Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tradewinds : Chad Wingard to Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Chad Wingard an upgrade on Fasolo&Elliot
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 33 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
Same Class
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 57

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute gun. I'd be way more excited if we got Wingard as opposed to May
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Number 35 wrote:
@ derkd

Its simple, if collingwood really wants him and he wants to come here. Then we will get him. Somehow, someway

No question mate, I have no doubt the club would find a way...my question is would.you be happy to hand over let's say Sidebottom to get it done? We dont have the picks... we either trade a good player to get said picks or we trade player directly.

For the record I would prefer Sidebottom or if we did go for a big trade ..that we score a key defender

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Port Adelaide IMO will not be in Premiership contention for at least 3 years. They will be ripped apart now and build for the future. So future trade picks will be of interest to them.

Make no mistake. Our defense department is well stocked for 2019.

Moore and Scharenberg is the future, until that comes together, we have Reid Dunn and Sack to watch over us. Plus Magden. Thats 6 players for 2 positions. Maybe we shall need someone for 2020.

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Number 35 wrote:
Port Adelaide IMO will not be in Premiership contention for at least 3 years. They will be ripped apart now and build for the future. So future trade picks will be of interest to them.

Moore and Scharenberg is the future, until that comes together, we have Reid Dunn and Sack to watch over us. Plus Magden. Thats 6 players for 2 positions. Maybe we shall need someone for 2020.

Reid, Dunn and Sack will be watching over us....but from the sidelines...the way it is looking "the future" (Moore and Scharenberg) will be spending a fair bit of time there too....by back six we are talking over the fence in the grand stands?

DT 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Number 35 wrote:

Our defensive stocks for key position backs are thin and now we have lost Murray. Scharenberg and Moore are questionable from an injury perspective and Dunn and Goldsack are post ACL and over 30 yo. Not sure how you can think we are ok defensively

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Well they will be with the Club next year nevertheless.

It would not be smart list-organisation to bring in another key-defender with so many already on the books.

Defense may not be so important when we have Wingard in the mix and were blowing teams away by half time.

Dare I say next year we will have the most potent attack in the AFL.

Imagine the footy we're capable of already, then add Treloar, Wells and Wingard to that

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Number 35 wrote:

It would not be smart list-organisation to bring in another key-defender with so many already on the books.

On the books yes...but for how much longer?

Reid is 29 and done...has not had a solid season since 2014 or 15?

Dunn is over 30 and after he returns from his ACL has at best what 1 to 2 years?

Goldsack is also 30 see above.

That is 3 of our "back 6" ... need we run through the litany of problems with the likes of Scharenberg, Moore et.al?

What other then fever dream says we look at anything other then bringing in a key defender?

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:34 pm

^
The fact that they will all be playing for Collingwood next year.

Dunn Goldie Moore Shaz Reid Magden all compete for 2 positions. Not 6.

We have Maynard Crisp Langdon Appleby Murphy Oxley Smith also not to mention Greenwood has been playing well in Defense, all competing for the other 4 positions

Shit i forgot Howe, I think were good mate.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Number 35 wrote:

Defense may not be so important when we have Wingard in the mix and were blowing teams away by half time.

Imagine the footy we're capable of already, then add Treloar, Wells and Wingard to that

I think you're going going totally overboard on this one. Have a careful think about what you are saying. Port Adelaide are thinking about packaging off Wingard to the highest bidder. Why do you think that is? How many Port Adelaide games have you watched this year? How much of Wingard did you notice when Port played us? You mentioned that his goal output has been down this year because he has been moved into the midfield. Well how well did he play against us in the midfield when we met Port Adelaide this year? So you are proposing we pay 1+ million a year for 5 years for a player whose last great game as a small forward was two years ago and has been moved up the ground to try to get him more involved in the game. If Hinkley is unable to get Wingard to produce any great football as a small forward how is Buckley supposed to turn back the clock and get Wingard to play great footy for us? And then you go on to say we don't need any tall defenders when we have three defenders on ACL's, one ageing defender on his last legs and one young tall defender who's taking his time to develop. But we do need more medium and small forwards when we have Elliot returning next year and De Goey finally reaching his potential. Thank goodness we pay our recruiters and list management people big dollars to make these decisions for us.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:49 pm

^
lol

Port needed Wingard in the midfield, they have a shortage of mids! Thats why Gray goes threw there as well. Because they need their class around the ball.

Collingwood gets Chad, he becomes a main-stay forward who will become a 40-60 goal per-season player over the next 5 years all while maintaining above 6 score involvments average per game.

Something Fasolo and Elliot will never do.

Last edited by Number 35 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:50 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Number 35 wrote:

I think you're going going totally overboard on this one. Have a careful think about what you are saying. Port Adelaide are thinking about packaging off Wingard to the highest bidder. Why do you think that is? How many Port Adelaide games have you watched this year? How much of Wingard did you notice when Port played us? You mentioned that his goal output has been down this year because he has been moved into the midfield. Well how well did he play against us in the midfield when we met Port Adelaide this year? So you are proposing we pay 1+ million a year for 5 years for a player whose last great game as a small forward was two years ago and has been moved up the ground to try to get him more involved in the game. If Hinkley is unable to get Wingard to produce any great football as a small forward how is Buckley supposed to turn back the clock and get Wingard to play great footy for us? And then you go on to say we don't need any tall defenders when we have three defenders on ACL's, one ageing defender on his last legs and one young tall defender who's taking his time to develop. But we do need more medium and small forwards when we have Elliot returning next year and De Goey finally reaching his potential. Thank goodness we pay our recruiters and list management people big dollars to make these decisions for us.

Perfect summation

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:58 pm

^
lol

Port needed Wingard in the midfield, they have a shortage of mids! Thats why Gray goes threw there as well. Because they need their class around the ball.

Collingwood gets Chad, he becomes a main-stay forward who will become a 40-60 goal per-season player over the next 5 years all while maintaining above 6 score involvments average per game.

Something Fasolo and Elliot will never do

If we didnt get a phenomenal amount of injuries to our defense this year it would'nt be an issue. I doubt it happens again, and we need to make sure we are well stocked all around the ground, not just defense.

Defense was well tested this year, and we finished top 4.

Our strength is our Midfield/Forward - possesion/interchanging game style. Chad Wingard immediatley upgrades our attack.

To win premierships you need to be dangerous in attack.
See: Ross Lyon

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Number 35 wrote:
^
lol

If we didnt get a phenomenal amount of injuries to our defense this year it would'nt be an issue. I doubt it happens again, and we need to make sure we are well stocked all around the ground, not just defense.

Our strength is our Midfield/Forward - possesion/interchanging game style. Chad Wingard immediatley upgrades our attack.

You really think Port have a shortage of mids when they have Boak, Ebert, Rockliff, Wines, Polec, Motlop and Broadbent on their list, that they had to sacrifice their attack by bringing Gray and Wingard into the midfield? Seriously I question the number of Port Adelaide games you have watched this year.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Number 35 wrote:
^
lol

Remind me, 35 how many premerships has Ross Lyon won?

Anyway I digress, I can't actually be bothered putting forward another logical argument to you as to why Wingard is almost the last player we need next year.

So I can only assume 35 that you are actually Chad Wingard hanging around the Collingwood forum hoping to pump your contract for next year at port... or where ever you go..let's just prey it is not to Collingwood..because it means we have had to sell the farm for a underperforming player.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:19 pm

@ Matthewboyd

You have named 7 players Wow.

One is on his way out. Have broadbent or motlop ever amounted 30 disposals in their life?

Ill admit you forgot Powell-Pepper lol

Dont test me dude

@ dekkd

Thats my point, Ross Lyon has not won one, lol

Anyway here's one for ya :
Wingard comes into attack
DeGoey goes into midfield

Any footy expert will admit that is a good move and strengthens us.
DeGoey is playing forward atm as Fasolo/Elliot are not up to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: