Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to Hunker in the Bunker!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:00 pm
Post subject: Time to Hunker in the Bunker!!Reply with quote

Look, I admit it guys, I don't do Grand Finals well, I kinda suffer a form of GF PTSD, brought on by dreadful memories of TEN, yep, TEN, losing GFs I have witnessed, for only 2 wins. For me, its really stressful, ive seen so many cockups, stuffups, fisacos, sheer bad rotten luck, in GFs for our Magpies. 1970 did it for me, a young teen back then, I never got over it, 8 goals up and we still cocked it up, I was just devastated, we were red hot faves too. 2011 was hard to take, we should have won that, total stuff up by MM, I reckon. !

So, now we are here, yet another GF, and im as anxious as ever, nerves, anxiety, really kicking in now. Look, I am actually quietly confident that we may just actually win this one, for a myriad of reasons in the GF Thread. IMHO, the main reason we can and will win, is Bucks, he has this team primed, our players love him, we beat the best team in the Comp last week, and we pushed the Eagles hard on their own turf, in front of their screaming fans. This time its on OUR turf, OUR fans, roaring them home. If we play as we did against the Tigers, manic pressure, we can and will win. !!

I just cant see us losing this GF, not this time, this is our moment, defeat is not an option. ! Having said that, im now going off Nicks till post game, im hunkering down in my Bunker. I will watch the game alone, cos that's how I prefer it, its how I now handle GFs, to all of you going to the game, I take my hat off to you, I simply cannot do it, not yet. !

But, if we can win this, I will celebrate this Premiership like no other, it will be a Flag won against ALL ODDS, truly a remarkable achievement, for our Great Club. See you all post game, hopefull going nuts and celebrating, I have the Jim Beam all ready too go. !!

CARN THE MIGHTY WOODS. JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally there with you after trudging away from the 1952 loss and 1955 and 56 etc etc etc

Drunk after but waking on Sunday a shocking feeling

But damn we are there so let’s enjoy a brilliant year whatever happens

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:15 pm

I was equally scarred by 1970 pnc, but this team is different. Looking forward to reading your comments on Nicks next week, after we've secured our 16th Premiership Cup. Cool
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Too positive for mine. We’re toast!
partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:16 pm

I had therapy and will be watching the game with at least one west coast supporter. Im ready for it!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm honestly struggling to cope and get through the week without going mad. I'm riddled with nerves and anxiety and I can't stop thinking about the game - no matter how much I try. Everything I see, read and hear reminds me in some way of the game; whether it be colours or numbers, even omens. Just get the win Pies, I don't care how you do it. These opportunities don't come often and this one certainly came as a surprise to us all. We need to make the most of it and become a team known for winning rather than losing GFs
npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Nice post PnC.
I've also witnessed 10 losing Grand Finals (plus a couple of nail biting draws) and I'm a fellow sufferer of GF PTSD.

I admire your confidence about this Saturday and I sure hope you're right.

I'll be fearfully watching the GF on TV from behind the couch.
I've got my DVDs of 2010 and 1990 ready to go just in case.

Go Pies !!

Colin G Wood 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:35 pm
Post subject: Same levels of anxietyReply with quote

Piesnchess

Yep, I have the same scars and GF record with 1970 being my first. I was even crapping myself at the 10 minute mark of the last qtr in the PF last week. I was waiting for Dusty to limp to the goal square and turn the game like Royce Hart in the 1973 PF. I'd never seen us defeat Richmond in any final.

My anxiety this time comes from the possibility that we can win our greatest flag of all time - not just because of how far back we've come back from (1977 would have been a similar fairy tale). No this time we'll see a real Collingwood person in our coach standing on the podium.

Bloody hell I've brought myself to tears again just thinking about it.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 pm

The Club will give a good account of itself on Saturday; of that I am certain.

Can't ask more than that

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:15 pm
Post subject: Re: Same levels of anxietyReply with quote

Colin G Wood wrote:
I'd never seen us defeat Richmond in any final.

None of us had unless you’re over 80 years old.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:17 pm

I only remember from 77 onwards but yes I felt that pain.

Hopefully this will ease somewhat after we hold that cup aloft come Saturday arvo.

Losing is not an option, although I am so proud of what they have achieved this year.

GO PIES!

Sweet 16!

Bring it home!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Stinga 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:27 pm

Great post and replies, great therapy. Another one here with my hand up with GF Anxiety. Still remember 1970 as a 7 year old, still haunts me like nothing else in my life. Witnessed all the other losses live, what do they say - character building!!! 1990 was the greatest $£$%^%%$ event of my life, never thought I'd see one. 2010 another amazing experience. Our 2018 Prelim win reminded me of our 2010 Prelim and our 1990 2nd SF win - self belief, manic pressure and unrelenting focus on the end goal!. I've been a nervous wreck all week, because of the mental scars of so many GF and other finals losses, but I've got the faith! We can win this. GO HARD PIES, go &%^%&%^& hard and give us an unlikely but well deserved flag. I'll be there yelling my lungs out!!!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:11 pm

Stinga wrote:
Great post and replies, great therapy. Another one here with my hand up with GF Anxiety. Still remember 1970 as a 7 year old, still haunts me like nothing else in my life. Witnessed all the other losses live, what do they say - character building!!! 1990 was the greatest $£$%^%%$ event of my life, never thought I'd see one. 2010 another amazing experience. Our 2018 Prelim win reminded me of our 2010 Prelim and our 1990 2nd SF win - self belief, manic pressure and unrelenting focus on the end goal!. I've been a nervous wreck all week, because of the mental scars of so many GF and other finals losses, but I've got the faith! We can win this. GO HARD PIES, go &%^%&%^& hard and give us an unlikely but well deserved flag. I'll be there yelling my lungs out!!!!

Onya mate, I hope you and all our Pies barrackers at the GF have a wonderful magic day, I can feel something in the air tonight, to quote phil Collins, and something truly fantastic on Saturday. The force is with us, time to take care of business, and win this Flag. Exclamation Cool Very Happy Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:17 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I'm honestly struggling to cope and get through the week without going mad. I'm riddled with nerves and anxiety and I can't stop thinking about the game - no matter how much I try. Everything I see, read and hear reminds me in some way of the game; whether it be colours or numbers, even omens. Just get the win Pies, I don't care how you do it. These opportunities don't come often and this one certainly came as a surprise to us all. We need to make the most of it and become a team known for winning rather than losing GFs

This is so me! I’m a basket case! I have man flu, I don’t want to answer the phone, or go anywhere, except the G!

I am so damn proud of this team, our Coach, Our Club, I could burst. I am so damn happy! And scared, and nervous, and almost out of tissues AGAIN! I just hope at 5pm Saturday I’m crying for the right reason!
Cheers Mr Chess! Enjoy the Jim Beam, I think I might partake in that too! Is breakfast too soon??

Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Stinga wrote:

We must be the same age. I dont think anyone of our vintage or older will ever get over 1970. Losing 4 in 5 years under Hafey was no fun either.

I don't do Grand Final week well when we are in it. I cant concentrate at work, trouble getting to sleep, its just an emotional roller-coaster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: