Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Prelim. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We'll shit it in.

OK I will bite !! Look, I keep thinking, over and over, that we have had only 6 days rest, compared to Tigers two whole weeks, they have to be fresher, surely ?? In a tight and tough game, red hot go by us, is it logical to think, we may tire out towards the end, and they win by about 11 points or so ??

So, tell me, not just you, others here too, please tell me at least 3 good reasons as to why we should de rail the Tiger train. ????

HOW are we going to shit it in, please explain, anybody ???? Surprised Surprised

I guess I'm almost always a glass half full kinda guy, and that's just the way I roll. But even taking that into account, when I look at the Richmond team and then at ours, I can't help thinking we are a much better team. I honestly think that had we not been cruelled by so many injuries to key players this year, we would have finished top of the ladder. All games, but especially finals are won and lost in the midfield, and this is where we are much, much better than the Tigers, with the class of Pendles, Treloar, Adams, Sidey and the 'chosen one' in Sier. Not only are our midfielders better than the Tigers, but our depth in that area is much deeper. We also have the best ruckman in the AFL, and historically, ruck dominance is crucial in finals. In my mind, the Tigers only have 4 clear match winners in Dusty, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt. We, however, have Grundy, Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Howe and De Goey. Forget about ladder positions, or our recent losses, as we were stuffed by injuries. Right now we are a much, much better team and I predict we'll do to the Tigers what we did to the Cats in the 2010 Prelim. We'll moida da bums!

Thanks mate, all good points there, well laid out, my faith is a little restored now. !! I shall keep re reading what you just said, and what Stui said in his response post to, up until the match starts. ! Gawd, id give ANYTHING to beat these arrogant tossers, so cocky, not so much their players but their insufferable bogan fans,those Punt rd end ferals, so over confident, id cherish winning this match for yrs !!!! Smile Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Don't worry pnc, I know all about those Tiger ferals as I went to Richmond high School! Can't wait to give it to a few of my old mates!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:06 pm

We need to redeem ourselves for 1980 alone!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:13 pm

I actually quite like the idea of sending Mayne to Rance.

He did the job on McGovern and you sense to win this game we need to force something different on Richmond.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Why can we win this time?
We were 4pts down last time and were down Howe and Schaz in our rotations come the last quarter.

We bring in De Goey and Treloar into our line up to add leg speed and strength in the contest plus Aish and Sier are also available.

Martin is clearly not fully fit. He may play more forward and I think Maynard is in reasonable shape to take him if he does spend more time there, rather than drifting forward from the mid-field while Greenwood tries to hold him.

but
Richmond's strength is their backline. Rance, Grimes, Astbury are all very effective talls. Vlastuin is a very handy marking half back too. We're going to have to withstand the pressure from up the field and lower our eyes, rather than bomb away. Grimes went to WHE last time but might take DeGoey this time. We can't rely too much upon De Goey taking marks and then converting given Grimes has genuine speed (remember him running down Jaidyn?) and DeGoey's kicking has been suspect (again at training yesterday). It would be good to get the ball in Thomas, WHE and Mihocek's hands, while Richmond focus on stopping Cox and DeGeoy, as they are the straighter kicks for goal. We need to have multiple avenues to goal. We were too DeGoey reliant last week, but that proved to be OK as he was too good for Buntine and Haynes. Grimes should have been in the AA side. He is a very effective defender.

Richmond are used to conceding the stoppages and launching their attacks from half back. If we can hit up our targets, it greatly reduces their ability to hit the scoreboard. Cox clunking a couple will assist in this respect.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but a big difference between this game and our previous 2 encounters is that this is a night game. Plus IIRC, for most of our recent history (vs Richmond), the games have been closer when at night. Anyone suspect it will be a factor?
Adz 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:51 pm

tbaker wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but a big difference between this game and our previous 2 encounters is that this is a night game. Plus IIRC, for most of our recent history (vs Richmond), the games have been closer when at night. Anyone suspect it will be a factor?

Sadly this helps them, as we tend to not handle the greedy conditions well.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Adz wrote:
tbaker wrote:

Sadly this helps them, as we tend to not handle the greedy conditions well.
f

Are you meaning channel 7 or the AFL?

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:02 pm

This has shades of ‘07 for mine. I just hope we’re a kick up rather than down! Win this we win the flag.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Haff wrote:
This has shades of ‘07 for mine. I just hope we’re a kick up rather than down! Win this we win the flag.

Tru dat.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 pm

No changes (for both teams)

Bring it on!

(Blair named as an emergency)

Last edited by Woods on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Went on another run, didn't go to the same area as last time as I thought that would be tempting fate and still got swooped. Didn't actually get hit, so not sure whether we will win or fall just short. Gotta mean something other than its magpie breeding season right?
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Emergencies:

Blair, C Brown, Madgen & Reid.

If there were to be a late out, I would suspect it to be Sier. But ghee whizzikers, if it's Blair who comes in, some people on here will implode. Shocked

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:02 pm

No change at the Tigers either. No Butler is ok for us. He kicked 3 against us first time around.

I’m torn on Maynes role. I get the idea of him playing on Rance but I think Rance is to strong for Mayne. You won’t lead Rance away from the play.
Clubs have been trying that for years and it doesn’t work, he just holds his position in the zone and lets it unfold around him. I remember Harry Taylor got hold of him earlier in the year and Harry is a big boy who judges the ball drop really well. It’s going to be a definitive match up.

I think I prefer Mayne on McIntosh who kicked three against the Hawks in the first final.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:05 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
No change at the Tigers either. No Butler is ok for us. He kicked 3 against us first time around.

I’m torn on Maynes role. I get the idea of him playing on Rance but I think Rance is to strong for Mayne. You won’t lead Rance away from the play.
Clubs have been trying that for years and it doesn’t work, he just holds his position in the zone and lets it unfold around him. I remember Harry Taylor got hold of him earlier in the year and Harry is a big boy who judges the ball drop really well. It’s going to be a definitive match up.

I think I prefer Mayne on McIntosh who kicked three against the Hawks in the first final.

I was thinking Mayne could just about tag Houli in the backline and stop their rebound a fair bit

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24   

Jump to: