Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Stigma of being a Pies Supporter

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:25 am
Post subject: The Stigma of being a Pies SupporterReply with quote

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/rachel-barracks-for-west-coast-her-partner-sam-goes-for-collingwood-20180923-p505is.html

“I wanted to keep it secret I was a Collingwood supporter. I thought the stigma might be a turn-off,” he said.

Well Sam, tell the judgmental to get stuffed! Barrack loud! Don't be ashamed! I copped sh*t all through school and continue to cop it at BBQs, work, everywhere. I feel like a red-headed immigrant rolled into one, the amount of sh*t I've had to put up with and made to feel like the lowest dogsbody. And I'll be [beeped] if I'll let the ignorant tell me what colours I should wear!

It p*sses me off that when my kids go to school, I have to prepare them to be bullied and teased for barracking for Collingwood. Just over a footy team, and they're made to feel different in a negative way as soon as others find out who they barrack for. It's wrong.

Go the mighty magpies!!!

Stick it up the West Coast toffs and every other club's supporters who have made us feel ashamed to barrack for the greatest football club in the land. Stick it up the bullies who make us say "I don't really follow any club, I just like watching a good game of footy" when asked who we barrack for, for fear of being shamed and ridiculed. Leave the shame and ridicule to the supporters who deserve it - Richmond, Melbourne, West Coast, Port Adelaide, the whole bloody lot of them!

Carn the Pies!!!

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

They hate us, cause they aint us!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:07 pm

Correctomundo

There are Magpie supporters and those who would love to be

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Just at work now, co-workers who said they don't follow footy are now bagging Collingwood supporters. So I asked them why, what evidence. They stammered and stuttered and couldn't offer anything. One girl said her dad taught her to hate Collingwood supporters.

It says more about them than it does Collingwood supporters!

Carn the Pies! Stick it up the haters.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Need to add a snippet
Few years back at a GCS v Collingwood game at Gold Coast ground I over heard two kids about 10 / 11 yrs wearing GCS gear

They were waiting to get served at a hot dog stand and this was conversation

“” Gee I hope we smash this mob”
To which other kid said “Yeah I hate Collingwood “

These newbies to AFL following would only have gleaned that from parents or media

BazBoy 

Need to add a snippet
Few years back at a GCS v Collingwood game at Gold Coast ground I over heard two kids about 10 / 11 yrs wearing GCS gear

They were waiting to get served at a hot dog stand and this was conversation

“” Gee I hope we smash this mob”
To which other kid said “Yeah I hate Collingwood “

These newbies to AFL following would only have gleaned that from parents or media

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

Just be thankful Melbourne lost last week. If Melbourne was in the GF, the media deluge would reach suffocation point.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:24 pm

The media clowns need to research before they blurt out rubbish like applauding Richmond with MCG winning streak cos from 2017 to Friday there were losses mixed in

Not wrapping them up but Geelong in season 1952 won 18 H & A games
Second Semi and GF and 1953 won further 3 before Collingwood journey to Kadina Park and stopped their run of 23 consecutive wins

This little fellow was there that day and the train back to Spencer resounded with Good Old Collingwood Foever every blinkin mile

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:24 pm

The media clowns need to research before they blurt out rubbish like applauding Richmond with MCG winning streak cos from 2017 to Friday there were losses mixed in

Not wrapping them up but Geelong in season 1952 won 18 H & A games
Second Semi and GF and 1953 won further 3 before Collingwood journey to Kadina Park and stopped their run of 23 consecutive wins

This little fellow was there that day and the train back to Spencer resounded with Good Old Collingwood Foever every blinkin mile

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Love being hated.
A couple of times in the last few years a few other team supporters began to feel sorry for us.
Now that is what worries me.
All glory to the winner and misery for the loser.
Wouldn't have it any other way.
May we have glory to us and STFU for anyone else.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Seem to have the stutters
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Tannin wrote:
Just be thankful Melbourne lost last week. If Melbourne was in the GF, the media deluge would reach suffocation point.

It'd be Collingwood vs The World.

Even Sheeds was recently spotted waving a West Coast scarf in the air...

@BazBoy exactly, mate. I have a teacher mate who noticed one kid was always missing on Monday, after a Collingwood loss. The other kids were giving him hell about the loss if he turned up to class on the Monday, and he was too ashamed. The other kids told my mate when confronted, "my dad told me Collingwood's blah blah blah." He pointed out they were missing their front teeth too (6 year olds), and they shut up.

I texted a die-hard, lifetime passionate Dees supporter friend commiserations for their loss, that I was genuinely hoping it'd be a Pies vs Dees grand final. Really nice thing to do, instead of hanging sh*t on him. I wouldn't get that nicety from him if Collingwood had lost, he would have been sending rude texts and posting jokes on Facebook rubbing it in my face. But I can hold my head high.

It's Collingwood vs The World.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:56 pm

Tannin wrote:

OH yes, led by garden RW gnome Neil Mitchell on 3 AW, and most of MSM, TV, itd be all bout the Deeeees drought, 1964, Beatles came to Melbourne, that yr and old farts like Barasssi, wheeled out, to crap on bout the 1950s, and his Deeees, this from the prick who played and coached the scum, then coached Nth and swans, too. Itd be all Deeeees shit everywhere, we would be the hated arch enemy, by all other fans in Victoria too, we would be castigated for not letting Deeees fairytale have a happy ending. Thank God, the toffs lost, now they can piss off to the snow, at last. !!!!! Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Imagine how much Carlton supporters must hate seeing us in another one unexpectedly. They've been anchored to the bottom for so long and here we go again, about to equal them and the Bombers at the top of the Premiership table. I really reckon this one will be the sweetest of them all if we can pull it off. They must really envy what we've been able to do and it must p!ss them off big time!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Never be ashamed to support Collingwood. Be loud and proud.

Most people are told to hate Collingwood, but have no idea why they do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: