Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dockers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need an other game thread for this round as we ride home Sydney and the Bears.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

I had a *&^*(&%$% blast
....... GO THE PIES

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Top4 cnuts!@@
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:25 pm

I don't care how we did it, I just care that we did.

They say good teams find a way to win.

Well today a very "off" magpies outfit did exactly that.....somehow found a way.

Grundy and Pendles - enormous.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:38 pm

One thing I hope is pointed out during the next two weeks is that it's okay to bomb long to Mason with three guys hanging off him, but not to JDG in the same situation. Today, he was long bombed when he had little chance of winning the ball. At least Mason has height and can knock it down to the smaller guys.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:43 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
We need an other game thread for this round as we ride home Sydney and the Bears.

Well there is, as always, a current-round thread in the Other AFL forum.

Time-on in the 4th & Hawks are in front...

Update: Hawks win by 9 pts.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Hawks finish 4th.

We’re 3rd.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Even a 1-point loss to WCE will see them lose enough % to drop below us.

Last edited by K on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Buckley's Press Conference:

[question cut off]
Quote:
"Fremantle's record on this ground outside of the derbies is 7-3. It's early stages in this arena's life span and there's a legitimate home ground advantage. We did well to deal with that and clearly a side that were challenged by their performance last week. Having said that, we did enough win and really that's the important part of the day but we didn't play as well as we would have liked to, but we did enough to win.

How does it feel now to lock away that top 4 berth?
Quote:
"It's good. You want to look after your own destiny as much as you possibly can. We feel like we've had a strong home and away season so it was encouraging. As I said, we didn't play our best footy and we would have liked to have performed better, but I think it was mature in that we would have at some point today everyone might have had a thought come into their head just 'what if we don't get over the line here', so to be able to handle that and then to go down halfway through the last quarter and then find the type of football that we need to just grind the win out was real maturity".

How valuable is the game here (Optus Stadium) as you might be back here in two weeks depending on other results?
Quote:
"If that occurs, then it's invaluable to be able to have a run on the ground and get a sense of it. I think a day game or night game might feel a bit different again, but the dimensions and the stands and the feel of the place so I think that's a benefit for us, but as I said it may not eventuate".

How did you find the ground for your style of play?
Quote:
"As I said, I don't think we played great footy. We were out of shape for a lot of the day. I suppose to be able to win the game where we didn't think we were really in sync or connecting that well in our offence or in our defence. I don't know how much we will take out of that, other than to say it probably wasn't the way we wanted to play. It's a sign of maturity to be able to get the win in the end".

Looking at the bigger picture, how do you feel about the challenges ahead with you now being top 4?
Quote:
"We think our best footy stacks up. We're not afraid of anyone that we play. I think it's either Richmond, Hawthorn or West Coast in the mix for our first final. We'll sit back now and have a look at those games and the results will fall as they will. We definitely won't be approaching that with anything less than full confidence in that we can get the job done. We've attacked and been aggressive and chased; our best form, our improved football, the opposition all season".

The way Mihocek stood up in the final quarter is indicative of the way you're found new players who have generated improvement in your team?
Quote:
"Yeah, he popped up in the last quarter and played a role. I thought Sidebottom and Pendlebury, the leaders, were huge all day to just keep the ship together, the glue that those guys provided. Brayden Sier's last quarter was huge. Young fella still in single figure games of AFL footy and hadn't had a lot influence through the day, but found a way to come up and have an influence late. I think young and old, we were able to just find a way. It's maturity whether you've played 10 years of AFL footy or whether you've played less than 10 games. To be able to handle that occasion and then just go and the trust the job you need to do; that's been a strength of our year and it was enough to get the job done today".

How concerned were you at quarter time after Fremantle kicked 5 goals?
Quote:
"There was some things we just didn't get right. Sometimes when you hit the scoreboard early, I think your forwards can tend to think that it's going to come in like that all the time and you can get a bit long and we were definitely long in our offence and I think it opened us up in our defence and it hurt us in that last fifteen minutes of the first quarter. Outside of that, Freo only kicked four goals either early in the first or for the rest of the match. Our smaller back six have stood up for us. We've won two or three or four games late in the season with that back six the way it is with the shifting mix of that end. I thought Taberner was dangerous. [Brennan] Cox was aerially up front, I think clearly there was a tactic from Fremantle to use the long ball to those talls as much as possible and we didn't handle it as well today as we have over the last couple of weeks.

Any injuries?
Quote:
"We looked like we were a little bit sore today. We didn't quite cover the ground as well as we normally do, but it doesn't matter. No long termers and nothing significant. It was a hard game of footy. Freo's pressure was up. They were fierce, we were fierce. That's the type of footy you want to be playing in and in that regard it's not going to hurt us because it was four quarters of pretty hard footy".

How do you feel the players have handled the Sam Murray situation and the focus that comes with it?
Quote:
"They've handled it really well. Just focus on what they can control and get the job done".

Have the players contacted him to see he's okay and to try and support him?
Quote:
"One thing we've done really well is to care for each other and look [out] for each other. Whether it's injured players, whether it's guys who are toiling away in the VFL and trying to put a block of form together to come and influence the senior side at some point. I think one thing we've done is really put our arms around each other. We're human and people makes blues. Internally, we're trying to look after each other as much as we can".

Do you have to resign yourself to the fact that he won't be available in the finals?
Quote:
"We've put a statement out about Sam so any specific questions about him or relating to what he's going through at the moment has been dealt with through that statement. We're just bystanders in the process at the moment".

When do you make a call on Treloar?
Quote:
"We have a look at his training form, which has been pretty good. The last couple of weeks have taken really strong strides forward. I think I called him a hail Mary opportunity like anywhere from 5 weeks to 2 weeks ago. Even last week I thought. He's starting to get into the realms of possibility. Definitely in his own mind he's convinced he will be up for us in the next few weeks whether that's two weeks, three weeks or four weeks. We can't be clear or definitive with that at this point. The most important thing is what the players thinks and he's absolutely convinced that he's going to come in and have an impact for us. When that is I can't tell you right now but it's a good problem to have".

Does Treloar feel he can play in two weeks time in the first final?
Quote:
"I don't know categorically when he thinks it will happen, but it's going to happen".

What about Tyson Goldsack?
Quote:
"Goldy got through the VFL today. We had a good win in the twos. He's one game off an ACL. He's been training pretty well and I'm sure he'll want to keep himself in the mix".

How stiff would Goldsack be to be unavailable for the first final?
Quote:
"We need to see how he pulls up. How we pull up. Which opposition we're playing and then we've got to think risk or reward. It gets to the pointy end of the season and he's done all this work to get back for a reason. We want as many soldiers as we possibly can to pick the best side to play the way we want to play and beat the opposition so Goldy is coming back to put his hand up; but whether that's up or not we'll find out in a couple of weeks time".

Are you a fan of the pre-finals bye?
Quote:
"We haven't had to worry about for the last couple of years. It's the third year [into it]. Come back to me in about four or five weeks and I'll let you know".

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-08-25/raw-buckley-responds-post-game

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Skids wrote:
Top4 cnuts!@@

Laughing Post something when you get home so we know you didn't get arrested. Wink

K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:17 pm

^ If Skids gets arrested, I'll be demanding the B-sample result and strict confidentiality until that time.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:21 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Firstly to the posters who during the game day thread decided to show up when things aren't going well and start there usual diatribe about Buckley and the players hang your heads in shame
Yes we are ordinary and it was horrible to watch but at the end of the day we won and you only ever get 4 points no matter how pretty the win looks or doesn't in the this case
The same said posters then quickly disappear and can't be bothered coming in and at a minimum share there thoughts after a win
Rant over

Seems to me like this was a justifiable rant. I'm stunned - we're in the four, against all the odds, which is a huge achievement in itself, yet so few forum members seem to be interested in in applauding that. Mystifying. I hope this isn't a reflection of the "Collingwood army" as a whole.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Cam wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Murphy will be a player.

No judgement from me at his age, and the players up-field were down, but today was his worst performance so far by a margin.

lol, its a rather small sample size, so not surprising Wink

Lol, seems weeks since he debuted! I've been watching him play in a parallel universe, apparently Very Happy

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:08 am

Yeah so that game's probably not going to the pool room. But 4 points is 4 points and it's enough to get us the double chance. I'd like to think of myself as being pretty positive and hopeful but there is no way in hell I would have picked us finishing the H&A in third spot with a half decent chance of 2nd.

I say they should just give Grundy the Brownlow. He's been absolutely huge for us this year. Was good to see the old stagers in Pendles and Sidey stem the bleeding long enough for us to find a way through. Mihocek has been our best value rookie since Maxy.

It's a game of inches though. Turns out that there was a goal between us and Hawthorn. Someone linked to the last 2 minutes earlier in this thread. Check out Stevo's pressure on Wilson that caused the miskick. Check out Aish's desperate lunge and tap to JT. What about his clinical finish? How about Greenwood's run down and tackle?

Any of that doesn't happen and we finish behind Hawthorn. Huge finish to the H&A
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:09 am

Oh and a shout out to Murphy too. He started out pretty poorly but I thought worked his way back into it by the end. He's got a lot better games in him no doubt. Most of the team does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: