Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2018 Finals ticketing.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgraceful, got on about 9.10, offered the back of Q, no thanks. Kept trying till my time nearly ran out and got standing room. My mother and Aunty aren't standing so I'm going to the rugby and might come across after if we're winning.

But there are tonnes of members of other clubs gloating of their great tickets, its a $£$%^%%$ disgrace and most will probably be on Ebay paying for their memberships for next year...
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:12 am

bucking awesome wrote:
Hi all - first time long time.

same issue here - got on 912. sold out. Then came up with standing room - got tickets. 9 year old daughter probably not goonna be able to come - cant see her standing up or even seeing anything for that length of time.

Preference should be given to competition members

Not happy.

Maybe someone will take pity on my girl and let her sit down. Heres hoping

At least we got tickets - I apologise to all those that didnt!
It sucks

I'm sure another AFL member will buy the standing room ticket from you if your daughter can't go. But I'd be wary of passing it to a non-AFL member. A member of a group I was in for the Mel vs Geel final was busted for entering with a ticket bought by an AFL member, and the AFL member now has further action pending, including possible suspension...

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:35 am

I'm sorry but I find it hard to feel sympathy for all you AFL members who have always had access to Finals tickets in previous years.

I have been repeating this ad nauseum on here for years!
Now you know what it feels for the rest of us plebs!

You're getting first hand experience what it feels like when YOU take up a seat to a Final in which COLL does not participate in.

Sucks big time doesn't it?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Hurricane 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:37 am

I got in the online queue just after 8.30am yesterday. Didn’t refresh just let the auto refresh go. Got in at 8.59, at first it wouldn’t give me tickets as I was early but by 9am I had 4 tickets Level 2 Ponsford which is exactly what I was after. Can’t believe it was so easy as I’d been stressing a bit. Last week was good practice and I learnt that you could actually choose a bay off the map which is a lot better than best available.

Love Level 2 Ponsford, I sit there every week.

Very disappointed for legend members that missed out. I got very lucky. Go Pies!!
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:04 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
I'm sorry but I find it hard to feel sympathy for all you AFL members who have always had access to Finals tickets in previous years.

I have been repeating this ad nauseum on here for years!
Now you know what it feels for the rest of us plebs!

You're getting first hand experience what it feels like when YOU take up a seat to a Final in which COLL does not participate in.

Sucks big time doesn't it?

AFL membership is a choice (and one that doesn't come cheap or easy because once joined you can't just leave and rejoin and have the same benefits). Just like it's a choice whether to be a MCC member, a Legend's member, a season ticket holder etc.
Having said that, I am fully in favour of the AFL prioritising finals seat booking to those members with competing club support.
For me personally, rarely (if ever) have I attended a non Collingwood final that has been a sell-out.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:13 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
^ That may be the case but do you not understand how it is not fair for those that miss out because YOU take up their seat?

Why should a NM, WB or Carlton AFL Member be allowed to access a Finals ticket tomorrow when there are COLL & RICH members out there missing out?

How is that fair?

you do know life isn’t always fair and no one was ever given a guarantee that it would be; not forgetting also some people are simply more equal than others?

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:28 pm

It's a choice really TB?
I didn't know that, thank you!

All I'm saying is Carlton, Essendon, StK, NM, WB supporters etc., etc., should not be allowed access to purchase Finals tickets this year given that none of them made the 8.
Priority should go first to the competing 2 Clubs.
And if there seats available, by all means open it up to others.

The system is fk'ed!
And it needs to change!
We have Legends Members missing out due to the same rights as a 3 Gamer, we have a Carlton (just an example) supporter selling AFL tickets on eBay at an exorbitant price just because he can?

Sorry but that's a fkn disgrace!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:41 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
It's a choice really TB?

All I'm saying is Carlton, Essendon, StK, NM, WB supporters etc., etc., should not be allowed access to purchase Finals tickets this year given that none of them made the 8.

The system is fk'ed!
And it needs to change!
We have Legends Members missing out due to the same rights as a 3 Gamer, we have a Carlton (just an example) supporter selling AFL tickets on eBay at an exorbitant price just because he can?

Don’t apologise for your opinion. Ever.

But especially when you are exactly right!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Got through after 20 mins only to be told all allocations exhausted. 30 years full member. Absolutely shattered
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:26 pm

When I see some Melbourne supporting scarf wearing Muppet sitting in a prime MCC seat I will drop kick him in honour of the fallen ticket brother-en
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 pm

think positive wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
It's a choice really TB?

The system is fk'ed!
And it needs to change!

Don’t apologise for your opinion. Ever.

But especially when you are exactly right!

I'll agree the system is not fair, and does not give the appropriate allocations in a fair sequenced order. It should prioritise the level of membership, participating clubs, years of loyalty and I think also based the attendance of the last few years.

If those seats are not taken up, then it should go to the next sequenced level.

This should apply to all finals and both AFL and Club members for their allocation.

Our group of supporters chose AFL membership over club membership after 2003, where we missed out on a GF ticket. AFL gave you a much better shot at it, with a better cost. Thus our decision.

I attend a lot of games (travelling from Bendigo) and have been a club or AFL member for over 20 years. I'm sure others have greater numbers than this and have missed out. AND that is just crap. Wrong, and a disgrace.

This is not hard to fix. It is incompetent.

I do take issue to you saying "AFL members that missed should suffer in their jocks". What we are whinging about is that the system of allocating tickets has changed recently to lump all AFL members in the same time to purchasing tickets, no logical sequencing to preference those that should have it.

The very same thing most are complaining about.

The AFL memberships are also NON-TRANSFERABLE. And they are cracking down on this and doing more checks. Particularly big games. So anyone selling their AFL tickect is risking their membership.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:51 pm

BBHS wrote:
When I see some Melbourne supporting scarf wearing Muppet sitting in a prime MCC seat I will drop kick him in honour of the fallen ticket brother-en

HA! There was an Essendon jumper & a booooos beanie at the Giants game.
I understand the neutral supporter can still enjoy a good game of football but seriously, why provoke??
bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm

fully agree melliott. no issue at all with clubs involved getting first choice plus length of membership should be taken into account. im more than happy not to be allowed to go in the afl if my team isnt playing
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:08 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

No, that's not all you were saying...all membership categories have suffered, yet according to you the AFL members should have no sympathy...all members who missed out have my sympathy.
And as I clearly stated, I am fully in favour of the AFL prioritising finals seat booking to those members with competing club support.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:10 pm

melliot wrote:
I do take issue to you saying "AFL members that missed should suffer in their jocks". What we are whinging about is that the system of allocating tickets has changed recently to lump all AFL members in the same time to purchasing tickets, no logical sequencing to preference those that should have it.

The very same thing most are complaining about.

Exactly...well said!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 20 of 45   

Jump to: