Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larabee 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding effort. Pies ran out of petrol down the home straight. Sorry for mixing metaphors.

On to bigger and better things.

Proud of the boys tonight.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:31 am

Mossi wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Sadly Cox gave us nothing. That cost us the game.

I can understand your frustration with Cox, but consider that he was going up against two each time. and the conditions were really slippery.
I could'nt believe how our mids constantly were slipping over and the eagles weren't, now that is real ground advantage. Sidey's and Varcoes slips were shocking, it seamed as if they were radio controlled by some outside force. Hope they get back on the horse for next saturday.
totally agree, Cox isn’t used to that yet and he doesn’t weigh enough to hold his ground. I said the same what the hell is wrong with the surface.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:07 am

Could not believe the channel 7 commentary in that last quarter. Apparently the Eagles hit the front against ALL odds. That’s funny - pretty sure they went into the game favourites at home in front of 60k fans. It was so frustrating hearing Luke Darcy bang on about it! You’d think Carlton had knocked off Richmond.

Proud of the guys last night, if it was played in Melbourne the results would’ve been reversed.

Sier’s quickly becoming my new favourite player.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:12 am

It was the best finals game so far.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 am

Not much more to add that hasn't already been mentioned. We blew it, plain and simple. Very proud of what we've been able to achieve this year and can't question our effort but to lose after having them on toast really hurt. It doesn't feel any better this morning, reality has sunk in.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 am

Few thoughts on the game and some comments on this board:

Cox - his role is to bring the ball to ground and create an aerial contest. Did he do this? Yes, he played his role. Did he take marks and kick goals? No, not this week but he made a big difference. Agree that he will need to improve but like many others it was his first final

Mayne - played his role to a tea - hats off

Aish - very impressive and quite influential off half back - in our top 1

Sier - this kid is a budding star - already very good

Maynard - excellent - in hindsight should we have put him in the middle in the last quarter when Eagles were dominantly??

Grundy - he is our best player and do I was disappointed in his game. I think he will learn but if we want to win finals he needs to exert more influence over games. Not enough marks and not many clean disposals.

I won’t go through a lot of the others as they have been covered.

It was a brilliant effort but the Eagles smashed us in the last. Interesting to see how we go against the Giants.

Massive fail to the rigged cheating scumbags at AFL House for their putrid fixturing of the finals - they have now created a rod for their own back

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:27 am

Jezza wrote:
tbaker wrote:
^ Well said. Didn't hear the booing of Varcoe on the TV - please elaborate...

Neither did I.

However, they booed Adams off the ground when it appeared he was concussed and in a daze. $£$%^%%$ disgraceful behaviour from the Eagles supporters.

Someone should tell them Adams isn't Indigenous.

Worse crowd/supporters in the game, don't forget they were the catalyst for the booing of Goodes

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've since watched the game over again and in real terms what happened with Kennedy getting going in the last could have easily happened in the first term onwards
He got his hands to several contests just didn't hold the mark
We all knew our defence was going to be under siege if we didn't contain there ball movement dramatically
In the first 1 umpiring error and 2 player errors cost us 3 goals simple
Terms 2&3 we controlled the contest and the way the game was played
The last the thing that cost us was one thing POISE
All our players including our most experienced didn't show poise.
Sidey's errant handball, Pendles handball back inside 20 out from goal to one of our players with 3 eagles surrounding him
When they got quick entries even from hacked kicks in the last our defence just crumbled around us. We didn't or couldn't just halt the momentum and get the game back on our terms.
Our young players just became victims of there own inexperience
Can't fault the effort we tried our guts out
Losing Adams in the 4th quarter hurt us badly. He was involved in basically everything good we were doing
We had 14 players playing there first finals game they had 3. That's a massive experience difference
Hats off to Goldie he did everything you could ask of him
You could have given votes to about 10 players easily who did there jobs well
WHE Thomas Cox didn't have good nights by there standards and need to improve next week.
Treloar and Howe will be much better for the run for sure
You can train all you like buts there's no training that can copy match intensity

Yep, in the sober light of the next morning, poise is the word that keeps occurring to me; I think Kramer says it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BWLvalTAaE

We will be better for the run; huge game next week

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:48 am

fwiw, we definitely had the toughest task of all the finalists but were the only losing team that actually looked like winning and didn't get flogged. That probably makes it harder to take but it at least shows we're not a lost cause.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:54 am

Saw the third quarter again.

Had our chances. WHE hit the post twice. Pendles missed snap.
Mihocek miss was costly. Unlike some, not critical of him for taking the shot. Running straight at goal. Had Treloar next to him, but why give a little hand pass when you are running straight at goal. Only criticism is that he missed.

If we turned 20 points up, that may have been enough.
The Pretender 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:58 am

The Pretender wrote:
Cox was stunningly bad tonight.

Having said that, did he get a single free kick all night?
He gets absolutely nothing because he's so tall, he is penalised for it.
Same way Trav used to be penalised for being strong.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:01 am

think positive wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Wow, what a massive choke. That last 5 minutes would have to go down as the WORST, most PATHETIC passage of football I can ever remember. I feel gutted, robbed and betrayed after 115 minutes of great, hard, tough footy and we looked all over them, to give that performance late in the game I just cannot rationalize that. This feels like a bad dream or something.

I just got back from the game. I knew this would be here, I’m guessing there is a few more.

Go and get £$%$ed!

If you want to lay blame, blame the two posters in the third quarter. Blame the frustration from the blatant discrepancy in umpiring, blame the ducked up surface that had everyone slipping over, but don’t you dare blame the boys for that last 8 minutes where we fell short.

I’ll tell you what you didn’t see on tv. You didn’t see our kids go out for a hitout pregame, before the official hitout. Before their first final. How many in their first ever final? Many with an old school player giving the, a tap. You didn’t see Varcoe busting his arse even when the ball wasn’t there just 1 week after losing his sister to a footy injury. Three players came straight back from injury, 2 from bad long term injuries, and 2 had a quite first 1/4, the other just ran out of legs after doing a might job on Kennedy for three quarters. Pendles wasn’t himself no, but he was in hospital last week for gods sake! Yes cox got found out against talks with bigger bodies, but the final experience will help him too. I’m sure you heard the disgraceful booing of Varcoe, but you didn’t see the massive crowd pumping the team the whole game. And the supporters! It was a war zone! You did see me and a couple of dozen others giving it back in spades!

I thought we were going to get creamed after that first quarter. What a come back! From a team in its first final in 6 long years, with a massive upinjury list! Everyone says we got an easy ride but we took the team second on the ladder to the ropes, and nearly had them down for the count. How $£$%^%%$ dare you question their integrity at the end? How $£$%^%%$ dare you. It was plain as day the last 15 min we were toasted and desperately hanging on.

Truth is we don’t need next week off, we need more finals experience, and the under done need game time. We were not out coached or even out played. Yeah they got a goal through an open back door once, and yeah a few fumbles. But for Christ sake last year we finished 13th!

Win or lose next week as long as we fight like we did tonight, I’ll take it. But I reckon we might surprise em! And we won’t lay down and die against the Tigers either!

Go Pies, Side by Side, in good times, and bad. Cheers

Well said Jo! Awesome performance last night cannot wait for next week! Some of the posters on here can get f@#ked!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:07 am

Adam Simpson:

“When you're 10 points down at three-quarter time, I think two things really helped us – one was our crowd, and two was our leaders.”

I’ll add 3, Mark Nicholls.

Piece of sh!t slime.

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:11 am

I wish people would put things into perspective sometimes, just sometimes.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:18 am

Ya think? Playing WC in Perth, we nearly pull off a legendary victory, JK and Darling finally clunk a mark, kick the two goals, game over.

We blew a few chances, slipped at crucial times, had a few underdone players we knew was a gamble. We nearly did the unthinkable, vs the second best team in the league (who accounted for Rich easily in perth I might add), and it’s all doom and gloom.

Get a grip, FFS. The two top teams are meant to win. Nothing has changed. We play at home next week against the AFL’s plastic love child. So what? It’s on our home deck. We bring the intensity from last night, with a perochial home crowd. Done and dusted and into a prelim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18   

Jump to: