Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day - Pies v. Giants. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's in the bag.

Time to start the Pre-Game thread for the Collingwood/Richmond Prelim. Depending on injuries and reports coming out of today's game (which will be nasty) we'll win that one too.
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am

We will win.

Well kick the first 2 through Cox and Thomas, then theyll steal back and get up by a few goals. Quarter time rev-up, and well come out swinging. Well ease off a little in the 4th quarter and that wont be pretty, but after quarter time the outcome will be in no doubt.

Pies will be singing tonight, after handing out a solid 35-point beating to GWS.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:32 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Just got swooped and pecked by a magpie whilst on a run. Can't tell if it's a good or bad omen. Earphones in, it crept up on like a librarian and hit me in full flight on the side of the head, just like Heater on Llama in the 2010 granny. I believe this means we're up for the fight whatever the outcome.

My dog (Maggie) and I were swooped by a Plover the other day, is that an omen? Nasty $%$ers, they are!

Just as long as we protect our turf like plovers do then we'll win. It was a message.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Finals, I miss you!
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:19 pm

No magpies pecked me on the head but I did hear one warbling in the distance the other day.

Does that count?

They're not so common over here so maybe a distant warbling is enough.

Anyhow, I'm quietly confident about my pies tonight.

Sydney really were out of gas last week & it was a bridge too far for them, so I don't know that we can place too much store in that game as a guide.

Yes the giants look good the way they run their system, but I like Bucks "made for finals" game plan.

Bring it on.

Pies in a close one.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Unleash the Pig.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 pm

From FNQ to South Caulfield.

A large Magpie in glorious black and white flew into the backyard close to the back door in amongst the Japanese Maple and the flowering Camelia foraging for GWS and other grubs. The Magpie was magnificent, bold and ultimately successful in its quest.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Im really nervous about tonight, fingers and everything crossed. We need a good start and get some scoreboard pressure. Dont want to be behind going into the last qtr.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Im not worried this year has passed my expectations so whatever happens i am relaxes about

Will probably shit myself about 7 pm

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Both teams entered September with 8-3 records I believe.

Dermie reckons the two late GWS losses were due to a flu virus sweeping the team and they were lucky to field a squad that fortnight.

Whatever. We wouldve won last week in Perth if Pendles wasnt sick.

People giving us little credit for leading WC one Perth with 5 mins to go with our underdone team. Better form than beating a God awful Sydney as far as Im concerned, which was essentially like a home final for GWS anyway.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Both teams entered September with 8-3 records I believe.

People giving us little credit for leading WC one Perth with 5 mins to go with our underdone team. Better form than beating a God awful Sydney as far as Im concerned, which was essentially like a home final for GWS anyway.

Yes, both sides won 8 of their last 11 before the finals commenced.

We played well against the Eagles, but lacked composure in the end to get the win.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Here are Players I hope play better then last week:

WHE
De Goey
Cox
Pendles
Miocheck
Grundy
JT
Howe
Treloar

They play better we should win

Last edited by Dave The Man on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Just got swooped and pecked by a magpie whilst on a run. Can't tell if it's a good or bad omen. Earphones in, it crept up on like a librarian and hit me in full flight on the side of the head, just like Heater on Llama in the 2010 granny. I believe this means we're up for the fight whatever the outcome.

Not sure what this means but my neighborhood magpie turned up for her usual morning feed with a beak full of green maggots...I think she was giving me the hint to upgrade my offerings.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Each day, up here in the Mt Evelyn bush, I hand feed our family of Magpies, four of em, and they have told me, in no uncertain terms, that we are a dead set cert to win this Final, and send the Orange Roughies packing. !

Im confident, a rarity for me, cannot see us going out in straight sets. No way Jose !! Our Woods by 21 points. Lock it in. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm

mudlark wrote:

Exactly same thing happened to me on a my ride 3 days ago!! When a Magpie swoops, they have a certain shriek and you know they're coming and I know all the places they are and I usually stop and have a talk to them and show my face and it actually works,however this one I didn't know about and all I felt was a giant peck on the top of my left ear and THEN the squawk!!It still hurts and I think this is the omen.We're going to hurt those Sydney pricks.Back to my obscurity.

Your magpies are soft. Down here our magpies dont shriek until they have sconned you. I think it means something like cop that you bastard. They normally attack with their back to the sun. They teach you not to ride on the back of the bunch.

Years ago when I was out for a morning ride I saw something black on the rise ahead and as I got closer I saw that it was a dead crow. I saw that as a good omen as we were playing the Crows in the finals later that day. We knocked them off. I mentioned that to a friend during the week and he said we were in trouble now because I was unlikely to ride past a dead lion the following Saturday. He was right.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: