Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tradewinds : Chad Wingard to Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Chad Wingard an upgrade on Fasolo&Elliot
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 33 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
Same Class
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 57

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:10 pm
Post subject: Tradewinds : Chad Wingard to CollingwoodReply with quote

Collingwood are rumored to be Hunting for a Fasolo/Elliot Upgrade
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost too much. Have other priorities.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:40 pm

I'd rather keep fas.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=14&type=A&pid1=3490&pid2=3644&fid1=C&fid2=C

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:28 pm

I doubt he'll be in our plans unless both Fasolo and Elliott are set on departing.

Fasolo I assume is as good as gone but I hope we keep the faith in Elliott who has barely played in a period he's entering his prime.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Does he have history of injuries, if not a yes from me.
matrightyeh 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:46 pm

yes but wont happen

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:50 pm

apparently very keen to come to us, really sick of Westhoff and Hartlett.

www.facebook/the hybernators
E 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I doubt he'll be in our plans unless both Fasolo and Elliott are set on departing.

Fasolo I assume is as good as gone but I hope we keep the faith in Elliott who has barely played in a period he's entering his prime.

Entering his prime???? that is an interesting way to describe a man who may never play AFL footy again due to chronic injuries..... We keep hoping that if we just wait a year, everything is going to be ok..... Wingard vs Elliot is a complete no brainer. One has an AFL body, the other (sadly) does not.

I cant believe we could possibly get a player of Wingard's ability and still address our other needs. Mind you, Chad would certainly free up Stevo and DeGoey to spend more time in the midfield.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:15 pm

I dont think we really have other needs.

Next year our defense will be Good, our depth has been well tested this year. Next year, Dunn, Scharenberg, Goldsack, Reid, Moore will all be in contention and we cant fit them all in as it is. So defense is good.

We need to get another class Mid/Forward incase we get injuries in that department next year. Plus Mid/Forwards are good to have in plenty as the are capable of filling more spots : FP-HF-Mid-Wing

Before Wingard started playing midfield as well ( 2 years ago ) he was averaging 45 goals a season as a very dangerous forward.

In my opinion, Chad Wingard is a better player than both Faz and Elliot. More offensive output, more pressure and able to rotate threw midfield.

If we can get him on at 750k for 5 years then why not? Id say he is entering his prime years ( 26-30 ).

Even if we need to move both players on

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:49 pm

Trade with port? Forget it! That's beside the fact he wants to stay and is contracted. So, unless he's really pissed someone off (not really), he ain't going anywhere!
E 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Number 35 wrote:

Next year our defense will be Good, our depth has been well tested this year. Next year, Dunn, Scharenberg, Goldsack, Reid, Moore will all be in contention and we cant fit them all in as it is. So defense is good.

We need to get another class Mid/Forward incase we get injuries in that department next year. Plus Mid/Forwards are good to have in plenty as the are capable of filling more spots : FP-HF-Mid-Wing

Before Wingard started playing midfield as well ( 2 years ago ) he was averaging 45 goals a season as a very dangerous forward.

In my opinion, Chad Wingard is a better player than both Faz and Elliot. More offensive output, more pressure and able to rotate threw midfield.

If we can get him on at 750k for 5 years then why not? Id say he is entering his prime years ( 26-30 ).

The only problem with your analysis is that none of the 5 defenders you named above are likely to be fit in round 1 2019 and even if they are, they have each shown themselves incapable of being 25 game per season players.

We definitely have a need for a key shutdown tall who can play for a full season. i don't think we have one at the moment.

PS: So if i am not mistaken, next year we are getting Wingard, Beams, Lynch and May as well as two first round caliber kids in Quaynor and Kelly. And we aren't getting rid of anybody in our best 25. How exactly are we doing this?????

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:01 pm

If Moore stays Wingard, a skilled outside mid/forward, fills more of a need than a KPP. A better player than Fasolo even at his best and Fas isn't close to that right now.

I don't see a great likelihood of us getting him and don't think there's anything to suggest it yet, but we'd certainly be interested if he were available as would most clubs.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:19 pm

@ E

Beams just admitted there were talks held of him leaving but he decided to stay.

Lynch going to Richmond.

We dont need May.

Wingard is Offically on our Radar.

Mark my words.

Broomhead and high draft picks is possible.

Fasolo is Gone.

Elliot has not accepted our offer yet.

P.S- Dunn will be ready round 1. As will Sack, Moore and Reid. Scharenberg likely mid-season

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:00 pm

E wrote:
Number 35 wrote:

The only problem with your analysis is that none of the 5 defenders you named above are likely to be fit in round 1 2019 and even if they are, they have each shown themselves incapable of being 25 game per season players.

We definitely have a need for a key shutdown tall who can play for a full season. i don't think we have one at the moment.

PS: So if i am not mistaken, next year we are getting Wingard, Beams, Lynch and May as well as two first round caliber kids in Quaynor and Kelly. And we aren't getting rid of anybody in our best 25. How exactly are we doing this?????

This MUST be our priority.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Upgrade on Fasolo? Sure he is. But so is any other player good enough to be picked in any club's 22.

Well, OK, maybe not Carlton.

Upgrade on Elliott?

What are you smoking? Stupidest question I've heard in a long, long while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: