Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Mihocek missing a straightforward goal on the run from 30m our to put us 15 pointsbup was the game changer. He had Varcoe running past as well, but still should have nailed it. To go in at 3/4 time 15 points up, I reckon we probably win.

WHE posters that quarter didn’t help too.

Just a lot of missed opportunities.

In the flip side, JK missed a 25 shot at the other end, so there were a few Moses both ways.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:36 am

5 minutes to go and we're 2 points up. That's what makes it hurt so much, losing, but we weren't 2 points up by playing shit football or carrying passengers. We played a bloody good game against a very good team and just lost.

I'm proud of the team and by team I mean players, couches, the lot.

We turned the pressure up to 10 for the second and third quarter but couldn't hold it there when the Eagles turned it up in the last. We made them beat us, they had to work for it, we didn't lose it.

Whatever happens next week, this year has been a success and so many players have stepped who now will have the expectations on them to not just meet but exceed the standards they've now set.

Well played guys. Losing hurts but hold your heads high.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:38 am

Post the match, two new permanent fixtures need to be added to the Laurie Holden Centre.

A bronze of Tyson Goldsack - Collingwood’s spirit animal
The other of Mason Cox post that finals performance.

AE5C8B02-24D6-45FB-928E-3ED316A17838.jpeg

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:44 am

Anyway, we’re all still here so it’s all good.
The most important key is how the team responds next week, win against GWS & face a rampant RICH in the Prelim & lose? Hell, I’ll be a happy camper, we win 1 final & reload for 2019, stronger, faster, wiser for the experience.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Larry 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 am

When did they boo Varcoe?
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:04 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Playing finals, emotion turned up to 11.
Had our chances, WCE took theirs.
Well done boys, had a real crack against a serious side. But fact remains it was ours if we wanted it.
Just fell short and lost impetus during the clutch moments.

Stephenson & WHE, two players I thought in finals would give opposition real headaches, both absent. Might have considered Stepho onto the wing for a period to get some touches.
Cox, dreadful. Was like giving them another backman. Played like one of those inflatable men.
Our Captain wasn't right, maybe the virus sapped some of his energy. The usual Grundy tap to Pendles just didn't fire tonight.

Goldy was our spirit animal.
Varcoe, showed human spirit. Showed true grit to even get on the park.

Some moments -
McGoverns dominance in the 1st qtr.
The coaching decision to switch Mayne quelling that dominance.
Sideys sideways handball.
Varcoes slip (but squared up by his chase down tackle)

Umpiring ~
Vardy push in the back on Grundy - goal
JDG holding the ball decision...
Kennedy's grassed mark.

Anyway, onto next week.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:05 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
We had 14 players tonight who had their first taste of finals footy. Tonight's experience will be invaluable for them in the long run.

The fact that we have another opportunity next week is fantastic for the club and I'm sure the boys will learn a lot from tonight and what is required to be a successful team in September.

Excellent point Jezza. One of those players has not even played ten senior games - Sier, who did not disappoint tonight.

Yep. A bunch of young blokes got to experience the pressure and speed of finals footy. They get to do it again next week as well (at least). All good news for our future. Great effort boys.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Larry wrote:

The guy yelling when you saw us all cheering on the telly, at one point he was getting stuck into some fans near us who were clearly booing and Travis had the ball, he said how can you boo Travis Varcoe absolutely disgusting.

Maybe it was an isolated thing but he shut them up

Also note when their injured player left the ground we clapped him off

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Larry wrote:

They boo everything!
My missus was near their cheer sqaud (she's a Brisbane fan but scored a ticket from one of her friends) and she couldn't believe how much they boo! Bucks image appears on the big screen, they boo, a pies player is interchanged, they boo, a blatantly obvious free kick is played against them, they boo, they're behind at half time, they boo.

They are dead set, the most nuftie football fans in the world.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Wow, what a massive choke. That last 5 minutes would have to go down as the WORST, most PATHETIC passage of football I can ever remember. I feel gutted, robbed and betrayed after 115 minutes of great, hard, tough footy and we looked all over them, to give that performance late in the game I just cannot rationalize that. This feels like a bad dream or something.

I just got back from the game. I knew this would be here, I’m guessing there is a few more.

Go and get £$%$ed!

If you want to lay blame, blame the two posters in the third quarter. Blame the frustration from the blatant discrepancy in umpiring, blame the ducked up surface that had everyone slipping over, but don’t you dare blame the boys for that last 8 minutes where we fell short.

I’ll tell you what you didn’t see on tv. You didn’t see our kids go out for a hitout pregame, before the official hitout. Before their first final. How many in their first ever final? Many with an old school player giving the, a tap. You didn’t see Varcoe busting his arse even when the ball wasn’t there just 1 week after losing his sister to a footy injury. Three players came straight back from injury, 2 from bad long term injuries, and 2 had a quite first 1/4, the other just ran out of legs after doing a might job on Kennedy for three quarters. Pendles wasn’t himself no, but he was in hospital last week for gods sake! Yes cox got found out against talks with bigger bodies, but the final experience will help him too. I’m sure you heard the disgraceful booing of Varcoe, but you didn’t see the massive crowd pumping the team the whole game. And the supporters! It was a war zone! You did see me and a couple of dozen others giving it back in spades!

I thought we were going to get creamed after that first quarter. What a come back! From a team in its first final in 6 long years, with a massive upinjury list! Everyone says we got an easy ride but we took the team second on the ladder to the ropes, and nearly had them down for the count. How $£$%^%%$ dare you question their integrity at the end? How $£$%^%%$ dare you. It was plain as day the last 15 min we were toasted and desperately hanging on.

Truth is we don’t need next week off, we need more finals experience, and the under done need game time. We were not out coached or even out played. Yeah they got a goal through an open back door once, and yeah a few fumbles. But for Christ sake last year we finished 13th!

Win or lose next week as long as we fight like we did tonight, I’ll take it. But I reckon we might surprise em! And we won’t lay down and die against the Tigers either!

Go Pies, Side by Side, in good times, and bad. Cheers

well done tp. Fantastic comment. I agree totally. The week off would actually have been to our disadvantage. We need more finals experience. we brought fantastic pressure to bear tonight. I don't get the posters who would criticise negatively anything at all on our performance tonight. This game will be a massive learning curve for us. I feel already like i want to start discussing how we smash the Giants. And even if we were to fall short, this year has been awesome, and is a ladder up to the future.

I support everything you have stated TP. Shattered by us losing after coming so close but very proud of the boys.

Yes, players like Cox were not as productive as we would have hoped but before anybody detracts from their mighty effort reflect upon their experience and what they were up against..

Go Pies

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Well Ive woken with a sore head after last nights massive game.
Gutted but extremely proud.
Apart from the usual knobs that stick their heads up just to bag out the team I agree with pretty much everyone in that we gave our all and fell short.
We played our guts out and it just wasnt enough.
We will roll GWS and roll them good.

Then Richmond who will have had another break wont know what hit them.

One thing that did come out of that game that has not changed was the West Coast Flog Supporters.
Never have i sat amongst a group of vile, uneducated flogs who have no idea about what unfolded on that ground.

Comments like, gee wouldnt it be so much easier if the ball was round, and why do they allow Collingwood people to sit amonst us.

They truly are on another level.

Anyway my head hurts and my voice is nearly gone.

Go Pies.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Larry wrote:

I think it was when he was having his set shot at goal.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
I wish people would put things into perspective sometimes, just sometimes.

One of the more smarter posts in this thread.

I posted in the pre game thread that I felt this was the last match up we would want in the finals series. The eagles in Perth. They didn’t finish second on the ladder from a lottery result.
The Giants at the G will be a different story. They play like we do, so we won’t have to tweak our game style. Davis is a very good player but he doesn’t zone off his opponent, so he will be easier to kick around and Kelly won’t play.
Curbing Whitfield will be a priority.
I like this match up a lot more.
Bring it on.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:08 pm

think positive wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Wow, what a massive choke. That last 5 minutes would have to go down as the WORST, most PATHETIC passage of football I can ever remember. I feel gutted, robbed and betrayed after 115 minutes of great, hard, tough footy and we looked all over them, to give that performance late in the game I just cannot rationalize that. This feels like a bad dream or something.

I just got back from the game. I knew this would be here, I’m guessing there is a few more.

Go and get £$%$ed!

If you want to lay blame, blame the two posters in the third quarter. Blame the frustration from the blatant discrepancy in umpiring, blame the ducked up surface that had everyone slipping over, but don’t you dare blame the boys for that last 8 minutes where we fell short.

I’ll tell you what you didn’t see on tv. You didn’t see our kids go out for a hitout pregame, before the official hitout. Before their first final. How many in their first ever final? Many with an old school player giving the, a tap. You didn’t see Varcoe busting his arse even when the ball wasn’t there just 1 week after losing his sister to a footy injury. Three players came straight back from injury, 2 from bad long term injuries, and 2 had a quite first 1/4, the other just ran out of legs after doing a might job on Kennedy for three quarters. Pendles wasn’t himself no, but he was in hospital last week for gods sake! Yes cox got found out against talks with bigger bodies, but the final experience will help him too. I’m sure you heard the disgraceful booing of Varcoe, but you didn’t see the massive crowd pumping the team the whole game. And the supporters! It was a war zone! You did see me and a couple of dozen others giving it back in spades!

I thought we were going to get creamed after that first quarter. What a come back! From a team in its first final in 6 long years, with a massive upinjury list! Everyone says we got an easy ride but we took the team second on the ladder to the ropes, and nearly had them down for the count. How $£$%^%%$ dare you question their integrity at the end? How $£$%^%%$ dare you. It was plain as day the last 15 min we were toasted and desperately hanging on.

Truth is we don’t need next week off, we need more finals experience, and the under done need game time. We were not out coached or even out played. Yeah they got a goal through an open back door once, and yeah a few fumbles. But for Christ sake last year we finished 13th!

Win or lose next week as long as we fight like we did tonight, I’ll take it. But I reckon we might surprise em! And we won’t lay down and die against the Tigers either!

Go Pies, Side by Side, in good times, and bad. Cheers

Top post TP.

The most pleasing thing was we didn't lose through lack of effort, like the pathetic Cats, Swans or Hawks. A bit of luck here or there and we'd have won that game. Also, as you say, we'll be better for the run, especially with a stronger Pendles, who looked physically drained all night. Bring it on. Go Pies!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Did I really?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18   

Jump to: