Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Prelim. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazypie wrote:
2 off games for pies in a row where we all know we can play better but still made the prelim...

Tigs will be rusty and we will be on song.

Pies unchanged.

Pies by 36pts.

I’m not sure about having off games and not playing well but still winning.
There’s been a quality opposition against us trying to also do what we are trying to do them.
You don’t win four quarters against good opposition but good teams maximise their opportunities when they present.
I thought we were very good against the Giants but just didnt hit the scoreboard on the night. Pressure does funny things to humans but It can also very change quickly.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 pm

I’m really having trouble finding a GOOD match up for Riewoldt from the team we played against the Giants. Riewoldts a fine player either up the ground or back deep and I’m not sure we have the right player to stop him from this weekends team sheet.
If ever we are going to see either Moore or Reid come in during these finals, it will be this week.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Like the Rajs of yore, we're going Tiger hunting....
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:43 pm

I know this wont get a lot of love.....

But assuming everyone got through unscathed.

IN: Moore (after a thorough early week workout over bursts to prove fitness)
OUT : Aish (we have enough of his type, still takes a few short steps at times, Tigers will sweat all over him)

I'm all for "if it aint broke, no need to fix it" mentality with selection, but to beat Richmond, we need a card up the sleeve.
Moore can go either end, keep them guessing, uses it well and at worst commands the attention of one of their better backs (assuming he goes forward at some point)

Think its a risk worth taking.
We don't beat Richmond without some career best type performances from Pendles/Sidey and Grundy.
But need some genuine x-factor around them to finish the job.
Drag Rance deep with deGoey, bring Astbury outside D50 (where he doesn't like to be) and kick it low and to space when going forward, no bombs away type entries.

And need to put a lot of work on Prestia, he slips under the guard (Adams?)
Greenwood to Dusty, back the skipper head to head with Cotchin.

Just my 2c worth.
Go Pies.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Aish was pretty handy last night, with lots of quality touches. So, no love for that.

Playing Moore is high risk/high reward/high cost. Dunno. Mayne man had a bit of a shocker after being good against the Dockers [apart from goal sense]. Our worst player over the last two games has probably been Howe, lots of fundamental errors... but you're not going to drop him. Or, dare I say it... Stevo...

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm

TheJonesBoy wrote:

OUT : Aish (we have enough of his type, still takes a few short steps at times, Tigers will sweat all over him)

I'm all for "if it aint broke, no need to fix it" mentality with selection, but to beat Richmond, we need a card up the sleeve.
Moore can go either end, keep them guessing, uses it well and at worst commands the attention of one of their better backs (assuming he goes forward at some point)

We don't beat Richmond without some career best type performances from Pendles/Sidey and Grundy.
Drag Rance deep with deGoey, bring Astbury outside D50 (where he doesn't like to be) and kick it low and to space when going forward, no bombs away type entries.

Just my 2c worth.
Go Pies.

It's not a crazy idea. Aish has been just okay in the two finals. A fit Moore that gets through the game ...no question. But his talent has never been in doubt, just his body. If he went down against Richmond we turn a slight outside chance into a million to one. If we finish the game with 22 players, we have a solid shot at Richmond. It would be hard to make any unforced changes I think. Whatever we've been doing has worked.

Last edited by SwansWay on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Some useless stats..

Collingwood vs Richmond in finals:

Grand Finals - Pies 4, Tigers 2

Preliminary Finals - Pies 1, Tigers 3

Semi Finals - Pies 2, Tigers 2

Qualifying Finals - Pies 0, Tigers 1

Elimination Finals - Pies 0, Tigers 1

Total - Pies 7, Tigers 9

All games were at the G.

Biggest crowd was 113,461 in that infamous 1981 GF loss

Next biggest was 107,279 in 1969 PF loss

Last time we beat Richmond in a final was 1937, in a Semi.

All looks a bit depressing, I know but at least we have the most impressive stat, 3 flags in a row against them in '27, '28 and '29 Very Happy

Of course this will all have no bearing on Friday night's result but perhaps a little more meaning for us fans.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Greenwood to Dusty except when Dusty goes forward. A different opponent on the last line. Can't let him get too many one-on-one's.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:13 pm

SwansWay wrote:
TheJonesBoy wrote:

Just my 2c worth.
Go Pies.

It's not a crazy idea. Aish has been just okay in the two finals. A fit Moore that gets through the game ...no question. But his talent has never been in doubt, just his body. If he went down against Richmond we turn a slight outside chance into a million to one. If we finish the game with 22 players, we have a solid shot at Richmond. It would be hard to make any unforced changes I think. Whatever we've been doing has worked.

Not that I think Moore needs to come in but there'd be at least 2, maybe 3 I'd drop before Aish.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm not sure - unchanged may be good. Moore I'm not keen on; however Brown might bring some pressure to the forward line. Aish was ok.
All in all we won but didn't make the most of our opportunities - cannot do that against the tigers.
There are several players that are improving each finals week - Treloar, Cox, WHE, Checkers - if the side can continue to lift we may upset.

Dave The Man Scorpio

Cam wrote:
Aish was pretty handy last night, with lots of quality touches. So, no love for that.

Fans been Shitting on Aish in Finals which I find is way to Harsh Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Dave The Man on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

Cam wrote:

Playing Moore is high risk/high reward/high cost. Dunno. Mayne man had a bit of a shocker after being good against the Dockers [apart from goal sense]. Our worst player over the last two games has probably been Howe, lots of fundamental errors... but you're not going to drop him. Or, dare I say it... Stevo...

Greenwood ??
I’m at the point of looking away every time he wins the ball in our back line.
Were up against the best pressure team in the comp and it’s not a good time to be a bad kick of the football.
Mayne wasn’t great but he is a flexible role player, so he probably stays on the back of being part of any onfield plan B.
We needed Blair to have played, so the decision would have been so much easier 😂🙄
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Greenwood will get Dusty.

How about... Mayne defensive forward tag on Rance?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm

The chemistry with the current 22 is spot on, so I can't see there being any changes.

For whatever reason, Moore has proved to be physically unreliable. Same probably goes for Reid. As the tigers really only have one tall forward anyway, we've got a good back 6 to get the job done.
Jpies 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm

SwansWay wrote:
Greenwood to Dusty except when Dusty goes forward. A different opponent on the last line. Can't let him get too many one-on-one's.

I'd send Maynard to him when he goes forward... not just on his efforts last night, but you'd think he has the height, strength and pace to match him.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24   

Jump to: