Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tradewinds : Chad Wingard to Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Chad Wingard an upgrade on Fasolo&Elliot
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 33 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
Same Class
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 57

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wingard is an upgrade on Elliott, simply because he is more durable. Both have a lot of talent. Not sure he is a priority though.

We do need a reliable KPP backman. May would be a terrific addition.

Pacino 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:48 pm

We have a full back in waiting his name is McLarty. Stop the experiment with him and play him at full back
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:52 am

Reported in the Australian that manger is asking $5M for 5 years.

If correct, do people still want him at that price?

I don't.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:10 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
Reported in the Australian that manger is asking $5M for 5 years.

If correct, do people still want him at that price?

I don't.

If that's true his manager has picked the wrong time to ask for a wage increase for his client. Wingard by his standards has had a very poor season and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Port ships him off in a package deal. We need to be very careful if Wingard wants to come to our club. Assuming Elliot comes back next year we don't need Wingard. However watching the VFL game yesterday where you had a cat B rookie competing against a recovering ACL patient for the pleasure of playing against Kennedy next week, we are in a dire need for an experienced full back.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:23 am

^Agreed. No way we pay $1m a season for Wingard if he wants to come to us.
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:24 am

Wingard is a potentially terrific player but to me he seems more focused on external stuff than footy. Used to love him as a player but I don’t see the passion in him anymore. Trading in a player like this is crazy though when we have a key position crisis brought about by injury - Reid Moore Dunn Goldsack (not a real key position player). Dunn is a stop gap player anyhow till we get in new key talls
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:43 am

Wingard is a gun but if he is asking $1mil he better hope Gold Coast likes him.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Tom Lynch - 131 games 254 goals ( as the main target )

Chad Wingard - 147 games 232 goals

I dont understand the media claiming Wingard has been out of form. The last 2 years he has been playing 50/50 mid/fwd when he has kicked just over 20 goals a season. He was averaging 45 goals a season as a permanent forward when he was younger.

Chad is also one of the best players in the AFL for score involvments at 6 per game. ( Wells/Sidey numbers )

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:53 pm

We wont be getting a Key defender unless Moore moves.

We wont be getting a Forward unless Faz and or Elliot move.

Moore is staying.

Fasolo going to Carlton.

Jamie going to St.Kilda or Bulldogs

Broomhead + Picks to Port Adelaide
Lycett to Port Adelaide

Wingard to Collingwood

We'll get Chad for less than what his Manager is saying. very keen to come to Collingwood.

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Number 35 wrote:
We wont be getting a Key defender unless Moore moves.

We wont be getting a Forward unless Faz and or Elliot move.

Moore is staying.

Fasolo going to Carlton.

Jamie going to St.Kilda or Bulldogs

Broomhead + Picks to Port Adelaide
Lycett to Port Adelaide

Wingard to Collingwood

We'll get Chad for less than what his Manager is saying. very keen to come to Collingwood.

😀😀😀 I did have a good laugh at this post...Broomheads value is what exactly? Elliot is injured has been injured the last few years and is showing no signs that will change...his value is what exactly?

And a VFL player in faz has how much value???

I do love this time of year when people think we can just somehow package up players of fairly low value ... mix them around and suddenly we end up landing a star...tell me how many times in history has this happened?

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:13 pm

^
Its not so much their value. Its just the fact that they will move. Port may be receiving more, im not sure exactly.

But Elliot, Fasolo, Broomhead's wages all add up you know.
How much do you think Jamie n Fas are on? dont worry about VFL Fasolo my friend, he is on decent coin. Think your forgetting they have been our main goal kickers over the past 5 seasons.

Wingard comes in along with Rookies.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:28 pm

2 x all Australian and a B and F before he turned 22.
You can always find a spot for a good footballer.
He was moved to the mid field half way through the season after being underwhelming as a forward.
He had a good second half of the season as an outside mid.
Proven goal kicker, durable, versatile and capable of quality minutes in the mid field and our window is open.

I doubt if he’s going anywhere and I think he tweeted as much but please, let’s not sell a good player short just cause he doesn’t already play for the Pies.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Number 35 wrote:
Its not so much their value. Its just the fact that they will move. Port may be receiving more, im not sure exactly.

But Elliot, Fasolo, Broomhead's wages all add up you know.
How much do you think Jamie n Fas are on? dont worry about VFL Fasolo my friend, he is on decent coin.

Wingard comes in along with Rookies.

No disrespect, no question that together that when added together their wages would be fairly high... Our salary cap is not the main issue.

As a side that has (hopefully shall end) in the top four, as a result our draft picks will be of no great value. The proposed trade will not bring in much of value (on current form) Faz for example would at best be a late 3rd round draft pick..more likely 4th. Broomhead about the same.

Unless I am mistaken Wingard is still under contract and as such would have to be traded for...unless your willing to give up a player the ilk of Sidebottom this will not happen.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:42 pm

Port Adelaide star Chad Wingard has commented publicly about rumours he may be thrown up as trade bait by the club.
During the week Wingard’s name was floated interstate as a trade option, before news filtered out a “big Victorian club” had asked to see his medical records.

Now Wingard himself has weighed into the conversation with a hilarious tweet…

“Tough start to off season!” Chad wrote on Friday. “Compound fracture both legs, other clubs requesting medical history [smiley] anything to not get traded! #pear”

Former AFL star David King says Port Adelaide are "obligated to put Chad Wingard up" for trade after an indifferent season from the small forward in 2018.

King has called on the Power and Ken Hinkley to make the tough decision to put Wingard on the trade table, despite his obvious talents.

The 25-year-old who was taken at pick six in the 2011 AFL draft has only kicked 22 goals this season, two less than 2017, and a far cry from the 53 he kicked in 2015.

For some Port fans they must be tearing their hair out at the thought of letting a superstar like Wingard depart - however the reality is Wingard hasn't recaptured the form which first saw him break onto the scene in 2013.

King told SEN1116 the Power should look at trading the crafty goalsneak while he possesses some value.

“I think you walk in to match committee today and say here are six names that I just want out of the place, what can I get for these guys?” King said.

“And then the more you digest what you’re talking about, you end up pairing that back to two or three and then it becomes one or two and then it becomes the ultimate decision.

“Are we brave enough to trade Chad Wingard? He’s the player. He’s the one.

“He’s had a pretty disappointing year by his own admission.

“I think they’re obligated to put Chad Wingard up (for trade) personally.

“He’s of the right age bracket, he could go to a good club and actually become a high-quality player.”

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has unleashed another knee-jerk reaction to a failed ­season in declaring no Power player is “untradeable” during next month’s player-exchange period.

Koch, who called an emer­gency meeting of club hierarchy immediately after Port Adelaide’s round-23 loss to Essendon at ­Adelaide Oval, has a history of overreacting to club failures.

He famously upset Port’s football department last year when he went on a rant after the Power’s two-point elimination final loss to West Coast in extra time.

Koch had previously put coaches and staff on notice by ­insisting on nothing short of a ­finals appearance last year after finishing ninth and 10th in 2015 and 2016 respectively.

After surrendering a lead in last year’s elimination final to the ­Eagles, he queried team selection and the players’ commitment.

He questioned whether younger ­players should have been preferred over more experienced players and then teed off: “We want players who want to win a premiership. If they’re not prepared, if they’re just playing for us because they love to play AFL, they’re not players we want.

“If they’re not prepared to win a premiership for this club, we basically don’t want them. Let us know and we’ll trade them.”

At the weekend, Koch said every Port Adelaide player would be considered for trade after his club lost six of their last seven rounds to miss the finals after sitting fourth after round 16 with 11 wins and four losses.

He called for a halt to mediocrity. Port’s capitulation left them 10th on the ladder after they had considered themselves to be in premiership mode following their vigorous recruiting last October of Tom Rockliff, Steven Motlop and Jack Watts.

The Power will lose Jared Polec and possibly Chad Wingard, while they are frontrunners to gain West Coast free agent ruckman Scott Lycett. Polec is likely to accept a five-year offer from North Melbourne worth up to $3.7 million after Port’s best offer was for three years on far less money.

Wingard is no certainty to be at the Power next year as several Melbourne clubs are interested in him a year shy of achieving free agency eligibility.

The Australian understands that his management has placed a value of $5m over five years on his head after 2019.

“No one is off the trade table as far as we’re concerned,” Koch said on Adelaide’s Triple M on Saturday. “If you’re going to be ruthless, to be elite, you’ve got to make hard decisions.

“That’s a decision (regarding Wingard) that’s up to our list managers. I don’t think any decisions have been made about anybody, and I don’t want to speculate on any individual players.”

Koch however acknowledged Polec had priced himself out of Port. “Jared has been really sought after by interstate clubs and we’ve got to weigh up what we’re able to pay in the mix of other players’ contracts, and Jared, quite rightly, has got to weigh up his future,” Koch said.

The chairman said a review of the club had begun with a meeting with coach Ken Hinkley, general manager of football operations Chris Davies and chief executive Keith Thomas.

Koch forecast a change of ­directors, a stronger pre-season training program and questioned a game plan that he said had ­broken down.

“If we don’t make finals, it’s a failure and we’ve got to figure out how we get out of that death zone between seventh down to probably 13th,” he said.

“We’re medio­cre … we’ve got to have a ruthlessness that wins close games. You can make all the excuses under the sun about some late ­injuries or some really close games, but the fact is we weren’t good enough and we’ve got to try to figure out how we get good enough.

“There’s a great old saying in professional sports that good teams win games, great organisations win premierships. So we’ve got to have a look at our organisation from top to bottom.”

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:50 pm

@ derkd

Its simple, if collingwood really wants him and he wants to come here. Then we will get him. Somehow, someway

I think it would have been harder to get Beams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: