Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark of the year / goal of the year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ TG's signature move was roundly condemned on Footy Classified just then. Lloyd thinks there may be a call from head office to the Giants in the week. Wilson can't believe the AFL said nothing about the issue today. It's not really difficult: they just need to say, "Studs up will give away a free kick from now on." As easy as saying,"Throwing the ball will give away a free kick from now on."
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:23 am

"[T]he league, as well as match review officer Michael Christian, acknowledge at least one of them should have been paid as a free kick. ...

Greene, who was last year fined for a flying boot into the face of the Western Bulldogs' Luke Dahlhaus, was looked at by Christian for incidents involving Swans Aliir Aliir and Nic Newman, two of several occasions on Saturday in which he employed the unusual technique.

The league's view that the Newman incident should have been a free kick stems from the fact it involved two actions.

However the AFL's umpiring department remains uncertain as to whether the Alliir incident should also have led to a free kick.

The league privately concedes Greene's technique is a bad look for the game, and will consider its options on the matter at the end of the season."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/kung-fu-greene-gets-the-green-light-to-play-against-collingwood-20180910-p502uu.html

[I like the bit about the "two actions". It reminds me again of the throw-goal's three actions.]
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:43 am

Jeremy Howe has the final word:

"I'll kick him back!"
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 am

More on "two actions":

"If that's a clear free kick we have to work on the double action," Cameron said. "If you notice some other incidents they were all clear.

"I understand there's grey area on the action, we're not hiding away from that. When the rules are set in in place there's players who can push those limits.

"Going forward, if you look at the Newman incident, if that's a free kick paid against for double action, clearly I don't want Toby giving away free kicks."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hellbent-on-playing-again-this-year-kelly-unlikely-for-gws-semi-20180911-p502zr.html
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:57 pm

voting closed.
I ran my scripts for long enough, lets see if it made any difference in getting charlie to beat that flog from richmond for GOTY
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:57 pm

^ Anyone who voted for the Richmond throw-goal should be happy for Toby to continue kungu-fu-kicking his opponents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: