Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2018 Finals ticketing.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurieHolden wrote:
Logged in, got the allocation, payment processing going through then bang, down Ticketek went. Hoped my payment went through. Nope, ended up missing both Club and then MCC.

Called a mate here in Brisbane, he made a phone call, given two complimentary tickets. Pumped.

Called a client in Melbourne, he and his son missed out, Legends members, devastated.
I gave them my tickets, devastation turned to elation.

Why? Well they invited me down on Queens birthday against the Dee's in what was one of the best days I've had at the footy, and I've been to 200+ matches. I reckon that was the match we knew we were a contender.
+ I've also received other Pies members barcodes for ANZAC day over the years.

Yeah I'll be pissed I missed the match but I reckon I'll be down the following week! It'll balance out.

Changes for this week -
Out : Scalpers
In : Karma

Wonderful gesture Laurie.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 pm

I had 4 laptops at work (hey - I'm in IT Razz ) & an iPhone attempting to logging in around 08:55 - but it was refreshing up until around 09:15 transactions completed 5 minutes later - on my iPhone using the google app after clicking on the buy tickets tab via the email that was sent.

chose best available in the expensive seat category for CFC allocation to lessen the risk

that's $244 for the SF and the PF - then add one $6 for the ballot rego on Thursday

it helps to have the barcodes saved in the Notes app to save time

Great Southern Stand
Section: M12
Row: O
5 seats...

I'm a Legends member and I'd be pissed off If I missed out

3 of the seats are Legends members and the other 2 a home games season ticket members

was so anxious and hardly slept last night

feel very relieved and fortunate that I was one of the 40k members out of 175k+ not to miss out

Last edited by Clemo on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:44 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
Needs to be more seats available to club members .... cant do much about MCC but get rid of AFL Membership would help a lot. Alternatively, make the AFL members nominate a club. They can attend all games during the year but come finals you only get your nominated club.

I have been saying this for fkn eternity!
There is absolutely NO reason an AFL Member of a Club that is NOT playing in a PF (or any Final) should be allowed access to ANY Finals.
The ONLY time they should have access is if there are seats available.

But of course I get shut down & poo pooed every time I mention it on here.
I pay X dollars a year, I'm a Gold Member, I should be able to go view a PF, a GF who cares if I don't barrack for the team, they're the rules blah, fkn, blah...

GTFO & sit the fk down idiot!

over the years i have attended at least forty games a year and countless finals and grand finals. i love my footy and hence why i chose to purchase an afl membership. everyone has a choice. this is the one i made.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm

^ That may be the case but do you not understand how it is not fair for those that miss out because YOU take up their seat?

Why should a NM, WB or Carlton AFL Member be allowed to access a Finals ticket tomorrow when there are COLL & RICH members out there missing out?

How is that fair?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:46 pm

watt price tully wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
Logged in, got the allocation, payment processing going through then bang, down Ticketek went. Hoped my payment went through. Nope, ended up missing both Club and then MCC.

Called a mate here in Brisbane, he made a phone call, given two complimentary tickets. Pumped.

Called a client in Melbourne, he and his son missed out, Legends members, devastated.
I gave them my tickets, devastation turned to elation.

Why? Well they invited me down on Queens birthday against the Dee's in what was one of the best days I've had at the footy, and I've been to 200+ matches. I reckon that was the match we knew we were a contender.
+ I've also received other Pies members barcodes for ANZAC day over the years.

Yeah I'll be pissed I missed the match but I reckon I'll be down the following week! It'll balance out.

Changes for this week -
Out : Scalpers
In : Karma

Wonderful gesture Laurie.

It sure is.

WPT pricing so weird, mine and a friends were $147, junior is a student $111 and the friends son is 12 $44. All are legend members.

And when we register for the GF we are advised to put best available, hoping to get a seat, so could be anything from $100 to $500 Im guessing. What are the other legends going to register for? I can easily stand, but Id much rather sit.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:01 pm

tbaker wrote:
melliot wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
Needs to be more seats available to club members .... cant do much about MCC but get rid of AFL Membership would help a lot. Alternatively, make the AFL members nominate a club. They can attend all games during the year but come finals you only get your nominated club.

Even then not enough tickets so how best to ration them? I would think similar to GF would be best. Cat 1 guaranteed on a Monday and then remaining seats go to other members on Tuesday. Something like that.

1). I am and AFL Gold member with Collingwood Club support. So you can nominate a club. We also count and have the same rights as a typical Club member.

2) the insanity of the prelim final is that as a Gold CFC support member, gives me no, none, squat, priority over a Carlton Silver AFL member on their 1st year.

Something has changed, because in 2011 when I was Silver member, the gold members had 2 hours head start on Silvers. And as a Silver, you had little hope of getting a ticket in the AFL Reserve. Therefore bought a ticket from the Club allocation instead. Which I could have done today (if I could get on).

But taking the punt this time of getting one in the AFL Reserve tomorrow morning.

AFL membership has changed something this year: they now allow Silver members (of any club support) to buy a ticket for the prelim - previously they could only buy a guest pass IF guest passes were made available. This year there are no guest passes, but silver members can still buy a ticket. So we are competing against so many more (including those that just want to buy a ticket to on-sell it at 20x its value). It's just wrong - at the very least, AFL membership should've restricted sales of tix for silver members only with competing club support. We need to let our feelings known to AFL membership over this - many full members are going to miss out, which will affect many Collingwood members (we have the most AFL members).

My email to AFL membership department this afternoon.

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

No doubt you will have had many emails regarding the finals ticketing and thank you for reading this one.

I am writing to express my concern and disappointment regarding the preference access to the AFL Reserve ticketing for the Preliminary Final in particular, but can also apply to all finals.

Im sure back in 2011 when I was a Silver Member that Gold members had 2-4 hours of ticket access before Silver members for the Preliminary final. An approach I had to accept at the time and bought tickets through the CFC allocation. My understanding is that Gold had priority and fair enough too.

I now find when Collingwood are back in the Preliminary Final, and now Im Gold Member, that I receive NO Preliminary Final preference to access a ticket and will have to battle with ALL Silver and Gold members. Whether that is a 20 year Collingwood AFL Gold member or a Carlton Silver member in their first year, there is no preference for ticket access. How is this fair or logical?

This arrangement creates a complete unnecessary overload of the Ticketek system, with all members accessing the site at once instead of spreading it out. Same could be said for the Club allocations (why it is not spread out more to reduce load or give higher level memberships priority is completely puzzling to me).

I strongly suggest that the access of ALL AFL Reserve finals tickets should be rearranged to stagger, prioritising the Gold members with club support of the participating teams, then after a few hours Silver members with club support of the participating teams, then Gold Members (others), then Silver members (others). Similar to the Grand Final ticket access arrangement.

I also suggest there should be some priority for members that actually attend games through the year or decade for that matter. I travel a fair distance from Bendigo to attend regular games throughout the season, both when at the top or bottom of the ladder. For that long term loyalty, I am not rewarded at all. And in fact, could quite easily miss out on a preliminary final ticket this week, despite being a Gold AFL member of a participating club, and attending approximately three quarters of the Melbourne games for the past decade. My attendance and support is not acknowledged or rewarded when it really matters.

I expect it is all too late to change the policy/system now, so I nervously wait for tickets to go on sale tomorrow at 9am hoping my fellow members and I get a ticket. It appears ridiculous, that I could miss out on a Preliminary Final ticket, but I am pretty much assured of a GF ticket should the Pies sneak in.

I hope this proposal is seriously considered and I look forward to seeing this (or similar) change next year. Thank you for your time.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-09-17/grand-final-ballot-information

Which membership types can register for a Grand Final ticket?

If Collingwood is to compete in the Grand Final, selected membership types have access to register to purchase a ticket, based on the below priority groups. Each priority group has a specific registration time.

Priority 1*
Membership types: 50+ Year Members, Club 5, Legends
Registration time: 8am 11am on Thursday 20 September

Priority 2
Membership types: 25+ Year Members, Social Club, Captains
Registration time: 12pm 3pm on Thursday 20 September

Priority 3
Membership types: Flexi Member, Reserved Seat, General Admission and Social Club Add-On
Registration time: 4pm 9pm on Thursday 20 September

Weirdly specific short times... why can't registration be open now and open for a few days.

I'm a Social Club member so will have to make sure I can get during the three hour access period.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 pm

melliot wrote:
tbaker wrote:
melliot wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

Even then not enough tickets so how best to ration them? I would think similar to GF would be best. Cat 1 guaranteed on a Monday and then remaining seats go to other members on Tuesday. Something like that.

1). I am and AFL Gold member with Collingwood Club support. So you can nominate a club. We also count and have the same rights as a typical Club member.

2) the insanity of the prelim final is that as a Gold CFC support member, gives me no, none, squat, priority over a Carlton Silver AFL member on their 1st year.

Something has changed, because in 2011 when I was Silver member, the gold members had 2 hours head start on Silvers. And as a Silver, you had little hope of getting a ticket in the AFL Reserve. Therefore bought a ticket from the Club allocation instead. Which I could have done today (if I could get on).

But taking the punt this time of getting one in the AFL Reserve tomorrow morning.

AFL membership has changed something this year: they now allow Silver members (of any club support) to buy a ticket for the prelim - previously they could only buy a guest pass IF guest passes were made available. This year there are no guest passes, but silver members can still buy a ticket. So we are competing against so many more (including those that just want to buy a ticket to on-sell it at 20x its value). It's just wrong - at the very least, AFL membership should've restricted sales of tix for silver members only with competing club support. We need to let our feelings known to AFL membership over this - many full members are going to miss out, which will affect many Collingwood members (we have the most AFL members).

My email to AFL membership department this afternoon.

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

No doubt you will have had many emails regarding the finals ticketing and thank you for reading this one.

I am writing to express my concern and disappointment regarding the preference access to the AFL Reserve ticketing for the Preliminary Final in particular, but can also apply to all finals.

Im sure back in 2011 when I was a Silver Member that Gold members had 2-4 hours of ticket access before Silver members for the Preliminary final. An approach I had to accept at the time and bought tickets through the CFC allocation. My understanding is that Gold had priority and fair enough too.

I now find when Collingwood are back in the Preliminary Final, and now Im Gold Member, that I receive NO Preliminary Final preference to access a ticket and will have to battle with ALL Silver and Gold members. Whether that is a 20 year Collingwood AFL Gold member or a Carlton Silver member in their first year, there is no preference for ticket access. How is this fair or logical?

This arrangement creates a complete unnecessary overload of the Ticketek system, with all members accessing the site at once instead of spreading it out. Same could be said for the Club allocations (why it is not spread out more to reduce load or give higher level memberships priority is completely puzzling to me).

I strongly suggest that the access of ALL AFL Reserve finals tickets should be rearranged to stagger, prioritising the Gold members with club support of the participating teams, then after a few hours Silver members with club support of the participating teams, then Gold Members (others), then Silver members (others). Similar to the Grand Final ticket access arrangement.

I also suggest there should be some priority for members that actually attend games through the year or decade for that matter. I travel a fair distance from Bendigo to attend regular games throughout the season, both when at the top or bottom of the ladder. For that long term loyalty, I am not rewarded at all. And in fact, could quite easily miss out on a preliminary final ticket this week, despite being a Gold AFL member of a participating club, and attending approximately three quarters of the Melbourne games for the past decade. My attendance and support is not acknowledged or rewarded when it really matters.

I expect it is all too late to change the policy/system now, so I nervously wait for tickets to go on sale tomorrow at 9am hoping my fellow members and I get a ticket. It appears ridiculous, that I could miss out on a Preliminary Final ticket, but I am pretty much assured of a GF ticket should the Pies sneak in.

I hope this proposal is seriously considered and I look forward to seeing this (or similar) change next year. Thank you for your time.

Thats a really good letter. Agree totally.
And Im glad you mentioned the attendance record, I agree one hundred percent.

Jezza had a really good proposal made out, and to be honest I thought that how the system would work, and I was bloody shocked when I found out it wasnt. Its disgraceful.

I realised last night and hardly slept a wink. I drove to Geelong just after 7am and stood in the queue, but my daughter got tickets online after a very nervous 35 min, I was still 4 people from the door, it was really slow going, I was about 40th in line. I really am thanking my lucky stars, not just for good seats, but to have tickets at all. I didnt realise how bad it was til I got home.

I cant believe that tigers fans got some of what should have been our allocation. Its ridiculous that the bar codes didnt point the tickets one way or the other. Reading what times people logged on, how long they waited, its obvious it was a hook lotto, there was no queue, it was pot luck. Thats just not fair. And why will there be another 13,000 walk up tickets on Friday? Why not just sell them today?

Why are the scalpers not getting prosecuted? And what kind of people are they?

And reading the reaction of the club to paid up members who rang them, well thats really disappointing. I remember in 1990 my sister got us tickets from her work, corporate tickets, and a long time Collingwood member at my work missed out, he was so devastated. Looks like not a lot has changed.

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:18 am

M25 row GG

Very Happy to get the tickets as I was stressed out all night.

But FFS, Shite seats. For AFL Gold member I expected a bit better. But refer to my other new thread, on why AFL member have been absolutely screwed over for this game! It is a disgrace!
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:26 am

Q20 row D. Great seats for me (unlike many others I love the low rows of Q deck; same noise/atmosphere as M level; more noise and banter than N/P)
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 am

Logged in and got Level 2A Row P22.

Only $26 per ticket plus booking fee.

Go Pies.
magpietragic 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:30 am

ANNODAM wrote:
^ That may be the case but do you not understand how it is not fair for those that miss out because YOU take up their seat?

Why should a NM, WB or Carlton AFL Member be allowed to access a Finals ticket tomorrow when there are COLL & RICH members out there missing out?

How is that fair?

Agree totally
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am

AFL members sold out just before 930
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am

Logged in okay after nine.
Loaded three full afl collingwood and a silver collingwood numbers but it kept on saying that not enough seats available. Tried all levels and eventually it kicked me out.
Got back in but all gone.
Not Happy.
Time for the afl to prioritise club support members for finals games.

bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:45 am

Hi all - first time long time.

same issue here - got on 912. sold out. Then came up with standing room - got tickets. 9 year old daughter probably not goonna be able to come - cant see her standing up or even seeing anything for that length of time.

Preference should be given to competition members

Not happy.

Maybe someone will take pity on my girl and let her sit down. Heres hoping

At least we got tickets - I apologise to all those that didnt!
It sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 19 of 45   

Jump to: