Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What a possible late September team looks like.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:55 pm
Post subject: What a possible late September team looks like.Reply with quote

B. Maynard Moore Langdon
HB. Crisp Howe Aish
C. Phillips Sier Mayne
HF. Sidebottom Mihocek Treloar
F. Stephenson Cox De Goey

Rucks: Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams

Inter: Hoskin-Elliot, Varcoe, Greenwood, Thomas

Emerg: Appleby, Madgen, Wills

Surplus: Murphy, Oxley, Daicos

Insurance: Goldsack

TAKE THE EQUIVALENT OF DUNNE, ELLIOT, SCHARENBERG, WELLS AND REID OUT OF ANY SIDE AND WE'D SMASH 'EM...YET THIS SIDE CAN MOST CERTAINLY BEAT BITCHMOND!

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:20 am; edited 14 times in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's a Premiership team alright.
HOT_PIES 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:39 am

Yep we might get there by the Prelim

Does Goldsack come in for Greenwood if we don't need a tagger? Can't see who else to swap him for??? If Moore doesn't get up then, he would be in his position.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:19 am

I like it - in reality one of WHE or Thomas starts and one of the mids will start on the bench for rotations but that's nit picking, it's a good team. If we don't get Moore back, it's a little short down back with Madgen there but it's still a good team.

- Ben
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 am

HOT_PIES wrote:
Yep we might get there by the Prelim

Does Goldsack come in for Greenwood if we don't need a tagger? Can't see who else to swap him for??? If Moore doesn't get up then, he would be in his position.

Goldsack hasn't played a meaningful game in anger all season, so at this stage is insurance.
Moore's spot would be taken by Madgen if he doesn't get up.
Greenwood almost a lock...gets the big job on Dusty in the GF.
I'm very confident whether we play Wet Toast here or there in that first final...we'll beat 'em.

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 am

Moore has played in 7 games. We won one of them, One. Out of seven. Six losses. Moore can't stay on the park. Pick someone else. Anyone else. Pick someone who won't spend most of the game in the rooms or on the back seat of the bench wearing a tracksuit.

Of our 14 wins, Moore has played in one.

Out of our 7 losses, Moore has played in 6.

Whatever you might say about Crocker or Blair (never mind the various better players we have available), at least they are a fair chance to be out on the MCG for the whole game.

--------------------------------------

Goldsack has always been a player who takes a long, long time to get up to speed. Whenever he first returns from injury, he fumbles horribly. Little by little, he improves, one game at a time. He doesn't start playing at his best until he has put in 6 or 8 games in a row. He has always been like that, over his entire career, especially early. We can't afford a Fumblesack at full back. Better to trust the kids. The kids have got us this far. Stay with them.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:45 am

So long as they are all smiling at the end of the game I'm less worried about who is in it. There will be limited choice and I expect the match committee to lean more towards experience (where they have a choice) for finals games.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:50 am

I wouldn't want to take a chance on Moore going into a grand final with a question mark hanging over his hamstrings. And if we make a grand final and Murphy is fit I would play Murphy no matter who's available. He's in the same position now that Blair was in 2010.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 am

Tannin wrote:
Better to trust the kids. The kids have got us this far. Stay with them.

^This.

If the 'kids' get us deep into September why change?

The only exception I would make to this philosophy is for Treloar. Then the question is "Who comes out!?" I'd be loathed to drop Sier, he is building each week and is a positive contributor already.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:37 am

At this point in time, I would be really worried about Moore's ability to get through a whole game, especially one as intense as a final. Can you imagine the fallout if he broke down again in a final?

Not worth the risk. I'm a Moore fan, and I hope he stays, but I think we should just get him right for Round 1 next season.

Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 pm

I think the battle for that full back post is very, very tight. But at the end of the day, Moore is on 5 times the money Madgen (a Category B Rookie) is on, with more natural talent. He can also be thrown in the ruck or up forward if Grundy or Cox do down early. If J Roo kicks 5 and we lose by 1-12 points, how will you feel knowing we had a $700,000-$800,000 player in Moore available and didn't pick him? Similarly, if Asthbury is blanketing Mihocek and J.Roo is getting hold of Moore, we have the option of switching them. Whereas Madgen's only position really, is key back. For better or for worse, if Moore's fit...Moore plays.

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:06 am; edited 8 times in total
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
I think the battle for that full back post is very, very tight. But at the end of the day, Moore is on 5 times the money Madgen (a Category B Rookie) is on, with significantly more natural talent. That aside, he can also be thrown in the ruck or up forward if Grundy or Cox do down early. If J Roo kicks 5 and we lose by 1-12 points, how will you feel knowing we had a $700,000-$800,000 player in Moore available and didn't pick him? For better or for worse, if Moore's fit...Moore plays.

It's a difficult judgment call. If Moore had played several games in a row prior to a final at any stage this season, you'd be more confident in rolling the dice. I put the same question to my father. Would you bring Moore in for a final? He was on the fence too. Whether it's for reasons of superstition or his inability to play two games in the row, it hasn't worked out with him this season. All you can do is look at the evidence thus far and there's nothing there to give us any confidence in him. A fit Moore is a walk-up start. But losing a KPP in a final is WAY harder to cover than losing a mid. An injury to him could be the difference between us winning and losing. However a fit Madgen won't give you quite as much as a fit Moore so do you take the safer, less talented but more predictable bet?

I'm torn.
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Look, I really like Madgen and he's next in. If Howe, Langdon or Moore miss...he plays. If Grundy, Cox or Mihocek miss...he plays (with Moore going forward).
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:13 pm

I can only see Howe, Treloar (if he recovers) and maybe Murray breaking back in.

Moore has been only been sidelined 2 weeks so far with his hammy, it will be only be a 4 week recover when we play our first final and history shows that Darcy takes a lot longer to recover from hammies than the conventional 4 weeks.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
Look, I really like Madgen and he's next in. If Howe, Langdon or Moore miss...he plays. If Grundy, Cox or Mihocek miss...he plays (with Moore going forward).

I REALLY want Moore to play. I think it would be great to see him have a big impact in a final. Perhaps it would put my mind as ease more if Buck's and the coaching panel could maybe put together a backup game plan in the event that Moore does go down in a game. So at least we're not left holding the bag and scrambling to get control of the game in his absence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: