Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dockers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I like the Craig Davis comparison.

Nothing like Boofa Davis more an Allan Martello type

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Earl Spalding! Never expected to hear that name again in my lifetime

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Ok I'll try not to do expected to hear that name in his or her lifetime too much.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:55 pm

ROB wrote:
I don't care if we win every game in same way as today - as long as we win - and that includes the GF - a win is a win......no need to worry about percentage if you win every game particularly in the finals...

you should never worry about percentage.....

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:36 pm

About Sier, Millane like.Still in his shell, after another 10 games the oppo will be taking sidesteps.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:44 am

ROB wrote:
Maybe Murphy goes out and Oxley stays - Oxley played ok yesterday - as did Murphy but I feel Oxley is a bit more mature. Howe is a yes.

Someone is going to be stiff if Treloar comes up also - Mayne has been too good to drop. Josh Thomas hasn't been fantastic the last few weeks but is just too dangerous and good to drop. Varcoe was a bit lost yesterday but provided pressure. And you can't drop Sier !! so who will it be?

Murphy took a mark running back into a pack with about 10 minutes to go. You don't drop players who do that. His kicking will improve.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:35 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
ROB wrote:
Maybe Murphy goes out and Oxley stays - Oxley played ok yesterday - as did Murphy but I feel Oxley is a bit more mature. Howe is a yes.

Someone is going to be stiff if Treloar comes up also - Mayne has been too good to drop. Josh Thomas hasn't been fantastic the last few weeks but is just too dangerous and good to drop. Varcoe was a bit lost yesterday but provided pressure. And you can't drop Sier !! so who will it be?

Murphy took a mark running back into a pack with about 10 minutes to go. You don't drop players who do that. His kicking will improve.

I don’t think we would ever question Murphy’s courage but he was terribly fumbly against the Dockers. That is the sort of thing that sends you back to the twos for some confidence. The Dockers forward pressure was pretty good and he just struggled a bit with the intensity and traffic.
You can’t afford defenders who don’t handle the ball cleanly and although I’m a Murphy fan, I just don’t think he’s ready yet.

Madgen is pretty poor in positioning himself in contests and starting points, so he isn’t without his issues either. He’s to slow for smaller opponents, so I would imagine the outs will just be about horses for courses opposition match ups.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:38 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Didn't see any of the game, just followed it on the AFL website & the Game thread. I feel like I need to lie down for a while!!!

Seems we got out of jail. With Buddy & Parker out for the Swans, you'd think Hawthorn would overtake us.

Worst case scenario. We'll lose to the tigers and then lose to WCE in Perf in the PF

What's your best case scenario ? or do you never have one?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

I don’t think we would ever question Murphy’s courage but he was terribly fumbly against the Dockers.

Murphy wasn't Robinson Crusoe in that Department! We were crap all over the ground in terms of clean possession. That's what made our win all the more pleasing though. We played about as poorly as we have all season but still managed to get up when it counted.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
ROB wrote:

I don’t think we would ever question Murphy’s courage but he was terribly fumbly against the Dockers. That is the sort of thing that sends you back to the twos for some confidence. The Dockers forward pressure was pretty good and he just struggled a bit with the intensity and traffic.
You can’t afford defenders who don’t handle the ball cleanly and although I’m a Murphy fan, I just don’t think he’s ready yet.

Madgen is pretty poor in positioning himself in contests and starting points, so he isn’t without his issues either. He’s to slow for smaller opponents, so I would imagine the outs will just be about horses for courses opposition match ups.

Didn't Buckley shift Langdon on Taberner and put Madgen on him. I thought Madgen more than held his own and is more suited on playing on tall forwards than on the smaller ones. Cox was the other one to worry our defenders. McCarthy didn't pose a problem. It was Neale and Brad Hill running berserk on the forward line who were the ones killing us (Ballantyne was the lucky one being at the right place and right time to kick the goals).
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:26 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
ROB wrote:

Didn't Buckley shift Langdon on Taberner and put Madgen on him. I thought Madgen more than held his own and is more suited on playing on tall forwards than on the smaller ones. Cox was the other one to worry our defenders. McCarthy didn't pose a problem. It was Neale and Brad Hill running berserk on the forward line who were the ones killing us (Ballantyne was the lucky one being at the right place and right time to kick the goals).

It’s hard to know match ups when you’re only watching on TV.
To me it looked like Langdon had Taberner most of the time until Taberner relieved in the ruck. Then Madgen and Langdon managed McCarthy and Cox.
McCarthy was a liability, so it looked like Oxley took him up the ground when they went with three talls in their forward line.
Mayne started on Hill and got injured early. W H E was moved onto Hill but no one could go with him. Greenwood went to Neale but Neale got on him on the outside.
I don’t like to bag players, particularly B grade rookies but he just looks lost in one in one positioning when he doesn’t have help around him. Personally, I think Goldy is a better option after one more VFL game ( but I’m no medico ) He’s just so much smarter in the contest. Play him deep and minimise the hard two way running and lateral movement and hopefully he can get through the first final.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:30 pm

3rd degree wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Worst case scenario. We'll lose to the tigers and then lose to WCE in Perf in the PF

What's your best case scenario ? or do you never have one?

I shouldn't speak for others, but I'm guessing his best-case scenario is WCE spring a selection surprise and play Gault at full-forward.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:23 pm

ROB wrote:

I was not doubting his courage, but was looking at overall balance, form and experience - Murphy will more than likely be a good player - time will tell. I don't think that running into a pack to take a mark is a reason not to drop a player - what if all 22 players did so in a game but you had to find room for Grundy, De goey, Pendlebury and Sier??

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 am

ROB wrote:
ROB wrote:

I was not doubting his courage, but was looking at overall balance, form and experience - Murphy will more than likely be a good player - time will tell. I don't think that running into a pack to take a mark is a reason not to drop a player - what if all 22 players did so in a game but you had to find room for Grundy, De goey, Pendlebury and Sier??

I watched Jonathan Brown back into a pack to mark the ball in a game against Hawthorn one day. Hawthorn were a couple of goals up at the time. After the mark Hawthorn gave up to concede the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: