Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dockers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tick the box, the past is in the past. We have a Top 4 spot now, nothing matters before only the future lies ahead. Our destiny is in our own hands and our season starts now. We will likely be travelling back to Perth for a shot at the Eagles. Take them down, throw the kitchen sink at them and make them feel our pressure. It's our time and it's there for the taking.

MONCO: Your life.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:24 am

Astonishing achievement, to end the season in Top 4, with such
a crippling injury list. Our team has shown such a ferocious will to win, such courage and strength with backs to the wall. This season has been amazing - a triumph for our team and for Nathan Buckley.
Whatever happens now, I am super proud of this team. i will go into our finals campaign supremely happy that we are there, and not expecting us to win a Flag, because that might just be out of reach. So I will be relaxed (relatively speaking). And you never know what can happen when you are least expecting it. Go Pies!!

Crimson Mask 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:34 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Horatio Fin wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Holy shit

that was awful

Are you referring to your posting during the game? Laughing

Lol...you have to admit, we were pretty shit snd it was dicey as all f*&k for a long time

Rarely post here and with "supporters" like What'sinaname little wonder why.

Sack Buckley
Ross Lyon>>>>> Buckley
We're pretenders
We're out in straight sets
Game Over
Only got to where we are via soft draw

Mate, I've seen some shit Collingwood supporters over the course of following this great club, but you take the cake!

Disgrace!
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:48 am

Will Maynard be in trouble for pushing Fyfe into the ump?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:52 am

foreigner wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. But clearly he did not mean to push Fyffe into the umpire, and he did not make direct contact with the umpire, so I would expect at worst a fine for rough conduct in close proximity to an umpire (if this is the name for it).

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:57 am

Loving Sier.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:58 am

Horatio Fin wrote:
Loving Sier.

Really impressed that he stood up in the last. Wasn't able to get much clean ball, but got first hands to it so often and was able to move it forward for us with strength.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:01 am

[quote="What'sinaname"]
Crimson Mask wrote:

Rarely post here and with "supporters" like What'sinaname little wonder why.

Sack Buckley
Ross Lyon>>>>> Buckley
We're pretenders
We're out in straight sets
Game Over
Only got to where we are via soft draw

Mate, I've seen some shit Collingwood supporters over the course of following this great club, but you take the cake!

Disgrace!

His comments regarding Sam Murray were shocking as well. Just appalling to abuse a Pies player like that. And also a very low level of confidence in the mental toughness of our team, claiming that one player's individual mistake is going to derail the entire team's grit and determination

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:50 am

noticed today Pendles was caught more than I have ever seen.

Whats with Sidebottoms soccer skills... increasingly using little dinks off the ground
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:18 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
foreigner wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. But clearly he did not mean to push Fyffe into the umpire, and he did not make direct contact with the umpire, so I would expect at worst a fine for rough conduct in close proximity to an umpire (if this is the name for it).

I was wondering that too. If he’d pushed the ump over directly, even accidentally, you’d have to think he was at risk of missing a week. Let’s hope the AFL don’t try to make an example of him, because god knows we can’t afford to lose another defender right now...

K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 am

Well, "the AFL" does mean Michael Christian... and they softened the whole interpretation at the request of the umpires themselves...
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:03 am

piedys wrote:
Jez, good summation there bro, but with 10 minutes to go, I could see all the hard work achieved in 2018 unravelling before our eyes.
As a spectacle, it was absolutely nothing to be proud of, or ever looked at again. Freo set up very well, crumbed all of our dropped marks on the half volley, and there were f&cking plenty. It was indeed a an epic clusterf%ck.
A couple of underperforming senior players are in for rude shocks when their names aren't called out in the next 22 for the QF.
Geebung would have been watching our game just GAGGING for a Freo win, and pissing themselves stupid, to have another crack at us.

I agree, we didn't play well yesterday but I think we would have lost that match in previous years. Even when we're struggling, I'm growing more confident in the team's ability to grind out wins, which we've done a few times this year.

We'll need to step it up for the first final, whether it's against the Eagles or Hawks. I'd expect some changes in the line up, so I don't see it going unchanged again.

However, after missing the finals for four years running it's exciting to be back playing finals and whatever happens I've been proud of the way we've surged up the ladder this year. We're building something special.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:53 am

Thanks for the presser Jezza. Cheers

I agree, we would previously have lowered our heads ,and boy did Freo come out to play! Not a bad thing, boys were backs to the wall with the news we won’t talk about, still so many down, last game, long way from home, I’ll take it any day.

We should at least get Howe back yeah? He would make so much difference.

I agree Jezza, so proud of this team. Easy draw or not, it’s been a bloody good year, after slogging it out week after week for five long years, it’s just been amazing!

So who else is going hunting for cheap flight? I sure am! I could do with a couple of days in the sun anyway! Cheers

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:23 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Firstly to the posters who during the game day thread decided to show up when things aren't going well and start there usual diatribe about Buckley and the players hang your heads in shame
Yes we are ordinary and it was horrible to watch but at the end of the day we won and you only ever get 4 points no matter how pretty the win looks or doesn't in the this case
The same said posters then quickly disappear and can't be bothered coming in and at a minimum share there thoughts after a win
Rant over

Seems to me like this was a justifiable rant. I'm stunned - we're in the four, against all the odds, which is a huge achievement in itself, yet so few forum members seem to be interested in in applauding that. Mystifying. I hope this isn't a reflection of the "Collingwood army" as a whole.

I can’t speak for others but for me it’s... therapeutic... to just react to what I’m seeing on the field in the game thread. Just a quick release of frustration. It quite often doesn’t make sense and thinking about it afterwards it’s more often than not unjustified. But it does help!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:52 am

Haff wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Firstly to the posters who during the game day thread decided to show up when things aren't going well and start there usual diatribe about Buckley and the players hang your heads in shame
Yes we are ordinary and it was horrible to watch but at the end of the day we won and you only ever get 4 points no matter how pretty the win looks or doesn't in the this case
The same said posters then quickly disappear and can't be bothered coming in and at a minimum share there thoughts after a win
Rant over

Seems to me like this was a justifiable rant. I'm stunned - we're in the four, against all the odds, which is a huge achievement in itself, yet so few forum members seem to be interested in in applauding that. Mystifying. I hope this isn't a reflection of the "Collingwood army" as a whole.

I can’t speak for others but for me it’s... therapeutic... to just react to what I’m seeing on the field in the game thread. Just a quick release of frustration. It quite often doesn’t make sense and thinking about it afterwards it’s more often than not unjustified. But it does help!

This. Game day thread is to rant and rave as it happens, not make logical calls. I think it’s hilarious to read back the highs, lows and stupidity of our posts! I think I wrote our season off half way through the second quarter!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: