to the game and with only 2 games on they need all the clubs involved to be giving of there time so they can get stories to the supporters
Well rant over I can't wait to get to the ground tonight and cheer on the mighty magpies to a glorious victory

I think it's great we aren't receiving top billing, let's focus on the game.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 am

Player ratings:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-21/player-ratings-richmond-v-collingwood
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 am

The media coverage is going to have zilch to do with the result.

It's interesting to note the comments of some of those above who think that Richmond will be really nervous about having to play us. The truth may be the exact opposite. I have spoken to some who are close to the club and they see this game as a certainty for them, the real question being which team will they be playing in the GF.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 am

this is going to be a very long day! im a nervous wreck! No matter what happens i know im going to be so damn proud of this team right now, but with our backs to the wall, OMG, i dont want this dream to be over!! what a year it has been! best roller coaster ride ever! and who knows? we may keep soaring to next week! C'mon Pies, you fricken beauty!!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:41 am

I'm quietly confident. We took it right up to them in round 19, but fell short thanks to injuries, a few missing stars (Treloar and JDG), and umpires letting the Tigers do what they want with Cox.

If Cox gets a free in the first quarter, it's on boys!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:43 am

How do you assume this statement holds true for me?
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:53 am

It's important for the Pies to dominate early with scoreboard pressure. If we can magically get out to a 5-6 goal lead early then we simply need to maintain that lead for the rest of the game. If it's neck and neck late in the game, they could easily overrun us.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:42 am

Astbury sent home with flu virus. He toweled us up last time, so this'll be good news for us if he doesn't go to the 'G.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:47 am

tbaker wrote:
John Wren wrote:
rosebury (8 ), ryan (25) and stevic (9)

At least we haven't got #23 (Findlay) - he is Cox-blind

MagpieBat wrote:
Oh, Dyso's going to love this.

Mind you, he thinks all umpires are scum of the Earth anyway....

And shitsack cheat bald dog Nicholls has been consigned to Perth, along with Meredith; small mercies.

Would have copped Ray again though, he was tolerable last week.

Can only pray Stevic doesn't bring his Whorethorn form with him to MCG.
So no matter where you are tonight, and if we are getting slaughtered by the whistling turds, and in the distance you can faintly hear "Stevic - YOU DOG!" in the wind, then that will be me bellowing from the Gold Coast...

Go the Pies; do it for everybody who goes week-in/week-out, and couldn't get a ticket for tonight.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:53 am

Ray was good last week. Never thought I'd say it.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:10 pm

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-all-the-latest-footy-news-ahead-of-richmond-v-collingwood/live-coverage/3fd6ee54c83d38e4f20c81b854b12ba0

Prelim mail: Tigers on standby for late change

– Lauren Wood

RICHMOND defender David Astbury is battling illness ahead of tonight's epic preliminary final against Collingwood.

The 27-year-old has been struck down with a flu-like virus this week and was sent home from the club yesterday, essentially quarantined from his teammates.

He will be given until later today to put his hand up to play, with Ryan Garthwaite a likely replacement if the premiership backman doesn't get up.

It is understood that the Richmond medical department was initially not too concerned about the illness but Astbury will be given the remainder of the day to give himself every chance to recover as much as he can before any call is made.

Astbury has missed just two games this season, Round 22 with an Achilles complaint and Round 13 with an ankle injury. He was replaced on both occasions by Garthwaite for his only two AFL appearances.

Football boss Neil Balme said yesterday's action was precautionary but admitted Astbury would be given until a few hours before game time to prove his health.
"They (medicos) weren't too concerned, and to be fair today they're not too worried that it will keep him out," he said.
"But it won't be until he's up and about later today (that it'll be decided)."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24   

Jump to: