Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tradewinds : Chad Wingard to Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Chad Wingard an upgrade on Fasolo&Elliot
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 33 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
Same Class
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 57

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Invigoration wrote:
Damien wrote:
We have 4 of his type with over 30 goals this season. We share the love rather than rely on one individual. How many did he kick this year?

If it comes back to the question of who you’d rather get; Wingard or May? I’d take May every day of the week.

Yeah we kicked nearly 300 more points as a team than PA. He kicked less goals than those four this year, but beats each one of the convincingly in pretty much every other statistic.

Who of those four types are you implying is more consistent than him though? None of Thomas, WHE, JDG or JS come close to having consistently performed as well as Wingard. In fact, none of them have even tied two genuinely good seasons together yet.

And Wingard for me over May by an absolute mile considering there won't be that much of a difference in their cost.
We don't need to sell the bank for an good average defender, Dunn is testament to that fact. Even with our backline decimated we haven't considered 12 goals in the last 4 weeks. People are really overstating on backline issues, especially if Moore stays. Worst comes to worst, get another stop-gap solution like Scott Thompson while we wait for Will Kelly to come on.

I read somewhere earlier that May had conceded the most goals of any defender to play over a certain amount of games. As a RFA he is appealing, for a top 5 pick he is vomit inducing

You are joking aren't you? Crisp has superior stats to Wingard as a mid and Crisp isn't even a mid. The other four mentioned have superior stats to Wingard as a goal kicker. It's all academic anyway because the club is not mad enough to pay Wingard $1 million a year to come to Collingwood. The club is focused on recruiting a high ranking tall defender to cover for Dunn who has at most two more years left in him. You should talk to Derek Hine or Geoff Walsh if they have the time to talk to you. They will set you straight.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:51 pm

I reckon we can get him for less. If he wants a dead set crack at Premierships for the next 5 years and he wants to play for a Big team that is.

800k i think is fair, maybe a 6 year deal

Maybe some extra TV appearences and stuff, Eddie will sort that out.

Or he can go to St.Kilda or North.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Stephenson will move to the wing next year.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Stephenson will move to the wing next year.

...and hopefully Elliott will take his place in our forward line.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 am

Jamie is wearing an explorer hat, and his on an adventure.

We gave him an offer 6 weeks ago.

I dont think it would have been an enticing one though.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:51 am

^ That's news to me. They made Elliott an offer 6 weeks ago? Can anyone confirm this? What's your source? What is Elliott's contract situation?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 am

Could he be going to Essendon?

Quote:
Bombers linked to “contracted superstar from an interstate club”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/04/bombers-linked-to-contracted-superstar-from-an-interstate-club/

Quote:
“Big Victorian club” has enquired about Power star Chad Wingard

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/27/big-victorian-club-has-enquired-about-power-star-chad-wingard/

Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 pm

^
Dermie said it on SEN back then ( 6 weeks ago )

Wanganeen from Essendon to Port Adelaide
Wingard from Port Adelaide to Essendon

I guess they owe them 1

Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:25 pm

I remember having a discussion with a mate on who the best small forward in the game was a few years back.

Ill take Eddie Betts off that list now as he is reaching the end of his career, however he was the best.

Behind Eddie was
1-Michael Walters
2-Chad Wingard
3-Jamie Elliot

Im also hearing that Langdon is yet to sign, and believes he is worth more than what is on offer.

Would people be happy if we were able to trade Langdon and a pick for Walters?

Or could we get it done with a straight swap?

what would Michael Walters value be?

mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Chad is a huge upgrade on Elliott.
He is 2x AA and his form this season hasn't been great, but it never is when you're looking for a trade.

I rate him as high as Treloar.

If we could land him for less than what he is asking and it only costs us Darcy Moore or combination of picks and Broomhead, then I am ok with that.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:58 pm

double post
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:21 pm

mattdally wrote:
Chad is a huge upgrade on Elliott.
He is 2x AA and his form this season hasn't been great, but it never is when you're looking for a trade.

I rate him as high as Treloar.

If we could land him for less than what he is asking and it only costs us Darcy Moore or combination of picks and Broomhead, then I am ok with that.

Just to repeat what I've saying, Chad Wingard was one of the best medium/small forwards in the game about 3 years ago. Chad Wingard then, is not Chad Wingard now. To call Chad Wingard as good a player as Adam Treloear today is just crazy. Adam is elite. Chad used to be elite. If Collingwood wanted to swap Adam for Chad in the trade period coming up, Port Adelaide would do the deal before the ink had a chance to dry.

The other point Number 35 raises is, any opportunity to swap Langdon for Michael Walters? If Fremantle wants to swap Walters for Langdon, despite our shortage of medium/tall defenders, Collingwood would do the deal before the ink has a chance to dry. Walters is an elite player. Langdon is a good player but not that good!
Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Do you rate Walters above Wingard?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:25 pm

The point with Wingard isn't how good he is anymore, it's that we don't need him.

If Elliot gets back, he's our designated small forward. Meanwhile, with the system we have, we can play De Goey, Stepho, WHE, Thomas, Daicos, Brown, Treloar through the other 3 forward positions, as we've done this year.

I'd rather have midfielders who can play a role up forward to good effect, rather than another dedicated small forward who if he's down you can't put him anywhere else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: