Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2018 Finals ticketing.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Got through after 20 mins only to be told all allocations exhausted. 30 years full member. Absolutely shattered

Yep, it stinks Frankie...you have my sympathy. Let the AFL know of your feelings towards the matter so that it hopefully changes for future years (I have).

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:31 pm

There could be some AFL members tix still available - try now
EDIT: false alarm - I read a post somewhere that someone just got tix. I tried and it was accepting barcodes but still says allocation exhausted after that. Usually it doesn't even get to that stage when all are sold out.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:42 pm

From Paige Cardona on Twitter

For @CollingwoodFC fans who missed out on a preliminary final ticket, the club are having a live site at Margaret Court Arena. Entry will be $10 a head on Friday night. Food/beverages etc on sale. #AFLFinals #AFLTigersPies

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:51 pm

tbaker wrote:
Got through after 20 mins only to be told all allocations exhausted. 30 years full member. Absolutely shattered

Yep, it stinks Frankie...you have my sympathy. Let the AFL know of your feelings towards the matter so that it hopefully changes for future years (I have).

Cheers, I'll wait a day or two to cool down before speaking to anyone. Right now, all I have is expletives.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:57 pm

tbaker wrote:

Meanwhile the Carlton, Essendon, Geelong etc., etc., etc., supporters will be sitting pretty in the AFL members area taking up seats.
A seat that should've been allocated to members like Frankie first up or alternatively they have made a nice little profit selling their ticket at an inflated price therefore funding their 2019 membership.

Once your team exits the Finals, your AFL membership barcode becomes invalid period.

THAT is what needs to happen!

Of course there will be members miss out at the end of the day that's just the luck of the draw but to miss out 'cause an Essendon AFL member is attending & then laughing about it?
Jump on FB & have a look at the comments.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Sorry to hear that, Frankie.

I assume you tried through the mobile site?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Cheers mate. Yep, mobile site and 2 browsers on PC. Mate also on mobile site.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:29 pm

BBHS wrote:
When I see some Melbourne supporting scarf wearing Muppet sitting in a prime MCC seat I will drop kick him in honour of the fallen ticket brother-en

Guy at work yesterday waving around his $10 ticket in MCC, grin ear to ear. Boss's son. Carlton supporter.. There are other jobs

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:37 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
tbaker wrote:

Meanwhile the Carlton, Essendon, Geelong etc., etc., etc., supporters will be sitting pretty in the AFL members area taking up seats.
A seat that should've been allocated to members like Frankie first up or alternatively they have made a nice little profit selling their ticket at an inflated price therefore funding their 2019 membership.

Once your team exits the Finals, your AFL membership barcode becomes invalid period.

THAT is what needs to happen!

Of course there will be members miss out at the end of the day that's just the luck of the draw but to miss out 'cause an Essendon AFL member is attending & then laughing about it?
Jump on FB & have a look at the comments.

I understand - you're preaching to the converted...just wished you'd be a bit more sensitive about it as the majority who are reading here are also Collingwood members who have missed out for the very reasons you've outlined...

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Do you give sympathy easily?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:48 pm

The sad thing is the Collingwood or Richmond members flogging off the tickets on eBay at extraordinary expensive prices. These tickets popped up on Monday so it could only be members. I know one of the eBay vigilante that is just bidding ridiculous prices with no intention of paying just to get them to keep relisting.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:52 pm

BBHS wrote:
When I see some Melbourne supporting scarf wearing Muppet sitting in a prime MCC seat I will drop kick him in honour of the fallen ticket brother-en

Guy at work yesterday waving around his $10 ticket in MCC, grin ear to ear. Boss's son. Carlton supporter.. There are other jobs

You work in construction, I've heard that a large concrete pour is a great place to dispose of.....................annoying rubbish. Wink

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:22 pm

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/09/18/18/54/richmond-v-collingwood-preliminary-final-mcg-ebay-pulls-listing

So what happened to the anti-scalping laws?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 pm

tbaker wrote:

Cheers, I'll wait a day or two to cool down before speaking to anyone. Right now, all I have is expletives.

Sorry to hear about that FGTH.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:33 pm

tbaker wrote:
I understand - you're preaching to the converted...just wished you'd be a bit more sensitive about it as the majority who are reading here are also Collingwood members who have missed out for the very reasons you've outlined...

TB, so many times on here over the years, fellow COLL supporters/posters have gloated & boasted about being Gold AFL members & their entitlements in regards to Finals tickets.
I have members of my own family who do it!
It's just reared its ugly head because these Gold members have now suddenly found themselves sitting on the outer & it bites!

And I'm not singling out Frankie either, I'm just using him as an example as he's the most recent poster who unfortunately fell into the trap.
And just thinking off the top of my head, I cannot recall who those specific posters are on here but they're here, reading, scrolling, judging...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 21 of 45   

Jump to: