Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tradewinds : Chad Wingard to Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Chad Wingard an upgrade on Fasolo&Elliot
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 33 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
Same Class
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 57

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha true SwansWay ,You would think the sky is falling and we just finished 15th reading some of these comments.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Number 35 wrote:
Haha true SwansWay ,You would think the sky is falling and we just finished 15th reading some of these comments.

It's Lynden Dunn not Lynden's done. Perhaps a case of mild dyslexia could explain the problem. Laughing It's not like Pies supporters are wont to get hysterical over nothing. I don't buy it. It's gotta be dyslexia.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm

SwansWay wrote:
Perhaps a case of mild dyslexia could explain the problem. Laughing It's not like Pies supporters are wont to get hysterical over nothing. I don't buy it. It's gotta be dyslexia.

Who are you to criticize our forum lysdexia?! Getting are not Wingward we!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 pm

^

U tele him Yoda. Wink

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

U tele him Yoda. Wink

And to think we will have to work our way through about 15 more trade possibilities before our list is finalised.

Reminds me, I heard a rumour Dangerfield wants to come to Collingwood too 🙄 We can bundle up Oxley, Smith, Broomhead and Fasolo and that should get it done 😂
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

U tele him Yoda. Wink

And to think we will have to work our way through about 15 more trade possibilities before our list is finalised.

Reminds me, I heard a rumour Dangerfield wants to come to Collingwood too 🙄 We can bundle up Oxley, Smith, Broomhead and Fasolo and that should get it done 😂

BAHAHAHA! That's gold! Perfect summation of the sort of thing I've been reading on here in recent weeks. Sounds like the type of trade you would try in an AFL game on Nintendo and even then the computerised list manager of the other team says NO!

Don't forget about Blair. The Gold Coast need a player like him and will give us their first round pick for him Laughing Rolling Eyes
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 pm

I think Agent 35 left Blair off the list of key position defenders
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Number 35 wrote:
Where do people get their facts from?

Dunn will be ready to go Rd1
Next year will not be his last.

Goldsack is more than a capable Full-Back

Shaz will be back Mid-Season

If Reid was finished he would not have recieved another contract.

Yes Magden is depth

Heck, even Langdon has been doing fantastic at Full-Back in recent weeks.

I would not be splurging big money for a Key Defender when we can get by as is.

Especially if it means we are going to get an A grader in Wingard

We have plenty like Wingard but ours are more consistent. He’s surplus to our needs. And if you think our backline doesn’t desperately need a KPP with height, all I can say is that I’m glad you aren’t looking after our list management.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 pm

piedys wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Perhaps a case of mild dyslexia could explain the problem. Laughing It's not like Pies supporters are wont to get hysterical over nothing. I don't buy it. It's gotta be dyslexia.

Who are you to criticize our forum lysdexia?! Getting are not Wingward we!!

Good call Sydo!

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:40 pm

I think Dunn will be available in Round 1 given Goldsack has returned in such quick time. He's been out for some time and has been consistently walking laps at Holden Centre for more than a month.
Nonetheless, I agree that you couldn't plan around Reid being available. I think he is realistically finished as a consistent senior list player.
Goldsack is not KPP, nor is Sharenberg.
Magden is depth.
You could add Will Kelly most likely to your list 35.

I'd prefer to have Moore and May as my KPP defenders and would be where I was prioritising if I was Derek Hine and Ned Guy.

As for Half forward flankers, one may argue that we have
Josh Thomas, Jaidyn Stephenson, J De Goey, Will HE, Jamie Elliott, Callum Brown, Josh Daicos, Crocker as well as other players such as Steele, Mayne etc being capable of filling the role. I don't think Wingard is a priority as such.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:51 am

Damien wrote:
Number 35 wrote:
Where do people get their facts from?

Dunn will be ready to go Rd1
Next year will not be his last.

Goldsack is more than a capable Full-Back

Shaz will be back Mid-Season

If Reid was finished he would not have recieved another contract.

Yes Magden is depth

Heck, even Langdon has been doing fantastic at Full-Back in recent weeks.

I would not be splurging big money for a Key Defender when we can get by as is.

Especially if it means we are going to get an A grader in Wingard

We have plenty like Wingard but ours are more consistent. He’s surplus to our needs. And if you think our backline doesn’t desperately need a KPP with height, all I can say is that I’m glad you aren’t looking after our list management.

Right... considering he has kicked more goals in a season 3 times than the best anyone on our current list has achieved in a season I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:16 am

We have 4 of his type with over 30 goals this season. We share the love rather than rely on one individual. How many did he kick this year?

If it comes back to the question of who you’d rather get; Wingard or May? I’d take May every day of the week.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 am

He hasn't had a high-performing season since 2016. His goal averages from 2013 are 1.8, 1.8, 2.4, 2.1, 1.3 and 1. It looks just a little like he's on the decline. I appreciate that he's only 25 but some players who rely on pace do fade earlier than other players - he wouldn't be the first pacy, small forward to play his best football in the first 5 years of an AFL career. It may just be that he needs a change of scenery but you'd want to be satisfied that he still has the physical attributes that made him so difficult to match up on between 2013 and 2015. On the other hand, he's a good kick for goal and, if he's physically right and wants it, could play another 100 or so high quality games (2019 to 2022).
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
He hasn't had a high-performing season since 2016. His goal averages from 2013 are 1.8, 1.8, 2.4, 2.1, 1.3 and 1. It looks just a little like he's on the decline. I appreciate that he's only 25 but some players who rely on pace do fade earlier than other players - he wouldn't be the first pacy, small forward to play his best football in the first 5 years of an AFL career. It may just be that he needs a change of scenery but you'd want to be satisfied that he still has the physical attributes that made him so difficult to match up on between 2013 and 2015. On the other hand, he's a good kick for goal and, if he's physically right and wants it, could play another 100 or so high quality games (2019 to 2022).

Yes, buyer beware for mine. I'm just curious though, as he's been discussed as a replacement for Elliott or Fas, I'm not even sure who Elliott would replace in our forward line if he were fit. It's a nice dilemma to have but bringing in Wingard, who goes out of the team for him?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:07 pm

^ I think you'd make room for a guy with his talent, even if it meant tweaking the structure a little. Not that I believe a trade will ever happen. I doubt we could afford him or meet port's demands. They're not going to be particularly accommodating towards a team like us. A team on the rise and one that humiliated them out of the finals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: