Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's your morning coffee preference?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your morning coffee preference?
Instant
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Capsule machine
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Drip filter
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Plunger
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I buy a coffee on the way to work/school/wherever
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I don't drink coffee
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
I have a proper espresso machine at home
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I have one of those Italian stove-top espresso boilers. Its not a Bialetti but its the same idea. Its a 12-cup gizmo and I have two complete pots before I do anything else, every morning, without fail. For preference, I make it with Vittoria mountain grown whatever, or if theres a shortage of that, I go with the Lavazza. My wife uses the Aldi machine but I dont find it strong enough, even with the 13 strength pods.

Really that much coffeee? Shit, I could fire my house up with that. Just need to attach some jumper leads.

That is way too much for your health P4S.

Blood pressure 130/80, as of 4 pm on Friday, says my doctor. Bad coffee ruins lives and marriages. Good coffee never hurt anyone.

Anyway, I know when to stop - when I feel like I may have early Parkinson's, I know I've had a pot too many. Shocked

Your barista is not your GP Wink

Then again you live close to "The Auction Rooms" cafe.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:18 am

I never go the Auction Rooms. Pack of posers. Its one of those places in the inner city that gets frequented only by people who dont live nearby, who want to go along and pretend theyre hanging out like the locals do. Let me tell you - the locals are at home burning the bottoms out of their stainless steel espresso makers, screaming at the children and playing along to old Muddy Waters records, from about 5.00 am.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:54 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I never go the Auction Rooms. Pack of posers. Its one of those places in the inner city that gets frequented only by people who dont live nearby, who want to go along and pretend theyre hanging out like the locals do. Let me tell you - the locals are at home burning the bottoms out of their stainless steel espresso makers, screaming at the children and playing along to old Muddy Waters records, from about 5.00 am.

I think you mean poseurs M'lad. I was taken there for a take away coffee by a policewoman in my work who drinks cofee like you do. She was after "filtered coffee": the stuff I used to make 30 years ago. The coffeee was very good.

There's also a little place a few blocks away on a corner street that fits 2.3 people that makes a decent brew too.

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:18 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Nothing but freshly ground beans (usually illy) in my Bialetti moka express, 3 pot. I wouldn't touch pod coffee with a 10 ft pole

Same here. Stovetop espresso at home, and if I couldn't have that I would settle for plunger. Pod is in the same category as instant coffee: would rather tea or a glass of water.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Can you just put caffeine in a glass of water? That could be a plan.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:07 pm

^

Too easy. http://www.melbournefooddepot.com/buy/caffeine-anhydrous-powder-400g/F00511

or you could just dissolve a No Doz tablet in a glass of water. Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:29 pm

I have a complicated and quite specific routine.

I always start the day with a nice cup of tea. Then I put the kettle on and make tea. After that, a cup of tea goes down well. By that time, the day is getting on and it's nearly time for morning tea, usually followed by a bite to eat and more tea.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Good to see you in the Tavern again.

As per the OP, for me coffee is purely medicinal. I just need it to function in the morning but after that I prefer tea to coffee during the day.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:03 am

I can't recall ever drinking coffee outside a couple of times it was part of a shot glass sized cocktail.

Tea or chocolate quik is my go.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
.......Let me tell you - the locals are at home burning the bottoms out of their stainless steel espresso makers, screaming at the children and playing along to old Muddy Waters records, from about 5.00 am.

This was the place I was talking about: a little cafe I've been to about twice before: Tiny and perculiar: Grigons & Orr Corner Store. Seats about 2.3 people

http://www.grigonsorr.net.au

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Go ahead, [b]Maybe the problem, try to tell you - the locals are at home burning the bottoms out of their stainless steel espresso makers screaming at the children and playing along to old Muddy Waters records from about 5point 00 am.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:47 pm

I love coffee, Moccona Dark ( 8 ) roast. At work I drink way more, at least 3 cups before our morning (7.30 am) meeting, the first at around 5.15 am. Then another 2 or 3 during the day. At home on R n R it's maybe 2 cups a day.

Do not like the pods or coffee machine brews.
The only one I can drink from a coffee shop is a long Mac topped up with skinny milk.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
.......Let me tell you - the locals are at home burning the bottoms out of their stainless steel espresso makers, screaming at the children and playing along to old Muddy Waters records, from about 5.00 am.

This was the place I was talking about: a little cafe I've been to about twice before: Tiny and perculiar: Grigons & Orr Corner Store. Seats about 2.3 people

http://www.grigonsorr.net.au

Apparently seats 20 upstairs.

Interesting menu. Organic crumpets, free range eggs, tinned spaghetti in a jaffle.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:24 pm

I hold Stui responsible: since posting here a while ago I’ve increased my coffee intake. Two months or so ago Mrs WPT & I purchased as Breville 870 coffee machine that grinds the beans, automatically makes it once you’ve tempered it and steams milk if that’s what you like. Brilliant and I barely drink from shops these days.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:55 pm

Rhino horn coffee ( no it’s not actually rhino horn) I grind the beans in small quantities and then the better half makes the coffee (plunger) adds a little milk and sugar and brings it in every morning before I get out of bed. Not getting out of bed without it! Very Happy

And once up I make another and then another 1 or 2 once I get to work - very rarely buy a coffee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: