Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Prelim. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Skids wrote:
wow wee.... boy oh boy.

I was gunna head over(from WA) for this.... have a gander at flight prices.

They obviously dont want us to come.

I heard somewhere that the going rate for a return flight from Melbourne to Perth (for Melbourne supporters) is $2400?????? That's a fu*(ng disgrace.

That’s OK MEL supporters need to be stung, they can afford it, toffs!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Jpies wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Greenwood to Dusty except when Dusty goes forward. A different opponent on the last line. Can't let him get too many one-on-one's.

I'd send Maynard to him when he goes forward... not just on his efforts last night, but you'd think he has the height, strength and pace to match him.

Tend to agree. You just have to be careful when you roll over your opponents. The transition is when a lot of the damage is done. I keep saying it, one out in the goal square isn’t for everyone. Maynard and Goldsack thrive on it but most don’t.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Richmond $1.38

Pies $3.10.... I can win enough here to pay for my GF trip Cool

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:53 pm

Unchanged....

But tell Adams to stop being a d!ckhead and pay footy rather than trying to be a pseudo tough guy.

Mayne, Howe and Greenwood should NEVER, EVER kick across the group...EVER. They suck!

On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:00 pm

I think its unlikely we make any changes assuming all fit. The 22 deserve it given where they have got us to.

However if I had my way I'd bring Moore in just to increase options. The back line stays as is.

On the face of it we have absolutely no chance - but that's when we are at our most dangerous.

Go Pies!
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Cam wrote:
Aish was pretty handy last night, with lots of quality touches. So, no love for that.

Fans been Shitting on Aish in Finals which I find is way to Harsh Evil or Very Mad

Unlike the utter sh$t you wrote in the game thread?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:45 pm

I hear you. Sometimes I think love is just a biological urge. Other times LOVE seems like a spiritual quality. Love, unlike energy or matter, seems limitless.
Crazypie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Crazypie wrote:
2 off games for pies in a row where we all know we can play better but still made the prelim...

Tigs will be rusty and we will be on song.

Pies unchanged.

Pies by 36pts.

I’m not sure about having off games and not playing well but still winning.
There’s been a quality opposition against us trying to also do what we are trying to do them.
You don’t win four quarters against good opposition but good teams maximise their opportunities when they present.
I thought we were very good against the Giants but just didnt hit the scoreboard on the night. Pressure does funny things to humans but It can also very change quickly.

I wasn't implying we didn't deserve the win last night. I was meaning 2 off games, that I feel, we could play better.

The west coast game we lost (but I felt we could play better)

Last night's game we had 58 inside 50 for 32 shots at goal but only scored 69 points, and worst of all only 9 goals.

I just feel from what I have seen this year we can play better. And when this young group realise that the sky is the limit.

I feel our midfield is the best in the comp.

Our defence is standing up week in week out.

Our forward line is young and developing and when they are on song which they are due for given they have had 2 quieter weeks in a row (just my opinion) we can absolutely smash the tigers and hence why I think we go in unchanged and pies by 36....

GO PIE$!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:26 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The chemistry with the current 22 is spot on, so I can't see there being any changes.

For whatever reason, Moore has proved to be physically unreliable. Same probably goes for Reid. As the tigers really only have one tall forward anyway, we've got a good back 6 to get the job done.

Serious question R B ( or to any Nickster )
Who gets Riewoldt if it’s unchanged ?
I don’t like any match ups on him if we go unchanged. I know we have succeeded on the back of team defence but he will obviously have an opponent and if the Tigers like what they see, they will play through him or isolate him.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The chemistry with the current 22 is spot on, so I can't see there being any changes.

For whatever reason, Moore has proved to be physically unreliable. Same probably goes for Reid. As the tigers really only have one tall forward anyway, we've got a good back 6 to get the job done.

I don’t like any match ups on him if we go unchanged. I know we have succeeded on the back of team defence but he will obviously have an opponent and if the Tigers like what they see, they will play through him or isolate him.

Goldy to take Riewoldt, but he'll need support with someone occupying space in front. As you said, the main thing is a defensive mindset all over the ground and to stop the tigers getting quick entries into their forward line.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Crazypie wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Crazypie wrote:
2 off games for pies in a row where we all know we can play better but still made the prelim...

Tigs will be rusty and we will be on song.

Pies unchanged.

Pies by 36pts.

I’m not sure about having off games and not playing well but still winning.
There’s been a quality opposition against us trying to also do what we are trying to do them.
You don’t win four quarters against good opposition but good teams maximise their opportunities when they present.
I thought we were very good against the Giants but just didnt hit the scoreboard on the night. Pressure does funny things to humans but It can also very change quickly.

I wasn't implying we didn't deserve the win last night. I was meaning 2 off games, that I feel, we could play better.

The west coast game we lost (but I felt we could play better)

Last night's game we had 58 inside 50 for 32 shots at goal but only scored 69 points, and worst of all only 9 goals.

I just feel from what I have seen this year we can play better. And when this young group realise that the sky is the limit.

I feel our midfield is the best in the comp.

Our defence is standing up week in week out.

Our forward line is young and developing and when they are on song which they are due for given they have had 2 quieter weeks in a row (just my opinion) we can absolutely smash the tigers and hence why I think we go in unchanged and pies by 36....

GO PIE$!

All good. I knew where you were coming from. I was just extending it out and equating it to the scoreboard as you said in your above post. If we had lost it, you would look back at the first quarter and say that’s where the opportunities weren’t cashed in. They had opportunities after then but our backline didn’t allow them much clean, easy ball through the second and third. Then it was our turn again in the last. How a hard fought final should be .... as long as we win 😉. Funny game, footy.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Goldy to take Riewoldt, but he'll need support with someone occupying space in front. As you said, the main thing is a defensive mindset all over the ground and to stop the tigers getting quick entries into their forward line.

If we do go unchanged, I tend to agree but I’m not a fan of Goldy up the ground. He’s better when he only has to see the game in front of him.
The Tigers like to get out the back, so Riewoldt will look to lead up the guts.
Maybe Grundy spends more time in the back half and Howe rolls over whenever he feels he can impact the contest.
Time will tell. Only 5 more sleeps.
The-Den Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Does anyone know when we will be training this week? Was going to fly down Friday, but might come down Thursday if there is an open training session, flights are cheaper that day too. Thanks
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Still thinking Steele is worth a crack at 13-1 for a place. Most underrated player in the leauge no doubt. He is now high above Pendlebury in the pecking order.

Bonus HOT TIP ( just coz i love yaz ) : Combine Chelsea (to win EPL title) + Eden Hazard of Chelsea ( EPL Goldenboot ) combined odds = 130-1

Hazard is the next Messi/Ronaldo for those who dont know. Chelsea have a new highly rated Italian Coach with a very attacking mindframe. Everytime they get an Italian coach they win it.

CARN THE GOOD OLD MIGHTY MAGPIES !!!!

HOT PIES COLD TIGES

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
No One will give us a Chance.

So we can play with Freedom and Less Pressure and Anything can Happen.

Gotta Be In It to Win It

Agree, spot on, on the footy show this morning, they all sneered at our Pies, said Tigers are 4 goal better side, no chance, etc, no body picks us. ! BUT, that's how we LOVE it, we are the despised underdogs, nobody rates us against these cocky bastards, and the pressure is therefore, all on them, THEY are the ones now red hot faves,22 fkukng wins on the G, blah blah blah. Well, let em be redhot, this is a free hit against these pricks, and we can throw caution to the wind, yes, freedom, with no pressure on us TO WIN, its all on the Tigger damn Train, and yes, anything can happen. Ive followed footy for a long time, there is NO such thing as a sure thing, just look at 1958, when the Deeees were so hot, they had their Premiership cake made with FOUR IN A ROW, written in icing, pre game, hottest ever favourites, and we beat the bastards.

IF, I was a Tigers fan, and I know this for sure, they are very wary of us, they were all going for the Giants, and we did push em this season, in both games. They are nervous now, their fans, cos they know that endless run of wins on the G, has to end soon, it cant last. Nothing last forever. Throw caution to the wind, throw everything at em, rattle em,and see what happens. !!!!

NO mater what, im very proud of our boys, win or lose on Friday night, we have had a fantastic season, with all our massive injuries, we have done really well, won a Final, and our future looks brilliant, no matter what. Im excited. !! Very Happy Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24   

Jump to: