Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We are in the Interstate Bracket.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ On the positive side, it is better for our injured players. In particular, there is more likelihood of Treloar playing with it being Sat ilo Thu. Isn't Howe also going to play in the VFL now on Sunday? Wouldn't have been possible if we played Thu.
Some Richmond supporters are complaining about playing Thu night that they have some players coming back from injury who now won't be able to play in the VFL side. And I'm sure some here would be saying the same if we were scheduled to play Thu. Sure there's a slight disadvantage if we lose, but I would still back us in to get the job done in week 2 if that eventuated.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ23 wrote:
[quote="qldmagpie67"][quote="E"][quote="qldmagpie67"]Ok is it just me or has anyone else noticed the following

The match ups for the weekends finals look like this

Tigers v Hawks MCG Thursday night
Melbourne v Geelong MCG Friday night
GWS v Swans Sydney Saturday day
West Coast v Magpies Perth Saturday night

So game 1 two Melbourne teams playing in Melbourne no travel so the loser get the longest break going into following week
So game 2 two Melbourne clubs playing in Melbourne no travel so winner gets second longest break for following week
Game 3 two Sydney teams playing in Sydney no travel so the winner gets a full 7 day break
Gsme 4 1 WA team 1 Melbourne team (Collingwood) only team to travel in opening round of finals. Play Saturday night no flight out other than special charter flight (at clubs expense AFL paid flight is Sunday morning) or a 250am (Vic time flight) allowing for flight time we if we lose get effectively a 5 day break leading into elimination final
Wouldn't it have been sexier to play West Coast v Collingwood on the Thursday juggle the other games so at a minimum every team would receive a 6 day break going into elimination finals
Again the deck has been firmly stacked against us
The only scenario that makes it ok is if we win then West Coast have to travel giving them a 5 day break
The way the AFL has scheduled the games it has taken away any advantage (other than double chance) in finishing second or in our case 3rd. It would have been a far more advantageous position to finish 4th 5th or 6th in our current situation
Can some one please explain to me how the gives every side a equal chance to be competitive in the finals[/quote]

i bet you will find that this has less to do with the conspiracy theory you are pedalling and more to do with the fact that there is some reason why optus wasn't available for use on a thursday night.

i wonder if collingwood asked for Saturday so that more fans could get there?

Who knows the reason. the one reason that isnt true is that they did this to screw us.

Remember what Winston Churchill says..... "we will fight them on the beaches...." catch the full speech if you want to know what the right mentality is going into a finls series.....

enough trying to make rexcuses for failure. Let's go get it done.[/quote]

E this isn't a conspiracy theory piece it's a statement of fact
Just for the record I've checked there's no event scheduled at the stadium (that's advertised)
There isn't a logical explanation why the finals draw was scheduled like this that makes sense
I wasn't making excuses for what may or may not happen I was simply pondering how this inequality happened[/quote]

I kinda wondered if we had requested it to give our injured players who are on the verge every chance of getting up for the game.
OK let's stop it now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: